Superliminal

Superliminal

View Stats:
Trivvy™ 27 Dec, 2020 @ 12:23pm
The bouncy castle challenge can eat a D********CK!
Time to vent.

Oh my God I feel as if this wasn't even TESTED. You have to resize it EXACTLY on the first try, and 9/10 when you jump up, IT DOESN'T LET YOU ALL THE WAY UP. You get stuck on the edge, vibrating around, and maybe MAYBE you'll SOMETIMES by sheer luck manage to glitch your way up fully. ONLY TO FIND THE DOOR IS NOT BIG ENOUGH NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU WIGGLE.

GRAAAAAGH

Ok thanks, the game is fantastic, I loved it.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
Trivvy™ 27 Dec, 2020 @ 12:35pm 
Alright, I think it may be an FPS issue. I put VSYNC on, so it limits it to 144FPS (for me), and I am finding it easier to get up off the weird "ledge" that I would otherwise get stuck on. It seems like the higher the FPS, the more difficult it is, maybe to do with physics being calculated every frame or something.
57E 29 Dec, 2020 @ 2:53pm 
You are not meant to climb the castle.
Go into the castle and from the room inside enter the vent. You see the castle you are "inside" lift it up on to the pool's jump board an rotate it to face the door. Then go back to the way you came in. If you are too big for the door go back into the vent and make the castle smaller, then put it back and try again.
Last edited by 57E; 29 Dec, 2020 @ 2:54pm
Trivvy™ 29 Dec, 2020 @ 3:08pm 
Originally posted by 57E:
You are not meant to climb the castle.
Go into the castle and from the room inside enter the vent. You see the castle you are "inside" lift it up on to the pool's jump board an rotate it to face the door. Then go back to the way you came in. If you are too big for the door go back into the vent and make the castle smaller, then put it back and try again.
You need to hop up onto the castle's first step in order to get into the castle.

But it's fine, I've done it now, it was so difficult because physics calculate per-frame, and running at high frame rates causes it to be more awkward. Capping it at a max 144 FPS has it work a bit more predictably.
Last edited by Trivvy™; 29 Dec, 2020 @ 3:08pm
MiniEngineer 30 Dec, 2020 @ 10:19am 
Nah u slow
Trivvy™ 30 Dec, 2020 @ 10:56am 
Originally posted by MiniEngineer:
Nah u slow
no u
Coyote Guy 30 Dec, 2020 @ 11:48am 
I literally had 0 issues with the castle
Trivvy™ 30 Dec, 2020 @ 12:46pm 
Originally posted by Coyote Man:
Probably because you weren't running your game above 144 FPS.

Wish I could mark my own reply as the answer to the thread.
ndnprct3 30 Dec, 2020 @ 4:13pm 
Make the bouncy house small, then use it as stairs to get out of the pool. That way, you can make it big without worrying about not being able to jump up the first step of the bouncy house, because you'll already be elevated above it.
Trivvy™ 30 Dec, 2020 @ 4:42pm 
Originally posted by ndnprct3:
Make the bouncy house small, then use it as stairs to get out of the pool. That way, you can make it big without worrying about not being able to jump up the first step of the bouncy house, because you'll already be elevated above it.
You can't do that as it will invalidate the challenge restrictions. You have one jump. Only way to use it is to climb up onto the first step of the castle to get inside it.
Coyote Guy 30 Dec, 2020 @ 4:56pm 
Originally posted by Trivvy™:

I was running at over 400FPS with my 5800X/3080 Build
Trivvy™ 30 Dec, 2020 @ 5:00pm 
Originally posted by Trivvy™:

I was running at over 400FPS with my 5800X/3080 Build
*shrug*

I dunno then man, limiting my FPS definitely made a difference, and knowing how games work, it makes sense.
Last edited by Trivvy™; 30 Dec, 2020 @ 5:01pm
Can confirm the challenge was completely impossible when running >144 fps. Literally spent 20-30 minutes. Just turned V-Sync on thanks to this thread and made it with the 3rd try. Way less wobbeling. This is definitely a game-breaking issue.
Trivvy™ 14 Jan, 2021 @ 3:26pm 
Originally posted by ★ =DAlphaDuplo ✔ 🎄:
Can confirm the challenge was completely impossible when running >144 fps. Literally spent 20-30 minutes. Just turned V-Sync on thanks to this thread and made it with the 3rd try. Way less wobbeling. This is definitely a game-breaking issue.
VINDICATIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!
Last edited by Trivvy™; 14 Jan, 2021 @ 3:27pm
Lmao :D Thanks for the tip bro!
jkholzsager 11 May, 2023 @ 10:26am 
OMG. Spent 3 hours working on this before I found this thread. Thank you.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
Per page: 1530 50