Fallout New California & The Frontier

wfandrews

I saw the LOD mod for Fallout Newer California and was interested in exactly what was involved in that mod. Long story short it involved Newer California which is a collection and as I do not use Vortex was useless to me.

I was interested in Fallout New California and The Frontier which were requirements for that mod, so I downloaded both.

My question is can I install both mods at the same time and if I can which should I install first as I figure one mod will probably overwrite the other.

Posted (edited)

Do not install them both. FNC and Frontier, each in its own right, has their own idea, theme, to design stuffs, and changing basic setting of the game. IF you install both, you definitely will have troubles.

I know a lot of players like to boast about their 300+ load order list with FNC, Frontier, TTW, all mixed in. What they did not boast about is the amount of help they need to fix all the bugs that appear every time they so much as to start that game.

If you have to ask that question of yours, the answer is that you can not deal with all the bugs that are going to appear, not on your own.

FNC will have trouble of its own. 

Frontier will have troubles of its own.

But the solution to FNC's troubles could very well lead to Frontier's new troubles, and vice versa. It's going to be damn rare to find a solution that workable in both FNC and Frontier in one session. More likely, you have to to accept that a solution to one will be impossible with another, so it's better to suffer the problems rather than try to fix them both way.

Edited by laclongquan

Fallout New California is most approriate to play. It start in the new area, and complete quests over there and transition to Mojave you are a Courier with a past. You can play FNC, then play around a bit in main campaign Mojave.

Fallout Frontier though, is a monster of a quest mod. If you completed Frontier, and move to Mojave, your data would be quite huge it affect your playing experience. Thus any Frontier run is recommended to run alone, and dont touch Mojave at all, to enhance experiencing.