No Option To Train In Dialogue (Repost From SE)

Wrathchilde

I'm reposting this here because I think I posted it in the wrong forum. I think I might actually be playing the LE.

I recently joined the Thieves Guild, and I noticed that the trainers do not have the option to offer me training. I don't typically use trainers, but I wanted to in this case. I know I've trained with other non-Thieves Guild trainers earlier in the game, but this is the first time I've tried training with them. Does anyone know of any particular mod or mods that might be causing this option? I've confirmed it's not every trainer in Riften. Grelka in the marketplace has a dialogue option for training in light armor. But Vex has no option to train me in lockpicking and Delvin Mallory has no option to train me in sneaking. Since this is the first time I've ever tried to train those skills this could have been an issue for quite a while (I'm level 28).

Hello, I think the first thing would be for you to know which version of Skyrim you are playing since the mods that you may be using do not work in all versions, some of LE can work in SE with direct installation or through a patch, as well as in AE , the difference between the versions is the number that you will find in the launcher (opposite mouse button: properties/details) there you will find the version number. 
-Even the name of the program file can tell you since the name of skyrim SE says SE. although the difference is that you can be playing the SE upgrade which is AE but it will continue to say SE in the launcher
-Now I don't remember what it was like for the versions since I'm still in LE update, and I haven't been able to find an answer on reddit from a person who explained why they were referring to LE, SE and AE but the important thing is the version number you have installed
-I can't think of any mod that disables trainers from being able to use their workouts, I know there are some that increase the cost and others that make it infinite and others that make it free
-Also, what I wanted to tell you is if you have not seen the possibility that you have already passed the level that they can train you, you have not specified it in your post, you have only put the character level but not the skill level, but when you have already passed the level that can train you, the dialogue option disappears. This happens with all trainers in all of Skyrim
Sorry I can't help you more, maybe it will help if you put your load order in “spoiler tab” someone with experience can help you

Edited by Rodr1sen
  • Like 1