Sniper Elite 5

Sniper Elite 5

View Stats:
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Charis_Rebellion  [developer] 10 Dec, 2021 @ 1:04pm
Frequently Asked Questions
When was Sniper Elite 5 released?
Sniper Elite 5 launched globally on Thursday, May 26th 2022.

Which platforms is Sniper Elite 5 available on?
Sniper Elite 5 is available on Steam, Epic, Windows Store, Xbox Game Pass, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 4 & 5.

Is Sniper Elite 5 coming to Switch?
There are no concrete plans for a Switch version of Sniper Elite 5 at this point in time.

Will there be a physical release?
Physical editions are available on PlayStation and Xbox only. For more information, please head over to our website via http://reb.to/SEPreOrder.

What's included in the different editions?
  • Standard Edition: Base Game, Target Führer: Wolf Mountain Mission, Digital Graphic Novel (PC Only)
  • Deluxe Edition: Base Game, Target Führer: Wolf Mountain Mission, P.1938 Suppressed Pistol, Digital Graphic Novel (PC Only) and the Season Pass
  • Rebellion Store Bundles: Find Out More by clicking here. [shop.rebellion.com]

What's included in Season Pass One?
Yes. The Season Pass comes fully loaded with:
  • 2 Campaign Missions
  • 2 Weapon skin packs
  • 2 Character Packs
  • 6 Weapon Packs

What's included in Season Pass Two?
Yes. The Season Pass comes fully loaded with:
  • 2 Campaign Missions
  • 2 Weapon skin packs
  • 4 Character Packs
  • 6 Weapon Packs

What are the minimum PC requirements?
Minimum Specifications are as follows:
Processor: Intel CPU Core i3-8100 (or AMD equivalent)
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: DirectX12 capable GPU with 4GB VRAM
Storage: 85GB

What are the recommended PC requirements?
Processor: Intel CPU Core i5-8400 or equivalent
Memory: 16GB RAM
Graphics: DirectX12 capable GPU with 6GB VRAM
Storage: 85GB available space

Please note that Sniper Elite 5 will require Windows and will not function on unsupported operating systems. We will not support Mac Parallels.

Does Sniper Elite 5 support cross-play?
Yes, cross-play is supported across all platforms for Sniper Elite 5. You can also toggle it on and off as you wish.

Where is Sniper Elite 5 set?
France, 1944. Based on real world locations, these are the biggest, most interactive maps in the history of Sniper Elite.

Can you turn Invasion Mode off?
Brand new to the franchise, Invasion Mode allows players to drop into each other’s Campaign to take the role of an Axis Sniper. For those players who just want a solo gameplay experience there will be the option to switch this game mode off. To find out more, Click Here.

How can I get the latest updates on Sniper Elite 5?
Follow us on social media and join our Discord for the latest updates on Sniper Elite:
Twitter: @SniperElite
Facebook: @sniperelitegame
Instagram: @snipereliteofficial
Discord: Click Here [discord.com]
Last edited by Charis_Rebellion; 11 Apr, 2023 @ 8:21am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 243 comments
NH_Nomad 10 Dec, 2021 @ 1:08pm 
nice
m3toSlay3r 10 Dec, 2021 @ 2:09pm 
Cool
Vladimir 10 Dec, 2021 @ 2:10pm 
Will there be Denuvo?
farahpervaiz 10 Dec, 2021 @ 3:33pm 
sepp detreich, joachim piper, micheal wittman, all fought on western front 1944
ChaosBahamut 10 Dec, 2021 @ 4:07pm 
Originally posted by Vova:
Will there be Denuvo?
Probably.
4arli 10 Dec, 2021 @ 7:35pm 
Вы ведь просто забыли указать русскую озвучку ? я вас правильно понял ?
в противном случае это конечно нда....... продажи в снг будут явно запредельными....
Last edited by 4arli; 11 Dec, 2021 @ 5:56am
O.DOGG 10 Dec, 2021 @ 9:03pm 
What I find a bit worrying is the "In-app purchases" on the game page. I hope they stick to the DLC model of previous games and not nickel-and-dime us with micro transactions.
DeadPoolX 10 Dec, 2021 @ 9:20pm 
Will Sniper Elite 5 allow you to manually save and load your game when you want, like you can in SE3 and SE5?
WayneZer0 10 Dec, 2021 @ 11:13pm 
will it be possiable to disable the pvp feature ? becaus it dont sounds like fun
ŽČČČŽČŠŠŠ 10 Dec, 2021 @ 11:48pm 
Cant wait best sniper series :steamhearteyes:
Dear Rebellion,

I do believe your upcoming SE5 games are gonna need some game mechanics and bugs fixes improvements before you can publish it. There's a few suggestion and discussion you want to read it:

1. The Grease Gun
This WWII history weapon also can used as the silenced weapon, like silenced SMG weapon, and this weapon was the only SMG silenced weapon which deployed in WWII, but some of Steam players who have play SE4 games give the negative ratings and feel like this weapon did not filled in the silent warfare packs weapon because of the Grease Gun problems haven't fixed yet. If the Rebellion can fix the Grease Gun problems, also give the Grease Gun attach the Silencer, or you also can attach this weapon with suppressed ammo, it should became a more realistic history weapon in your upcoming SE5 games.
Notes: This weapon's silencers was an Experimental Suppressor which come from Bell Labs in WWII before their Labs renamed as Nokia Bell Labs in 2016.

2. The Crouch Walking
I have the game experience while I played SE4 at the first time, and one of the problems is the crouch walking have a little bits too slow at the movement speed. Although the crouch walk's speed can faster than the enemies walking speed in the game but it still hard to catch up the enemy patrolling soldier in a certain distance before you can perform a stealth kill to them. If most of the WWII Infantry crouch walking are not fast as they can catch up the enemy patrol soldier walking, how could they can perform stealth infiltration and stealth kill while they are behind the enemy lines?
And I hope this should can remind you, and don't forget make some improvement while the player doing the crawling movements!

3. Enemy AI
Some of the player who have played SE4 are noticed the enemy AI soldiers are not smart enough and more realistic as they though. Some player noticed they can throwing a stone and lured the entire squad of enemy guard to keep looking into the same direction without return their position, but that's not the worst, it still the realistic way. But the worst part is, they can see the player even the player hide behind their armor tank after the armor tank stopped moving, while the player tried to destroy the tank with the explosives after he silenced the tank driver and the gunner with his sniper rifle's suppressed ammo, the enemy soldier from the middle distance can see him even he's hide behind the tanks, and it makes the player blown up their hiding cover because of this.
I hope the Rebellion can fixes this problem at all.

4. Hearing the walking footsteps
While the player is right behind the enemy, he should have understand where's his location on the map. While the enemy hearing the walking's footstep, the enemy should have understand his location too. If the enemy can hearing the player's walking footstep, they should also can heard their friendly soldier's footstep too. How come the enemy can be alerted while they heard the player's walking footstep without recognize who is walking around?
Did the enemy AI can recognize the friendly and the hostiles's footsteps even they have their friendly soldiers walking around on the streets?
And the enemy should be alerted while they heard the player's walking footstep in the wood like the player on the grass or there's only one enemy guarding or patrol alone in his place without being interrupt by anything. But how come the enemy still can heard the player's walking footstep without recognize their location was in the wood or on the streets while they are guarding or patrols?
When I played SE4 games, I discovered the enemy still can heard the sound of replenished ammo while I was hiding in the second or the third floor building just to replenished my ammo with the local ammo supplies, and then the enemy on the street level suddenly being alerted, it feels like they can heard any sound with no reason, it's make no sense, it also make the whole game being unrealistic as I though.
You should do some improvement on your upcoming new SE5 games, like silents the player's walking footsteps without being heard by the enemy, the enemy AI won't be alerted while his friendly soldier walking around or the loud speaker sound-masked in a certain area and the enemy AI won't heard other sound created by the player, I hope this should help you to improve our new coming SE games but only times will tell us!

5. Camouflage should reduce detection
While the player played the infiltration or the sniping, the camouflage skin should be helped their player's characters while hiding in the woods or hiding in the darkness, including their weapon skins too. But the problem is, the enemy AI in SE4 or SE5 may can see you from a certain distance even you are choosing the camouflage skins to your characters and your weapons even you did not move and lay on the ground WITHOUT HIDING IN THE BUSH OR STAY BEHIND THE TREES in the woods or hiding in the darkness (the enemy AI may can see you from a certain distance if you start moving in the bush or behind the trees, but they will not see you from a safe distance while you didn't moving in the bush or behind the trees, but is the France's Forest have some bigger trees are big enough to cover the players?), the camouflage is used to reduce enemy detection from a safe distance except you start moving and start crawling, even if does not working in the games, it should at least can confuse the enemy's sight while they are looking to your direction or looking for the direction of gunfire.
We also can improvement the enemy AI can see the camouflaged player if the player stick to the building's wall or walk on the stone road, because the ghillie suit with wooden camouflage does not work to the building area, but the player can change his camouflage skin to the darkness skin so the player can perform the night-time infiltration sneak into the building or hiding in the darkness and in the shadow.
If you wants to make your new upcoming SE5 games better, you should patch it to your notes! :)

6. Undercover spies operation
I was wondering, if we have a chance to disguise ourselves as the high rank enemy officer to infiltrate the enemy base even we are just the sniper who are just doing the special S.O.E agents jobs. If the enemy does not blow up our disguise, even they though we are just one of them. It should be easily to infiltrate the enemy base after we disguise ourselves with the enemy outfits. But maybe, just maybe because I think about that too far, and we are basically sniper, disguising as the enemy and doing undercover spies mission may violate and go against Sniper Elite's basic characters, maybe even go violate and against the spirits of the whole Sniper Elite.
But if you believe there's some reason to develop the undercover spies mission in your new SE games, I will accept it.

7. Civilian on the streets
We should have make some unarmed civilian on the streets, inside the village or in the urban cities. We can do this on the Occupied European City in the new upcoming SE5, the city should be peaceful even the enemy soldier walks on the street at the beginning of the game, the civilian should be run away from the streets or take cover to avoid the gunfire but the civilian will risk or affect the whole mission. If the lower memory PC cannot handle the games and makes the game crash. We may only deploy soldier on the street. But a village or a city without the civilian, did the game's logic can means the enemy enforce curfew the place in 24 hours and 7 days??
Also, the France resistance may outnumbered and not all people get ready to join the fight. The Nazi on French had no reason to execute all civilian on the street, and the new coming SE5 games has based on France, not based on SE4 Italia.
But I won't interrupt your Rebellion's decision what type of the games you wants to make, and this is just the discussion and some note you can improvement to the new SE5 games. If the Rebellion though and believe more unarmed civilian AI should affect and crash the new SE games without start doing the improvement with putting the civilian, then you can no need to following my suggestion.

8. Can the player sound-masked the sound of footsteps?
Following Number 3 Hearing the walking footsteps, I was wondering to know, is there a chance to sound-masked the player's footsteps while they're walking or running? Because I don't have any further details of this, like walking on the ground, on the grass, on the wooden planks, on the stone road, or even the metal/steel-made plates within the hallway on your feet while the player is walking inside the building or walking outside the village or the urban cities. This should patch into to your notes, while I noticed we can sound-masked our gunshots, but is there any chance to sound-masked our footsteps while we're walking or running?
I hope this should help to improve your new SE5 games more realistic.

9. Search-Light, Flash Light, Car Light, and the Flare Guns
While the player played SE4 games, the enemy base have some campfire, some street lamps, and the Searchlight light the darkness in the night skies. I was realized, why the enemy AI soldiers don't have their own flashlights while they are patrol in the darkness, including the vehicle's lights too. In WWII, the Infantry already can carried the flashlights in the night time, without the flashlight and the vehicle's lights, the patrolling soldiers will almost blind in the darkness. The darkness are also the player's advantage, followed the SE4 games, the darkness and the shadows are already can cover the player to reduce and avoid enemy detection, but the other problem is, the enemy AI soldier equipped the flashlight and the car lights will blown up the player cover in the darkness and the shadows, and the enemy equipped the flashlight will also light up the enemy location. The enemy AI soldier equipped the flashlight will increase the infiltration difficulty to the player, so the best option is, you can adjust the number of the enemy soldier on the field and in the games, just in case if the player wants to go smoothly.
We also can let the enemy AI soldier had the chance to use the Flares to light the darkness if they want, shooting the Flares to the night skies and the Flares will light the darkness and bright the ground at the night, it should give the player more challenging to avoid the Flares will light up their location while hiding in the dark. Unfortunately, I don't know the Nazi Germany have using the flares or not, in WWII. And the enemy should not waste too much flares if they have a limited flares ammo while they want to light the darkness. But let's patch this to your notes if you want to.

10. The different types of Commander
Most of the SE4 player have experienced killing the enemy officer and enemy general in the games, but what about the Commander?
While I'm watching some player playing the SE4 Nazi Zombies Army - The Dead War, I noticed Rebellion also have puts the Commander Zombies which can command the zombies army to attack the player. So, I'm just realized, why is the SE games don't have the enemy commander put into this stealth adventure game series? So, I guess Rebellion needs to make some improvements to the new SE5 games. We can let the enemy AI commander command his AI soldier and lead the charge on the field, we can also let the enemy AI commander meet the other commander and share the knowledge and the experience, to make some discussion how to fight, how to defend, and how to make his fellow AI soldier doing other jobs on the field.
The player also had the chance to kill the enemy commander between stealth or strike, even any option. but the commander are also have a few different types, and we should understand before you can make any improvements to the new SE games.

i) Squad Leader - the Commander in the army squad, which will lead the charge or command his soldier in the field.

ii) Platoon Commander/Leader - the Commander/Leader in the army platoon.

iii) Battalion Commander/Chief - the Commander/Chief in the army battalion.

iv)Regimental Commander - the Commander in the army regiment.

v) Division Commander/General - the Commander/General in the army division.

vi) Base Commander - the Commander in the army base, including the Air base commander, the army base commander.

vii) SS troops Commander - the Commander in the SS troops, but I don't know too much about SS troops, but you can find it by yourself.

We can add the new Infantry type called "SS troops", which have the different, unique way, or things, or skills, or experience in the field, which can make the player had more challenge or make a different way to deal with them in the field. But I don't know anything about SS troops, so please forgive me.
If Rebellion believe this suggestion may not crash the new SE games and it can works in the game and make the player can play it smoothly, why don't we give it a try or give it a shot?

11. Shutdown the electricity and the communicate system
While the player played SE4 have experienced about shoot the searchlight and the lamps or using the enemy radio for communicate, why don't the player just can shutdown the whole electricity or turn off the light to increase the darkness, or the player can cut off / sabotage the phone lines and the enemy radio's wires to prevent the enemy AI soldier using the communicate system and calling the reinforcements?
The enemy AI soldier will be alerted once there's no lights in the base camps or inside the building, they might also realized they can't raise the base alarm if the player has shut down the base alarm before. The enemy AI soldier will also cannot call for help after they find out the communicate system has been sabotaged after the player cut it off.
We also can make a fake phone calls or fake radio calls to misleading the enemy or make fake calls and let the enemy targeting the wrong targets, just before shutdown the electricity and the communicate system. After the player finish it, the player can destroy the whole electricity and the communicate system once it's done. Rebellion already did this in SE4 games (But the radioman in SE4 was the different with the base's radio.), right?

12. Enemy Artillery and Howitzer units
If the enemy AI soldier cannot deal with the player from the sniper nest without their armor tank, can they use the artillery to attack the player from the far side?
Rebellion should put two new unit on the field - Artillery Units and Howitzer Units.
The Artillery Units can target and attack the player from the far side on the hills, but I remember we never see the artillery units have doing any action to attack the player in SE3 and SE4. If Rebellion can add this units in the games, it will make the player have more challenge to deal with it. The Artillery units can destroy the sniper nest where the player hiding if the enemy started alert and saw the player on the far side. But the artillery units can somehow miss the cannon shot to the player, and the artillery units will not attack the player only the player hide inside the urban cities building, it will change the bazooka unit, the enemy tanks, and the infantrymen doing their jobs.
The Howitzer Units also can target and attack the player same as the artillery units and their shooting range was only in a certain far distance, and the artillery units's range can shoots further than howitzer units, but unlikely the artillery units, the Howitzer Units can mobilize by the infantry, to keep moving the position once they found a place to place the Howitzer. And once the target hit by the howitzer, it will cause an explosive to hit or kill the player even the player are still hidden. The player have to deal with them without raising the alarms and alerted the enemy.
The both advantage of this two units is they both can shooting flares to the night skies and reveal the hidden player, same as the soldier with equipped the flare guns. The soldier also can help them with shooting the flare guns to pin-point the target and let this two units can shooting the target where the flare's point, it will provide the artillery support. Just like SE Nazi Zombie Army 4 - The Dead War.
I hope Rebellion can also patch this into the notes if they want.

That's all I wants to discuss for the new SE5 games, but please pay attention and make no mistake because there's too much things need to improve your new SE5 game and fixes the game mechanics and the bugs problem, to make sure this new SE games did not crash while the player are still playing game, BUT YOU CAN ACCEPT PART OF MY SUGGESTION AND THE DISCUSSION IF YOU BELIEVE THE PC CAN'T HANDLE TOO MUCH MEMORY. But if you though or believe the discussion and the suggestion I given you can help you improve the new SE5 games, please don't thank you for me, let the other player will tell anything after they experienced the new SE5 games. If my suggestion and my discussion may not accept by Rebellion, I would not force you. You can make your decision and you are the creator and the developer of this game series, I'm just give you some discussion and some suggestion while you are still developing the SE5 games. And I hope your Rebellion could do something after you finished read this. Thank You! :)

Your Steam Player,
Delta
Last edited by Delta the Supressor; 14 Dec, 2021 @ 11:12pm
funkynutz 11 Dec, 2021 @ 7:55am 
Originally posted by Charis_Rebellion:
Where is Sniper Elite 5 set?
France, 1944. Based on real world locations, these are the biggest, most interactive maps in the history of Sniper Elite.

Will we finally be able to top the 1019M headshot from the first Sniper Elite game?
Last edited by funkynutz; 11 Dec, 2021 @ 7:55am
DaetherX 11 Dec, 2021 @ 7:12pm 
Originally posted by O.DOGG:
What I find a bit worrying is the "In-app purchases" on the game page. I hope they stick to the DLC model of previous games and not nickel-and-dime us with micro transactions.

This. DLC outside the game is acceptable.
Any in-game store where we can spend real money, or links to stores outside the game in-game, are unacceptable. I have SE3 & SE4 plus all DLC's.

It ruins a game for me if I have to be worried that I might click something where I can be lead to spend real money, and especially to be incentivized or pressured to spend real money.

Edit: Though I'd like it more if there were fewer DLC's. I stopped buying Paradox games due to (in part) all their games having a never ending extremely long list of DLC's that add up to more than the base game. Way WAY WAY more.
Last edited by DaetherX; 11 Dec, 2021 @ 7:19pm
*~> BugDay 3 <~* 12 Dec, 2021 @ 7:10am 
will this game be uncut in germany (like "hakenkreuze" and gore") ?
Last edited by *~> BugDay 3 <~*; 12 Dec, 2021 @ 7:10am
DeadPoolX 12 Dec, 2021 @ 12:26pm 
Originally posted by *~> WBTBWB <~*:
will this game be uncut in germany (like "hakenkreuze" and gore") ?
I don't think that's Rebellion's call, I think it has to do with German laws...
< >
Showing 1-15 of 243 comments
Per page: 1530 50