Open Community  ·  884 members

Stardew Valley

First Time Modder in Need of Help with confusing code errors

Writeraid

Hi. Please forgive me if this is not the proper place to put this, I'm not the most familiar with forums period.

I recently decided to learn how to make mods for Stardew. I have some loose familiarity with code and a love for pixel art so I figured, hey, why not? I decided to go with a simple 'add one crop' type of thing as a way to familiarize myself with the inner workings of everything, and at first it seemed fine, I've been able to troubleshoot any problems on my own with the help of tutorials for specific stuff and google for more general JSON stuff.

But I've ran into an issue. I attempted to add a string(?) of code in and in the row below it I am now getting an 'expecting comma' error. I have tried every possible place I can thing of to put one and yet it still gives the error. I am not a coding expert, this is the most I've done in a while, and I can't find an answer for it anywhere else. I'm attaching a screencap with the text and the error. It's for Content Patcher Specifically, if that is needed context. If anyone could just explain what's going on in plain and simple words that would be amazing. 

And again, I am so sorry if this is not the right place for this.

Screenshot 2024-08-11 195352.png

Edited by Writeraid
Wasn't sure if 'Loose' was spelled correctly.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Writeraid!

So the problem that Visual Studio Code is alerting you is that there needs to be a comma after "Load" on line 71 in your content.json

I rewrote your code to show that's why I added "_EXAMPLE_REWRITE", please ignore the condition as I'm not well versed in Date & Time GSQs yet so I'm unsure if you were looking for the shop to show your custom seeds on Year 1 Spring and Year 1 Summer.
test.png

I hope this helps and have a lovely day/evening!
- 𝓧✦

Edited by Exonika