Bakery Simulator

Bakery Simulator

View Stats:
Cerebrovore 20 Jun, 2021 @ 3:36am
Bake not Brake
Don't ruin a reasonable cooking simulator with a sub-par driving section. It's really jarring to move from one mode to another.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
Live Motion Games 21 Jun, 2021 @ 9:06am 
Originally posted by The Root Of All Evil:
Don't ruin a reasonable cooking simulator with a sub-par driving section. It's really jarring to move from one mode to another.

Appreciate the honesty and the opinion about driving. Definitely something we should think about. Thanks.
Togetchi 21 Jun, 2021 @ 9:10pm 
Seconding the original post. It felt out of place to be driving a junky car around an empty city to deliver breads.

If you really want to keep the driving portion as an option, it would be nice for the players to have the option to hire a delivery person to take the breads to the customers, maybe with a 5-10% commission fee, or $1-2 off the top, whatever seems reasonable. The delivery portion doesn't have to be animated, just a black hole for the delivery time.

I want to focus on baking, not driving the breads around in a car/van/scooter. The baking part is great! The driving parts (even with potential improvements) don't feel as satisfying as the baking. It just kind of takes away from the 'bakery' part of the game.
Last edited by Togetchi; 21 Jun, 2021 @ 9:28pm
Evie of the Dawn 22 Jun, 2021 @ 2:39am 
Thirding what everyone else is saying. The driving segments aren't necessarily hard or anything, but it just feels like a pointless addition to what will most likely be a chill game to play in my down time. It doesn't feel necessary, and just feels like a way to pad things out a little. Not a fan, though some might feel differently.
Live Motion Games 22 Jun, 2021 @ 3:30am 
Thank you for the opinions everyone, it's very helpful to check with you in regards to that particular feature of the game. And as I can see you already have ideas for how to make it work! That's fantastic and as you probably know already I'm taking notes from what you're saying.

I'm however wondering if there is anything that YOU feel might make the driving elements of gameplay more interesting. Would you like to see anything extra in that regard if for example driving was here to stay?
Cerebrovore 22 Jun, 2021 @ 7:24am 
If you have to keep the driving game - scale it right down to 2D. As Cyberpunk showed, getting a full traffic simulator is a LOT of work - and a top-down simulator is way easier - and could be fun.
You could also do it as a Visual Novel style page flashes - which would allow story elements.
Or as a "on rails" indicator as your little brother runs that part of he delivery,

You could even split it into two separate games so the code isn't wasted. At the moment though, it just feels like an FPS section in a board game - which makes both seem worse.
Togetchi 22 Jun, 2021 @ 7:26am 
If the driving portion was something other than just for deliveries, it could have some value.

Say, if there was a windmill where you could go to unlock the next flour type, or a grocery store that sold the liquid ingredients. You could go in and restock on the ingredients you used up while you're out delivering bread... or call a grocery order and have them delivered in a half hour or something (kinda like real life, but maybe better to make it faster to let people enjoy the baking part more).

Also if driving were here to stay, it would be nice to have a more beautified city! Street lights, little food carts, flower plants in the windows, random lights on in windows to simulate people still being awake... It felt kind of bland just driving from point A to point B, and it felt the same for each delivery. The destinations were different but the path to get there felt like a grey blur.
Live Motion Games 23 Jun, 2021 @ 1:53am 
Thank you very much for your suggestions and comments! Loving the fact that you're full of ideas for gameplay and for driving in the game. While we are going to sit back and check our options in that department it's good to have additional ideas and suggestions from you to keep things fresh.
i really enjoy the driving section, it kinda gives a nice break in between the baking. Because, but that is ofc not for everyone, as already suggested would it also be nice to hire a driver for the time being. But i do not hate the driving idea whatsoever.
Originally posted by MišsÜñdêrstªńd:
i really enjoy the driving section, it kinda gives a nice break in between the baking. Because, but that is ofc not for everyone, as already suggested would it also be nice to hire a driver for the time being. But i do not hate the driving idea whatsoever.

Glad to hear that there are also people enjoying the driving sequences! Of course we treat all feedback very seriously but it's nice to see that driving in game is fun for some! We'll try our best to find a good consesus between the opinions!
Asoka_White 22 Aug, 2021 @ 9:13am 
Well i think this driving part is annoying.
Maybe later a update to hire a extra worker for deliveris and buy a Car for him.

Tip from my remove the Driving part and use the Time for other things.
Live Motion Games 26 Aug, 2021 @ 2:46am 
Hey there! Thank you for the feedback regarding that part of the game. Just to have a bigger picture - how did you find the rest of the game?
Thanks!
milkieu 26 Aug, 2021 @ 3:11pm 
i think it would be cool if driving was an option. like, for free, we could drive. but, if we dont want to drive, we can have an alternate option to pay a delivery driver.
Originally posted by milkieu:
i think it would be cool if driving was an option. like, for free, we could drive. but, if we dont want to drive, we can have an alternate option to pay a delivery driver.

It seems like an interesting idea, I'll be sure to let the team know - we did discuss something similar in the past :).
incurilium 16 Oct, 2021 @ 8:24am 
I just played the demo and loved it, also the driving. Was positive impressed that i could damage other cars by crashing in to them. :-) That's what most simulators just overlook. Thought it would be an interesting thing if you could also go shopping with the car instead of buying the supplies at the radial menu. But i can also relate the opinion of the others regarding and i always think - giving options is the perfect idea. in gerneral EA-Dev always went better if they gave options. (medival dynasty as a good example)

The game remindet me at the cooking simulator, but with - in my opinion - very important difference. the handling of the bowls and ingredients. This is so much better here.

Im looking forward to the game (and the driving!)
Live Motion Games 18 Oct, 2021 @ 9:06am 
Hey there! It's good to hear that there are also players that enjoy the driving - it gives us extra insight into what our players want to see in the game and how do they like to play. Checking and always being aware of players' needs is something we want to make sure we get right. Thank you for your comment!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 20 Jun, 2021 @ 3:36am