How can I give pre-existing NPCs with unvoiced dialogue added by a mod voices

So there is a mod that gives many NPCs such as Elder Lyons new dialogue, however all the dialogue is unvoiced, so they don't move their lips or make any sound, what they say just appears as subtitles at the bottom of the screen. I know how to make audio files for their voices, I just don't know how I can add them into the mod so that the NPCs actually talk. Any and all help is appreciated.

Assuming you've had a bit of practice with the GECK and know how to make your way around, first find the dialogue that is unvoiced. When you double-click the dialogue, you'll get a more detailed box come up where you can pick audio, animations, mood etc. See below.

image.thumb.png.d0b7e1bf07404d7c3ea779c073b522e6.png

As long as all the conditions are correctly set so the correct voice type will say the dialogue, you'll have the voice types with which should be N N N N across the board. If there is no folder, what I do first is hit record for a second and then hit save. This will create the folder where the voice files need to be for the GECK to read them. Copy the name from Voice Filename and rename the related .wav file and make sure it's in the correct folder. The path is listed in the same box if you get lost.

For lip files, all you have to do is click the file so it's blue (just like I have done above) and click "From WAV" and then Generate Lip File. Just make sure you download FonixData and put it in the processing file. Also make sure your .wav files are 44100Hz and are mono, otherwise Fallout will struggle to use them. Any more questions, just let me know.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Skidgeroonie said:

Assuming you've had a bit of practice with the GECK and know how to make your way around, first find the dialogue that is unvoiced. When you double-click the dialogue, you'll get a more detailed box come up where you can pick audio, animations, mood etc. See below.

image.thumb.png.d0b7e1bf07404d7c3ea779c073b522e6.png

As long as all the conditions are correctly set so the correct voice type will say the dialogue, you'll have the voice types with which should be N N N N across the board. If there is no folder, what I do first is hit record for a second and then hit save. This will create the folder where the voice files need to be for the GECK to read them. Copy the name from Voice Filename and rename the related .wav file and make sure it's in the correct folder. The path is listed in the same box if you get lost.

For lip files, all you have to do is click the file so it's blue (just like I have done above) and click "From WAV" and then Generate Lip File. Just make sure you download FonixData and put it in the processing file. Also make sure your .wav files are 44100Hz and are mono, otherwise Fallout will struggle to use them. Any more questions, just let me know.

This is very helpful, but there's something else, please don't be afraid to ignore and forget about this if it's too much work to explain or if you don't know or anything. So the mod file doesn't have the GECK in it, and the mod is for Tale of Two Wastelands, so would I find what I need in FO3's GECK or in FONV's? Or do I need to look for somthing in the mod's own folder? Again, feel free to forget about this, I'll be looking at it myself while I wait for an answer, it's just this is my first time doing anything like this. Thank you so much for the help