Outcast - A New Beginning

Outcast - A New Beginning

View Stats:
How is the performance ...
How is the performance on 60 Hz displays now? I see nothing in the patch notes that says anything has improved for people with these displays. Is it still a stuttered mess? I had wanted to get this game at launch but didn't for this one reason. Really still want to play this but got to see that things are fixed.
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Uraael 2 Jul @ 10:21am 
I play this @ 60 and it's fine.
Talon 2 Jul @ 12:12pm 
Iv been playing this the last few days, and running at 4k60 native, with DLAA, and outside of some brief loading situations on some cutscenes and first couple seconds after fast travel, iv been at 60fps most the time. Normal gameplay, flying around, platforming, doing the obstacle courses, no micro stutter. I notice very little hitching. So performance is fairly good overall, and seems better than other technically "bigger" games.

Had way more fun with this game than I thought I would, i enjoy every bit of their version of the mechanics, the banter, etc. Also i dont think the game's screenshots and videos on all previews and store page do it justice, as its a very pretty game. Like i said above, every thing is on max/ultra, DLAA is native res anti alias, so no upscaling, running on a 3080TI, it may not be all super high res textures, but they did a wonderful job on the visuals.
cutscenes - stutters (on start or scenery change), everything else is okayish: random fps drops (stutters) but not really noticable much or affect gameplay which is janky cuz all that jetpack jumping and gliding with weird choice of used controls
75hz with rtx3060/rtx4080, I used gog version.
demo is absolute stutters fest tho.
Last edited by prostoe_bydlo; 6 Jul @ 10:37am
Been running the game with 244 refresh rate, looks phenomenal. Graphics run smooth, game is remarkably swift and runs without lag. 8GB-11GB Video card a must. I have Nvidia RTX 2080, been running in 2560 x 1440. Running on high settings, without forced shades and no blur.
aop 17 Jul @ 3:06am 
The performance seems very variable and the game definitely has some problems. Cutscenes run at 30 fps with poor frame pacing, there is some shader compilation stutter and some to lots of traversal stutter depending on your system.

I have played the game on two computers, a desktop and laptop PC:

Desktop specs:
Core i7 10700K
32 GB 3600 MHz DDR4 RAM
RTX 3080 10 GB
2 TB PCI-E 3.0 NVMe SSD
WIndows 10

Laptop specs:
Ryzen 7 6800H
32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM
RTX 3070 Ti (mobile) 8 GB
2 TB PCI-E 4.0 NVMe SSD
Windows 11

The performance on the desktop is OK, I get some stuttering now and then but the performance on the laptop is very poor and the game is stuttering constantly. The CPU and GPU utilization on the laptop is very low (around 50% both) and the graphics settings have minimal impact on the performance. In comparison the desktop has almost 100% GPU utilization all the time.

I get much better performance in some newer UE5 engine titles on the laptop, for example Robocop: Rogue City runs much better and is utilizing the CPU and GPU fully.

I really can't figure out why the game is running so poorly on the laptop, as it clearly isn't even taxing it much at all.
Solid 4K 90fps or so on a 7900XTX and 7800X3D.
Last edited by CaptainRAVE; 23 Jul @ 4:14am
Paul 26 Jul @ 2:08pm 
Runs great for me, stable 60 on 60hz screen 99.9% of the time, looks awesome too
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50