Fallout New Vegas: Project Reclamation

Skittlz10

Hey all, long time lurker and long time Modder here.

As of the past 5 weeks now I've made considerable progress on a mod I call Project Reclamation, ill put the mod details as well as a progress list at the bottom of the post.

I am looking for help from a few experienced modders so this can happen cleaner and faster, right now i specifically need help fixing nif texture paths/ texture creation, Npc improvements, and interior cell creation.

i have 2 large locations currently about halfway finished and some world space changes. years back i wanted to make a mod based in Hawaii but couldn't ever get any real progress done, Project Reclamation however i intend to see to fruition.

If you are savy with Nifscope the geck and gimp please shoot me a message on here or via email if you are interested in the mod.

Email: [email protected]

*this mod takes place post hoover dam battle with an independent Vegas, it doesnt really matter but it helps some things make sense*

Lore stuffs

Project reclamation is about a Vault just next to Searchlight airport, Vault 166 (i started as v4 forgetting that was already a vault so i have 1 vault suit texture to redo and the vault door)

Vault 166 was not a standard social experiment vault, rather its intended goal was to create various technology to use in attempt of securing the mojave wasteland and bringing life back to the soil.

This Vault was equipped with 1 G.E.C.K, the dwellers used it immediately upon exiting the vault cleansing the surrounding area. after 1 year a sleeping brotherhood of steel chapter south of the Mojave hears word of this vault and sends Scouts to asses the situation. Realizing the potential of working with these dwellers the Brotherhood made a deal with the Vault overseer. The vault population was Integrated with the Brotherhood of Steel forming the new Brotherhood of Steel Rising chapter. The Overseer remained in control of purifying the wastes, The Brotherhood with Vast new tech is finally able to take control of the Mojave

kinda spoilers here? really just mod info for how it will play out

Most of the Original Vault Staff And dwellers Dislike the Brotherhood trying to take control of the wastes instead of just making it safe prosperous land

play will be able to side with the Vault and remove the Brotherhood Of steel. End mod result: dwellers dont advance far into the wastes only the southern portion of the map

The Brotherhood begins to think that the vaults goals are misplaced and that they should be taking hold of the Mojave

Player can side with the Brotherhood removing the Vault overseer and taking full control of Vault operations. End mod result: Brotherhood of Steel Rising chapter absorbs the Hidden valley chapter, and secures all of Vegas. The wastes remain barren

Player helps keep them together and ensures the Mojave is cleansed and safe

end mod results: The brotherhood allows the overseer to keep control realizing if they don't they turn into exactly what they wanted to keep technology away from. the Mojave ends up green cottonwood cove to Jacobstown. and violent mutant life becomes less and less common.

I have not decided if im going to have an enemy faction for an evil ending like the enclave but idk enclave seems a bit much.

Progress:

Geck City, this is where the vault is, its pretty much vault city without the adobe buildings

Barracks 100%

Main exterior 15%

guards 2%

navmeshing 0%

buildings 4%

interiors 10%

other stuff for dec 3%

Vault 166 interior 40%

school room 60%

Dorms 4%

diner 1%

overall vault structure 80%

overseers office 90%

armory 30%

vault decor 3%

i have a decent amount of other progress I didn't list like notes, npc stuff, quest data etc.

i do have screen shots but they were too large to post

Just an update because i left some stuff out and made progress.

i have alot of lore written for this mod, it wont so much be a run of the mill save the vault mod

2 towns planned. vault city, and a cave town named Anders Chasm

Full lore for the new bos chapter and its orgins

bunch of vault lore ill give a sneak peak in form of a Vault-Tec observation log at the end

faction locations will integrate into vanilla locations such as a new faction hiding in freeside

There will be 2 new companions with quests associated

lots of weapons, armor, and other fancy stuff

everything is still pretty rough and has lots of room for improvement. im hoping other creative minds will be able to assist

heres that little vault lore sneak peek

Day 20 All Dwellers Assigned work in Project development Are sorted Into 3 Project groups.
1. Project cleanse, all dwellers assigned Are tasked with creating a device that Increases Terrain fertility and encourages plant growth.
for this project communications with vault 22s r&d team are temporarily allowed
2. Project secure, All dwellers assigned are tasked with creating a weapon intended to be used in securing wasteland points of interest.
Dwellers are given 5 plasma rifles in aid to the research
3. Project defend, All dwellers assigned are tasked with creating a tool used to defend allys and locations.
For inspiration this group recieved several Tesla coil models/schematics