Summerset Isles Mod- "The Remnants"

spectrosoldier

Hi guys, I downloaded the Summerset Isles mod via Nexus and am really enjoying it- I know it's not finished but what there is is quite fun.

I'm having a problem with the sidequest "The Remnants" as I am meant to find a Dremora's Sigil Stone, but can't actually do so. I've been told there's a decoy, but I can't find the real one and I feel like a total idiot. Could someone please put me out of my misery and help me find it?

Cheers everyone.

This won't help you, spectro, but here goes: I have dl'd, played Summerset Isles, too. I loved parts but was frustrated with other parts. Maybe this is your problem here. I found some quests appeared to be broken. One, I was supposed to

talk to a dude to convince him to go somewhere with me. No dialogue available when I got to him. Many caves, etc. had nothing in them at all.

I don't know if this was a problem with the dl or not. Nothing seemed wrong and the mod started fine. Good luck

• 2 months later...

@thaimexico: In this case, because it is nonsense.
This mod is not flawed at all. I've played it, including all sidequests and I had not a single issue, questwise.
This mod is ambitious in many ways. Not all the quests are that simple like in the vanilla game. You have to look and to think twice very often, that's it.
Especially on a already heavy modded game you need to tweak your setup and loadorder intensely to keep the game stable but this is usual with a mod that size, but that's all.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Solution for google searchers:

It's actually not a bug, there are two sigils, one on top of some lava, and another next to one of those weird blood portals, but you'll have to look around to find it.

I won't say this mod is broken, but I would chip in into saying that it IS heavily flawed. Confusing stuff like this quest could have been easily solved by actually naming the fake Sigil "Fake Sigil", or by simply not dropping anything into the inventory and summon a trap (example:summon flame atronachs), personally I think it'd be fun to update the quest into a "keep looking" stage status. Then people would keep looking instead of thinking it was a badly made quest trigger, because wow, there aren't enough broken quests out there to make us suspect this mod has them too, right?

I can't believe what I'm reading here. Summerset Isles is "heavily flawed" "still in alpha" etc etc. I mean, seriously? Are you guys playing a different Summerset Isles than I am?! Good gawd, that mod is awesome. I've put a ton of hours into it and never had any issues, quest or otherwise. (Fwiw, I've never encountered a single "empty cave" as mentioned in the second post) Took me a bit to figure out the decoy sigil stone thing but, c'mon, it wasn't that hard. All the player has to do is to continue exploring (and why on earth would you not explore the entire cave?) - when you come across the second sigil stone, it's pretty obvious what's up. To double check, I just tried dropping each of them and when I couldn't do that with one (got the "quest items cannot..." message) it removed any confusion I might have had. Man, Skyrim is an awesome game but I swear it makes players way too used to having quests hold their flippin' hand from start to finish.