Sniper Elite 5

Sniper Elite 5

View Stats:
Sniper Elite?
Most is close combat. Soldiers you cant see in the bin.
Sniper Elite 1,2,3 and four was great. but 5.. Its a close combat game, not Sniper Elite.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
There are some places you can do long range sniping, but it does feel much less so in that regard than their past titles.
Dusan 16 Aug @ 10:44am 
Originally posted by johan.millerjord:
Sniper Elite 1,2,3 and four was great. but 5.. Its a close combat game, not Sniper Elite.
I disagree.
There are tons of opportunities to snipe from a distance in SE5 but you sometimes need to look for them.
Last edited by Dusan; 16 Aug @ 10:45am
Yes indeed, the close combat in sniper elite 5 is similar to Metal gear solid 1st, it allows to vary, I think!
LoneWolf 17 Aug @ 12:12pm 
Yes, there may be less chances, but I kind of see that as in real life: No one is going to hand you what you want, you need to look for it. Just as in real life, there won't be as many places for long range sniping in a town due to close buildings etc.
RadarLuv 17 Aug @ 9:30pm 
Well the longest shot in SE4 is under 600m, Longest in SE5 is 1840m. Maybe the name is a little miss leading "Sniper Elite" because he does everything from Sniper too Demolition, CQC and Sabotage. Can't compare this to Modern day sniping, I myself like the sabotage and melee part, setting traps is also a hoot. In Spy Academy when your across from it at the beginning, I don't move from there until I've killed every soldier I can see from one end to the other before I move from that spot. That's roughly 20 to 30 soldiers shot from 100 to 500m away.
Last edited by RadarLuv; 17 Aug @ 9:45pm
Aussie Seal 18 Aug @ 1:35pm 
I'm tired of responding to comments such as OP - its been answered hundreds of times in the last 12 months. In short: you can play SE5 any way you want - full blown sniper, full blown close combat, or a combo of each. Sigggghhh.
Dusan 18 Aug @ 1:49pm 
Originally posted by Aussie Seal:
I'm tired of responding to comments such as OP - its been answered hundreds of times in the last 12 months. In short: you can play SE5 any way you want - full blown sniper, full blown close combat, or a combo of each. Sigggghhh.
Yeah, exactly :steamthumbsup:
@johan.millerjord - here's the thing: if you adopt stealth tactics with patience and slow moves using your binos to tag distant enemies from high points, you will be rewarded with distant sniper kills. Then wait for enemies to find the corpses and more sniper kills. Break that style and you will end up in close combat every time. SE5 was deliberately designed to relegate undisciplined players who don't want to play that way to mindless close combat.
Last edited by Aussie Seal; 18 Aug @ 2:14pm
Originally posted by RadarLuv:
Well the longest shot in SE4 is under 600m, Longest in SE5 is 1840m. Maybe the name is a little miss leading "Sniper Elite" because he does everything from Sniper too Demolition, CQC and Sabotage. Can't compare this to Modern day sniping, I myself like the sabotage and melee part, setting traps is also a hoot. In Spy Academy when your across from it at the beginning, I don't move from there until I've killed every soldier I can see from one end to the other before I move from that spot. That's roughly 20 to 30 soldiers shot from 100 to 500m away.

Yes, I do the same in Spy Academy.
Dusan 18 Aug @ 2:17pm 
@johan.millerjord - here's the thing: if you adopt stealth tactics with patience and slow moves using your binos to tag distant enemies you will be rewarded with distant sniper kills. Then wait for enemies to find the corpses and more sniper kills. Break that style and you will end up in close combat every time. SE5 was deliberately designed to relegate undisciplined players who dont want to play that way to mindless close combat.
That's my own experience, the game easily deteriorates into a close combat mayhem whenever I lose focus and patience :D
SE5 rewards those qualities but it's not easy :SE5Eagle:
SE5 was deliberately designed to relegate undisciplined players who don't want to play that way to mindless close combat.

lol. Come back machine learning. All is forgiven. :nahclown:
DAYWALKER 18 Aug @ 10:31pm 
is the map design that is problematic not game it self.
Dusan 19 Aug @ 5:45am 
Originally posted by DAYWALKER:
is the map design that is problematic not game it self.
I'd say that a map design is an integral part of a game. A map design is one of the core things that define a game.
But why/how is the map design problematic?
Agree! Se5 s*cks because developer made the secondary weapon on first person view (in addition to scope for sten mk2 and mp44). Endless running then complete the g*rbage of this game. It's just a "fake" sniper game. This is not a sniper game. They announced the next, It will be the same of 5. My hint: keep your money and don't buy it!
Originally posted by ☢Uranio88☢:
Agree! Se5 s*cks because developer made the secondary weapon on first person view (in addition to scope for sten mk2 and mp44). Endless running then complete the g*rbage of this game. It's just a "fake" sniper game. This is not a sniper game. They announced the next, It will be the same of 5. My hint: keep your money and don't buy it!

ok
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
Per page: 1530 50