Hollow Knight: Silksong

Hollow Knight: Silksong

So this thing is never coming out, right?
At this point I feel like the fan base is being punished by the silence. The company knows we've all been waiting forever and we want this released. The teasers were fun a while ago... Kind of over it. Thoughts?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
skong
Raui 24 Jul @ 10:26pm 
If by the end of February 2025, the game isn't out or we don't have a definitive release date? Then I'm just moving on.
Melodia 25 Jul @ 3:19am 
Originally posted by Raui:
If by the end of February 2025, the game isn't out or we don't have a definitive release date? Then I'm just moving on.

Moving on from what?
Raui 25 Jul @ 7:06am 
Originally posted by Melodia:
Originally posted by Raui:

Moving on from what?

Silksong in general; caring about it or giving Team Cherry the benefit of the doubt. At that point, just gonna file it under vaporware and putting mental energy toward anything else.
Tomorrow For Shaw!
BAS1FUK 25 Jul @ 1:50pm 
I feel like their radio silence about this game is very unprofessional, to say the least.
Raui 27 Jul @ 10:43pm 
Really strange too; one of the most wish-listed games on Steam as well as one of the most anticipated indie games in general for a sequel for a very beloved game and aside from the occasional "they're still working on it" it's mostly just bread crumbs or cryptic hints or clues that wouldn't be out of place in a La Mulana game. :closetgamer: Leth, the PR guy, doesn't have much to say either apparently. Even a yearly blog post would have gone a long way but oh well.
Sweden 28 Jul @ 3:51am 
I see that people are finally getting tired of waiting for this game.
This is probably not good for TC, they should say something
Originally posted by Sweden:
I see that people are finally getting tired of waiting for this game.
This is probably not good for TC, they should say something
The people saying they’re tired of waiting and are planning on “moving on” from Silksong are a minority, I’ve seen.

The majority of people are still very much looking forward to when the game finally releases. I couldn’t tell you the amount of Top 10 videos over the past few years that have included Silksong in them.

There’s still plenty of excitement and positive buzz surrounding this game. It just rarely appears on this specific forum.
Melodia 28 Jul @ 10:26am 
People 'tired of waiting' and 'moving on' will buy it anyway. They are just being angry for the sake of being angry, like so many others.
People 'tired of waiting' and 'moving on' will buy it anyway. They are just being angry for the sake of being angry, like so many others.
Or perhaps because there has been next to nothing for updates since the little footage we had of it in 2019.

And lets just flip what you said to what you're doing. You are defending this game and the unacceptable years of silence for the sake of defending it. Good job, dude. Want a cookie?

Team Cherry has proven that they don't care about communication. They most likely are making a great game and taking a lot of time to craft it of course. But the years of radio silence is pretty ridiculous. I dont think they owe us anything. But to put out the steam page 5 years ago and provide no communication on the progress since then is very unprofessional. Call me an angry gamer too if you want. This is not how you win over your customers.
no, they will not. they have said as much.
Such a lack of information and communication regarding the development process tells me the studio has no idea what it's doing. There is zero excuse for any of this and I've for the most part moved on. Cherry revealed Silksong at the start of 2019. It's about to be 6 years now of nothing. How is everybody at that studio earning a living exactly? They're working on 1 game this entire time with nothing to show for it after 6 years lmao
Melodia 2 Aug @ 9:58am 
You've 'moved on' yet are yapping about it here. Uh huh.
Last edited by Melodia; 2 Aug @ 9:58am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
Per page: 1530 50