New Forum Feedback

Pickysaurus

The new system is based on "Points" rather than "Posts" it's a kind of lightweight reputation system. 

Edit: Actually, it seems I can recount your points using the old data, but we won't do that until the morning... just in case 😄

Edited by Pickysaurus

6 hours ago, HeyYou said:

Just got a badge for being a member for 1 year??? And, I'm a 'Rookie"??? Really? Hhhmmm..... Where did the last 15 years go?

I've also been a member since 2007, but it seems like only a year ago that I opened an account.  Maybe that's why I got the 1 year membership badge?🙂

Guest deleted34304850

Great job, forum looks so much better than I had anticipated. If I could give your back-end guys a Kudos for all the work they've put in to get your systems and data here, I would.

Seriously, incredible job from Nexusmods.

10 minutes ago, 1ae0bfb8 said:

Great job, forum looks so much better than I had anticipated. If I could give your back-end guys a Kudos for all the work they've put in to get your systems and data here, I would.

Seriously, incredible job from Nexusmods.

1ae0bfb8, you've expressed my sentiments exactly.

NexusMods team, you are to be congratulated for a job well done.  I am very pleased with the new forum.

Can someone please enlighten me on how to do the following: 

• I used to be able to click on "my content" and see all threads that I had participated in (started or posted) within the last year. 
  • I was also able to select specific forum sections so that when I chose to view unread content it would only show the forums that I was interested in.

With this current "modern" system, I cannot figure out how to view just the stuff that I am interested in all-in-one spot.  Of course, if someone does reply to me here, I'm not sure how I will be able to locate said reply as that is part of what I am not seeing how to achieve properly.

And I agree that this automatic double spacing between "paragraphs" is not conducive to making a list without having to use bullets or numbers.

9 minutes ago, IsharaMeradin said:

With this current "modern" system, I cannot figure out how to view just the stuff that I am interested in all-in-one spot.  Of course, if someone does reply to me here, I'm not sure how I will be able to locate said reply as that is part of what I am not seeing how to achieve properly.

One way to locate a response is to click on the the notifications bell next to your profile picture at the top of the page.  You can also just click on your profile picture.

So far, so good - the transition was obviously very well planned and executed.  It was a massive amount of data to move, so kudos for all of that.

I would echo the request for BBCode capability.

Also - I notice the ability to browse anonymously seems to be missing, along with not having one's online status publicly available.  Will that functionality be restored or is this how it will be going forward?

Thanks.

I have a slight issue over navigation. I didn't find it easy to get back to the mods and escape the forum. Home brings me back here. So does Nexus Mods (I thought that would definitely be mods). I eventually got there via 'explore' when I'd run out off things to click on. Might be nice if there was a clear signpost or at least someone tells me how I do get back there... 😉

I'm glad you all survived BTW - such migration is a nightmare...

Guest deleted34304850

In respect to creating new feeds to view content I've not read already, is there a way to filter on stuff i DO NOT want to see?

For example, I tried to find a way to filter out closed accounts and people who have been banned from my stream, however, I cannot find a means to "hide" or "ignore" those forums. I can go out and find all the forums I want to follow and then create a stream that only includes those forums, but that seems to be counter-intuitive. if I could view everything "except" forum x/y/z, that would achieve the same goal with a lot less effort and upkeep?