How to Edit Creature Resistances?

jedp15

Like the title says, I'm looking to tweak resistances of each creature type, but I'm not sure where it's located. I know when selecting a creature, it might have 'actor effects' associated with it (like 'Tough Dog DT' or something), but this isn't what I'm after. For example, I know robots are weak to electric & EMP damage looking at Fallout wiki, but there's nothing in the creature effects that have anything to do with those damage types, so it's something built into the 'race.' However, the race tab is only for NPCs and it just covers looks, not gameplay...

Any help is appreciated!

Edited by jedp15

As far as I can tell, EMP Resistance is a red herring. It's an unfinished/unimplemented mechanic. (Or maybe it's how Pulse damage worked in Fallout 3? I remember it was still good for robots, but it was way less extreme than in NV.)

The way the pulse guns actually work is they have an object effect that checks whether the target is either Creature Type 6 (Robot), or is wearing any of the vanilla game's power armor. If true, it directly damages the target's health for a static amount of additional damage.

Posted (edited)

I had a feeling it was tied to the weapons themselves. Just looked it up: it's 'EMPPulseGunBeam'; kinda unfortunate how they have it setup, given it won't apply to any mod-added power armor. Also, looked at Miguick's super mutant mod and he had to create a custom effect for frost & electricity resistances - here I thought it was a full-featured mechanic. Gonna have to create those too... trying to build a FO2esque resistances mod.

Thanks for the response 🙂

Edit: actually, found some weapons (other than pulse gun) that use the 'EMP Resist' flag, meaning an actor's EMP resistances will be used to calculate the damage from those weapons. Managed to create a custom base affect with EMP Resist (detrimental or not). Sweetness...

Edited by jedp15