Crown Trick

Crown Trick

View Stats:
```skunk3``` 27 Jun, 2022 @ 11:40am
Is the game really hard?
I bought this game yesterday. I am used to tactical games but it seems like no matter what I do, I cannot get past day 1. I find myself having to burn through blinks in order to escape otherwise inescapable enemy skills or take damage, and with only 2 uses of the heal flask I don't seem to have enough HP to make it through. Also, a lot of the skills are extremely underwhelming and it feels like in some cases they are barely worth using.

I can't find a way to change difficulty in the settings. :crtstressed:
< >
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
Annoyer13 12 Jul, 2022 @ 2:43am 
It's a roguelite, so you will get stronger after you get some gems and unlock more things. After you defeat some elites they will drop more useful skills too. But yeah, it can be a pretty hard game at times.
Game is too random. You collect coins and no way to spend them, you have items which effect last one turn.
It's hard to set tactics here when you get everything randomly
```skunk3``` 10 Aug, 2022 @ 5:51pm 
Originally posted by Darkhulk ʕ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°ʔ:
Game is too random. You collect coins and no way to spend them, you have items which effect last one turn.
It's hard to set tactics here when you get everything randomly
exactly. i am not stranger to tactics/rpg games and no matter what I did I found myself taking unavoidable damage, especially in certain boss fights. most of the items are very underpowered or at best situational and most of the time your best option is just spam attacking. I havent played the game since tbh... I have too many games in my library to be concerned with this lol
Samseng Yik 11 Aug, 2022 @ 12:48am 
Nothing wrong to the game difficulty.
Also don't stain the tactical/rpg series with your experience.
Able to complete 98% achievement within 30 hours.
The game maybe just not suit you doesn't mean it is bad.
If durian doesn't suit you then you have no right to judge durian.
Last edited by Samseng Yik; 11 Aug, 2022 @ 12:48am
```skunk3``` 11 Aug, 2022 @ 6:52am 
The problem with this game is that in most roguelite games you can reasonably expect to get 'so far' on early playthroughs and slowly get upgrades via money or whatever other system they are using. In this game I never can beat the first day so I can never buy any upgrades, so I am stuck repeating the same experience over and over again. The problem is that there is too much unavoidable damage and a finite amount of blinks. Also, some weapon types are clearly better than others and you what weapons you get come down to RNG anyway. I found the experience of playing this game too unrewarding to justify trying harder.
A little bit late, but I figure it's fine if it's on the first page in the discussions. I burned through day 1 on my first try after the tutorial. I felt like I had a huge number of options and ways to approach boss fights. Try to avoid trading normal attacks with enemies and especially bosses. They will mess you up badly. It's better to run and wait for them to create an opening with their abilities. And many boss arenas on day 1 have very helpful barrels scattered everywhere which usually are highly effective against the boss.

Also, magic felt very strong to me. I haven't found a familiar I felt was useless so far. Though I will say primal water seems like it's the most over powered so far. And the fact we get a mana refill at the start of every battle room means we can thin out at least half of the enemies before they even get close. Or at least lower their shields enough to make them breakable in melee before they can attack.
ClownBaby 11 Sep, 2022 @ 9:45pm 
I feel the difficulty of this game is just right. I am a bit confused about what is day 1? The first level or the ENTIRE first dungeon. The ENTIRE dungeon took me a couple hours to beat but the first level I beat right after the tutorial. I am also confused why you only have 2 blink charges? I get upwards of 7 pretty easy and fast. The key is the shield break mechanic. Maybe replay the tutorial and pay more attention? The break mechanic fuels all your blink mechanics and higher damage output for the game. Also a good starting tip would to be to use ranged weapons from the start. I see the huge potential in the axes but Im just not there yet skill wise. ATM i stick to polearms and rifles. Also I agree I haven't found a familiar that is too useless yet. Hope this helps
```skunk3``` 11 Sep, 2022 @ 9:54pm 
I haven't bothered reinstalling as of yet but from what I can remember the mechanics were so unfairly stacked against me that no tactics even mattered. The normal stages were a breeze but as soon as I got on a map with a lot of enemies and/or a boss I'd constantly find myself in situations in which I couldn't avoid taking damage. I like strategy/puzzle stuff but this I just didn't find entertaining. I dont know if its all RNG or what but in my time spent it felt liek I was getting butt f*cked by rng.
ulzgoroth 12 Sep, 2022 @ 9:53am 
So...

(A) Why do you think using blink to avoid otherwise unavoidable damage is a failure mode? AFAICT that's exactly what you should be doing.
(A2) Even if you're not effectively farming extra blink charges with break, and you should, you still refill to 3 at the start(?) of a battle room.

(B) Being in the first day doesn't prevent using either in-run currency or out-of-run currency. I think I unlocked every shop during the first day, though the last two I only got on the run where I also completed the day.

(C) So far I have exclusively died when I was too resistant to using my elixir because I didn't know it was a renewable resource. It is, even within the run.

EDIT: Day 2, not so easy.
Last edited by ulzgoroth; 13 Sep, 2022 @ 11:03am
Ash 20 Sep, 2022 @ 1:07pm 
no, it is not hard. 1st attempt and straight to the final boss. Unfortunately, he defeat me. But in the second attempt I got him.
Payday 21 Oct, 2022 @ 5:58pm 
Blinks DO NOT refill at the start of battle, only mana. And once you start getting far enough, sometimes even your mana doesn't refill.

OP, reinstall the game and try it again. Yes, you are weaker at the start but you should have all the tools you need to get through. Are you using the same strategy each time? Try to change things up a bit.

Whatever weapon you start with, try and grab things that will support that weapon. Or if your weapon choices are bad, pick the best of the bunch and try to lean on your familiar skills more. Then try and grab things that will expand the power of the skills you are using. Don't take upgrades that don't directly support your 'build' unless you absolutely have to. You don't HAVE to take ANYTHING except a weapon. You don't have to take any familiars, you don't have to pick up anything else except the first weapon. You can skip things you don't think will help you. Once you get far enough you can even sell some things that you won't use.

Remember this is a turn based game. if you don't move/act the enemy doesn't either. Make them come to you. Use the traps in the game to your advantage. Once you encounter the elites and bosses you will learn their patterns and they become much more predictable and easier. Plan your actions so you don't have to rely on your blinks so much. Don't use your blinks out of hand, save them for real unavoidable damage or to get into a better position.

Yes, it's random, but more often than not that can work in your favor. I've had incredible runs where I absolutely demolished everything that stood in front of me, and the opposite too. Most times you can 'feel' how good a run is going to be depending on what you get from the start. If your weapon / familiar choice isn't working out, don't be afraid to return to base and start a new run.

Hope this helps! I think it's a really fun game with some good challenges. There's not many 'cheese' strats this game uses against you. Nearly every time I died I felt like an idiot for not seeing something the game clearly telegraphs.
Last edited by Payday; 21 Oct, 2022 @ 6:01pm
DrakenKin 17 Nov, 2022 @ 6:26pm 
I won my first run, but it took me a few to win again. I was super lucky at first with decent damage and alot of way to save mana to keep stuns going.

The issue with the game is too much RNG, a big pool of useless weapons and relics, and very little room for synergies since you can't control what you get. So this is the kind of game that wants you to keep trying until you get lucky, instead of putting you in the driver seat.

After 11 hours i reached the witches but runs are now way too long in terms of time and i don't particularly enjoy the mechanics or the gameplay so i am basically tempted to just give up on the game. Main issue is that i dont feel like i am being clever or making good builds or tactics, it's just repetitive and too RNG based.
```skunk3``` 18 Nov, 2022 @ 5:57am 
Originally posted by DrakenKin:
I won my first run, but it took me a few to win again. I was super lucky at first with decent damage and alot of way to save mana to keep stuns going.

The issue with the game is too much RNG, a big pool of useless weapons and relics, and very little room for synergies since you can't control what you get. So this is the kind of game that wants you to keep trying until you get lucky, instead of putting you in the driver seat.

After 11 hours i reached the witches but runs are now way too long in terms of time and i don't particularly enjoy the mechanics or the gameplay so i am basically tempted to just give up on the game. Main issue is that i dont feel like i am being clever or making good builds or tactics, it's just repetitive and too RNG based.
thats EXACTLY how I feel... the rng is just too brutal and if you dont just so happen to get the right stuff it's VERY hard to progress
DinoHat 20 Aug, 2023 @ 3:18pm 
played the game for 20 hours before i accepted the fact this game sucks and im wasting my time. no sense of progression, never made it past day 1, hell, i even resorted to unethical methods and still thought it was absurd what you are expected to do. people that say it is easy, i am requesting you to literally post a video guide on how you are meant to beat vlad without a single useful upgrade, i'm calling bs
Last edited by DinoHat; 20 Aug, 2023 @ 3:20pm
NA/UL 22 Aug, 2023 @ 2:25am 
The game is not that hard once you got the hang of the mechanics. :HappyElle:

I think you should see the first time you play and the first save as an introduction or tutorial into the game.

You should be able to finish the first part of the game againts vlad consistently even with a new save.

You will lose more often once you open the new scenarios as losing is a part of the game, and like the first time you play, you should actually think of it as a introduction and a tutorial.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
Per page: 1530 50