Age of Empires® III (2007)

Age of Empires® III (2007)

View Stats:
Purno 4 Dec, 2017 @ 6:12am
Can I start up Asian Dynasties by default?
Is there a way to auto-select starting up Asian Dynasties whenever I start up AoE3 from my Steam Library?
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Moderator 4 Dec, 2017 @ 6:15am 
No. The only way is to create a shortcut for The Asian Dynasties on your desktop and launch it that way, but it won't be through Steam.
Purno 4 Dec, 2017 @ 7:05am 
Thank you for your reply :)
Mr Tickler 4 Dec, 2017 @ 8:38am 
I thought only I have this problem.

Purno 4 Dec, 2017 @ 8:41am 
The problem that you blindly click OK when Steam comes up with the pop-up button and you find yourself accedintally booting up AoE without expansions?

No, I have it too. :P
God of Time 4 Dec, 2017 @ 11:29am 
You can Right click AoE III in your steam library and you can launch asian dynasties from the drop down menu as well. but sadly there is no way to set it as default.
Eaglemut 4 Dec, 2017 @ 11:54am 
Here's how you can circumvent Steam and create a shortcut on your desktop to launch the game easily:

1. Navigate to your Steam game library.
2. Right-click on the AoE3 game and choose Properties.
3. Select the "LOCAL FILES" tab and press the "BROWSE LOCAL FILES..." button.
4. In the folder which should now have opened, locate file named "age3y.exe" and create a shortcut to it.
Yukiko 17 May, 2019 @ 10:44am 
There is a way to do it. You need to browse your local files for AoE3, find the exe for Asian Dynasties in the bin folder and rename it to age3. Do remember to rename the original age3.exe to something else first, else you end up with age3(1) or something.
ady_yon 6 May @ 12:30pm 
you can search, in your default folder, age3y.exe and send it to the desktop. When you want to play asian dynasties, just click on it. This is how i did, and is working.
Originally posted by Moderator:
No. The only way is to create a shortcut for The Asian Dynasties on your desktop and launch it that way, but it won't be through Steam.

Yeah, that's what I do. I just have the icon saved on my desktop, I don't really need Steam for it.

I just booted the game up in Asian Dynasties and right clicked on the app to pin it to the bar so I could keep playing it whenever I wanted. Never needs to check with Steam from what I've seen.
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 1530 50