What in non-nuspeak, does this mean?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 82 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Scheduled - Phone and chat support will be unavailable Tuesday-Thursday, July 30-August 1, 2024 as we are closed for professional development.

My mind is currently boggled.

Edited by Aishagain

2 hours ago, Aishagain said:

Scheduled - Phone and chat support will be unavailable Tuesday-Thursday, July 30-August 1, 2024 as we are closed for professional development.

My mind is currently boggled.

It means they are having a staff meeting or 4, so "important" that they shut down the department, so everyone can attend.

As to WHAT the meeting(s) might be about, that kind of meeting is usually "we're outsourcing all your jobs to Klatchistan at the end of next month" or "We need to discuss the recent killing of a customer, so you're all getting training in why it's important not to do that", or "we are no longer using the old software, a its expensive, so you all get a crash course in the new software that's crap but cheap".

Stuff like that, and almost certainly nothing good from our standpoint.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Aishagain said:

I've known mud that was clearer.  Pardon?

8 hours ago, Keira Linden said:

Hi all!

While I do enjoy reading your postulations on why phones and chat are offline this week, most of support is actually in professional development this week.    We do have some folks manning tickets as well as governance, otherwise the rest of the team is in our development sessions.  Thanks for your understanding this week, and we will get to your tickets as quickly as we can.

😃

• Thanks 1

Feel free to use this post as a "Make us Laugh" one. If you've ever worked in a corporation, you know.
DILBERT © 2006 Scott Adams. Used By permission of UNIVERSAL UCLICK. All rights reserved.
DILBERT © 2006 Scott Adams. Used By permission of UNIVERSAL UCLICK. All rights reserved.
layoffs-2.gif?w=840&h=258
layoffs-6.gif?w=840
layoffs-3-2.gif?w=840&h=258
layoffs-1.gif?w=840&h=255

At least employees for Linden Lab probably don't have to worry about Six Sigma programs.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 82 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.