Stuck at SKSE's Race Menu - Cursor Vanishing

Telemindred

This is my first time posting in this forum, and it's my fifth time trying to apply mods into Skyrim Legendary Edition (main game + DLCs), first time with Vortex. I have all the mods I wanted (save for one which is unfortunately only on special edition), made sure to resolve every conflict and issues that Vortex flagged and notified me of. I followed video instructions for installing SKSE and SkyUI. I looked up every possible article to try and resolve this issue myself with no luck at all. I reinstalled everything, restarted my computer, shut off my computer and turned it back on, but nothing works.

The issue I'm having is that once I make a new game (didn't have any saves beforehand), one of the mods takes you straight away to the race menu. About a minute passes without any issues, but then the cursor suddenly disappears entirely. I'm unable to progress through the Race Menu after that because I can't navigate from category to category (body to face, face to eyes, etc.). If I open the main menu by pressing J/journal, the cursor reappears. But when I close the main menu again, it disappears instantly.

From what I looked up online, everything and everyone says this is related (most likely) to SKSE's menus. So my question to those with far more expertise in this field is, what do you think the problem is? Is there a way to fix this?

If you guys need the full list of mods I have installed I can get the list, but I wanted to ask first in case one wasn't needed.

It is only the cursor that doesn't work?  Seems likely you are getting a crash (with screen frozen).

It is typically recommended that you install your mods progressively, quasi one at a time, and test a new game after each added mod.  In practice, this is important for the major mods... less with the minor mods though you still have to be willing to undo the lot and re-add them one at a time if you encounter problems.

Starting with SKSE is the way to go.  SkyUI should come soon after, and all other mods that are prerequisites to more interesting ones.

If you follow this method, your list of potential culprits will be small and we will be in a better position to help you fix it.

Apologies if that is what you did and I just presumed otherwise...

No need to apologize, I'm grateful you went over basic procedures. As I mentioned I'm no expert on this, and I'm relatively new to modding Skyrim on a PC. I did indeed make the mistake of installing all the mods and then loading the game, as opposed to installing them one by one to make sure everything was working as it should. I'm busy this weekend with my livestream coming up, but once I have the opportunity I'll uninstall everything and start from scratch, testing SKSE first, then SkyUI, then all mods relying on those, and so on.

Thank you so much for the advise, and I'll let you know the results when I have them!