Kuo: iPhone 16 Pro replacing blue with rose titanium color

Posted:
in iPhone

TF Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo has laid out his predictions for the color options for the iPhone 16 lineup, coming in the fall of 2024.

A render of an iPhone 16 in pink
iPhone 16 Pro could come in a rose titanium color

In a post to X, Ming-Chi Kuo has predicted the colors Apple will pick for the forthcoming iPhone 16, iPhone 16 Plus, iPhone 16 Pro, and iPhone 16 Pro Max models.

He believes the iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Plus will keep the same color options as the existing iPhone 15 lineup, with one exception. Black, green, pink, and blue should all be similar to the existing options.

Kuo believes the current pale yellow color in the current options will be replaced with what he calls "white." This could well be the color Apple tends to refer to as "Starlight," a whiteish-gold shade.

For the iPhone 16 Pro and Pro Max models, Kuo expects to see the "Natural Titanium," "Black Titanium," and "White Titanium" options as they are now on the iPhone 15 Pro and Pro Max. The current "Blue Titanium" option, however, would be dropped.

Replacing it would be a new "Rose Titanium" selection, he believes. Kuo hedges his bets by noting that Apple may rename existing color options, even if they are the same shade as before.

His prediction may suggest that he does not expect the overall exterior design of at least the iPhone Pro and iPhone Pro Max models to change significantly. AppleInsider has previously reported that Apple may be planning to give each model of the iPhone 16 line its own size of casing.

Under the rumored plan, the iPhone 16 would retain the traditional 6.1-inch screen size, and the Plus will remain at a 6.7-inch screen size. However, the iPhone 16 Pro would grow to a 6.3-inch screen, and the Pro Max would climb to a 6.9-inch screen size.

Apple will reveal the iPhone 16 lineup during an event in September.

Rumor Score: Possible

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 23
    If it’s THAT pink, watch “bruhs” all over suddenly realize that “gender” really IS a different construct than “sex”. 
    chasmOferwilliamlondonmattinoz
  • Reply 2 of 23
    PemaPema Posts: 98member
    Oh my lord. That is earth shattering. I won't be able to make phone calls or use my apps. 
    Kuok, you have outdone yourself. 
  • Reply 3 of 23
    elijahgelijahg Posts: 2,812member
    The 13 Pro's blue is so dull it is basically grey. Why the pro phones can't be "fun" colours I have no idea.
    WhiskeyAPPLEciderpulseimagesOferAlex1N
  • Reply 4 of 23
    Same with the iPad Pros it’s always boring silver or dark grey since they did dark blue for MacBook Pro I figured they would do same for iPad Pros
    williamlondon
  • Reply 5 of 23
    chasmchasm Posts: 3,478member
    elijahg said:
    The 13 Pro's blue is so dull it is basically grey. Why the pro phones can't be "fun" colours I have no idea.
    "Pros" are supposed to be serious people who don't want "fun" colours. :wink: 
    Alex1Nelijahg
  • Reply 6 of 23
    charlesncharlesn Posts: 1,007member
    chasm said:
    elijahg said:
    "Pros" are supposed to be serious people who don't want "fun" colours. :wink: 
    Actually... and I realize you said that with a wink... what's really perplexing is that the Pro models, which are mainly distinguished by their high end camera and video features, are aimed at visual arts professionals... you know, people whose work lives revolve around color. But with the boring colors Apple gives us each year, you'd think the target market was accountants, funeral directors and actuaries. Sure, keep black, white and gray in the lineup if you want, but how about a couple of bold, exciting colors to liven up the snooze fest? Rose pink certainly isn't for me, but at least it's a fun color... and for that reason I can't imagine Apple will allow it to make the final cut. 
    chasmOferwilliamlondonAlex1Nelijahg
  • Reply 7 of 23
    chasmchasm Posts: 3,478member
     People decide with their purchase.  Next must be rainbow just to please the 0.001% of the people in planet earth.
    It’s a higher percentage of that, but I don’t think it’s possible to make titanium do many colours, so you’re safe … for now!
    OferAlex1N
  • Reply 8 of 23
    OferOfer Posts: 263unconfirmed, member
     People decide with their purchase.  Next must be rainbow just to please the 0.001% of the people in planet earth.
    It’s ok, looking at a rainbow won’t force you to come out
    charlesnwilliamlondonAlex1Nchasm
  • Reply 9 of 23
    AppleZuluAppleZulu Posts: 2,120member
    Kuo will change his predictions for this several times, capped off by one final ‘no, wait…’ pronouncement 12 hours before the actual release. He will then continue to be lauded for his “reliably correct” predictions as the constant flailing about is lost to the fog of history once again. 
    elijahg
  • Reply 10 of 23
    kev4600kev4600 Posts: 3member
    Hopefully it’s that red rose 🌹 color we saw awhile back.  Pro colors are usually a deep color. 🤞🏻
    Alex1N
  • Reply 11 of 23
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,896member
    elijahg said:
    What "Pro" Apple device has ever had "fun" colors? It's always the consumer level products that have the brighter, bolder colors. The Pro products have always been simple black, silver, white type colors. 
    Alex1N
  • Reply 12 of 23

AppleZulu said:
    Kuo will change his predictions for this several times, capped off by one final ‘no, wait…’ pronouncement 12 hours before the actual release. He will then continue to be lauded for his “reliably correct” predictions as the constant flailing about is lost to the fog of history once again. 
    They all do this IMO. They hear something and throw shit at the wall to see if it sticks. If not, change your story and repeat until you're right (or mostly right). 
    Alex1Nwilliamlondon
  • Reply 13 of 23
    omasouomasou Posts: 610member
    Does the color really matter?

I mean seriously, once you put any case on it other than clear they all look the same.
    edited May 20 SpitbathAlex1N
  • Reply 14 of 23
    omasou said:

I mean seriously, once you put any case on it other than clear they all look the same.
    I think it does yes. Maybe yes in the end it's meaningless after you put a case on it but people do still care about the color. If Apple only offered Silver and Black for all of their phones (Pro and non-Pro models) people would be really upset. 
    Alex1NSpitbath
  • Reply 15 of 23
    M68000M68000 Posts: 827member
    omasou said:

It does matter to a lot of people.  I just upgraded to a 15 in yellow.   The color looks great to me even though it might not be too popular in sales numbers.   I like how the sides of it remind me of the days when we had gold color iPhones.  Looks great without case or in clear case.
    SpitbathAlex1Nelijahg
  • Reply 16 of 23
    SpitbathSpitbath Posts: 95member
    omasou said:

Yes. The camera bump still shows a little peek of color and a lot of the official Apple cases make really good color combinations. I'm a raw dog kind of guy but I've been tempted to put a case on it from time to time simply because the color combo is pleasing. It's never been pleasing enough to spend $50 on a piece of rubber or the extra bulk though.
  • Reply 17 of 23
    mattinozmattinoz Posts: 2,431member
    omasou said:

They should only make the Natural colour phones and not paint the back of the glass back. ;-)
    After all, everyone uses a case. Plus that would look cool if you are one of the "nobodies" who doesn't use a case. (like me /sarcasm)

godofbiscuitssf
  • Reply 18 of 23
    How about a see through glass back?
    iPhone Skeleton edition
    edited May 20 elijahg
  • Reply 19 of 23
    tomasulutomasulu Posts: 62member
    M68000 said:
    iPhone Skeleton edition
    You should know by now that Apple will never do designs like that. First they’ll be copying what was done. And second it’s considered garish. 
    Spitbath
  • Reply 20 of 23
    tomasulu said:
    M68000 said:
    iPhone Skeleton edition
    You should know by now that Apple will never do designs like that. First they’ll be copying what was done. And second it’s considered garish. 
    But, to coin a phrase - “everyone uses a case”.  lol, so it would not matter.  But,  perhaps some people would be interested in a see through look.   If it’s possible.  There is a company that takes apart old electronics and then makes framed pictures out of them.  Perhaps that is “garish” to some.  But, maybe cool to others.
    edited May 20 elijahg