SharpDX, Easy Hook and Easy Load dll's

wfandrews

I just purchased a new computer and after installing Windows 10 in lieu of Windows 11, the OS from hell,I have started downloading and installing mods for SSE AE GOG version 1.6.1179. The reason I mentioned installing Windows 10 after the computer coming with Windows 11 is that it is impossible to completely remove Windows 11 from your computer so that might have something to do with this.

Anyway, i noticed in my D:\users folder a bunch of dll files for SharpDX, Easy Hook, and Easy Load which I have not downloaded to that folder.

Does anyone know where those files are meant to be or if it is safe to delete them. There are also some from Command Utilities and Dynamic Data. I do not know whether those are duplicate files from whatever or if they got installed in my D:\users folder by mistake. There really are a lot of them, over twenty and I would like to know where they came from and where they are supposed to go. I do not want to just delete them as I am afraid that might completely FUBAR some application.

It's not completely impossible to remove Windows 11.   

It might be if you downgrade - and let Windows 11 decide how it allows itself to get "removed".   😄

-----

If you aren't too far along in the process I'd recommend just starting over and doing it the right way.

Note:  I'm assuming you have legitimate valid code for Windows 10.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fraquar said:

It's not completely impossible to remove Windows 11.   

It might be if you downgrade - and let Windows 11 decide how it allows itself to get "removed".   😄

Beat me to it.  At worst, you could always reformat the drive and install Windows 10 afresh (from an install file on USB, etc), rather than downgrading from a Win11 install.

(Meanwhile, if I buy another pre-built PC, I'll probably reformat it and put some form of Linux on the empty drive.)

All I know is that after installing Windows 10 I could not use my motherboard WiFi adapter but had to get an external USB adapter. I put all those dll's into a new folder as I said but they were back a couple of days later so I just deleted the new ones.

You are probably correct fraquar but my game is running very well now; no CTD's or crashes in a number of hours so I am going to leave well enough alone for now.

Aaron, if your new PC comes with Windows 11 that is definitely the way to go in my opinion.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2024 at 8:05 AM, wfandrews said:

All I know is that after installing Windows 10 I could not use my motherboard WiFi adapter but had to get an external USB adapter.

Hmm, no Windows 10 drivers for it, I take it?

On 9/7/2024 at 8:05 AM, wfandrews said:

Aaron, if your new PC comes with Windows 11 that is definitely the way to go in my opinion.

It was more hypothetical, since I'm not really looking for a new PC at the moment. 

My current PC is a desktop I put together myself, so it didn't come with an operating system.  I've had Manjaro Linux on it from the beginning (early 2020).

Before that, I had Windows 7 on my old pre-built desktop PC.  Maybe someday I'll find a new use for it, and replace its dying hard drive.