Age of Empires® III (2007)

Age of Empires® III (2007)

View Stats:
SAVEGAME Folder "Doesn't" Exist
I have reinstalled the game twice now, after installations there is no savegame folder in bin folder , nor is there an AgeOfEmpires3 folder in Mygames in Documents. However, after every new reinstallation the same "saved" homecities are appearing in game. Clearly that data is being pulled from somewhere - but with no savegame folder in the bin or an aoe3 folder in documents I don't know hwere else to turn.

My Aoe3 folder is nested in steamapps \ common \aoe3

Thanks for help help in resolving this!
Last edited by The Frog Wizard; 24 Jul, 2020 @ 12:29am
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Eaglemut 23 Jul, 2020 @ 9:44pm 
There is not supposed to be a Savegame folder under bin, only in Documents\My Games\Age of Empires 3.

You are most likely looking at a Documents folder of a different Windows user than what is used by the game. Make sure that you always launch the game as administrator and look into the administrator user's documents folder.
The Frog Wizard 24 Jul, 2020 @ 12:29am 
Originally posted by Eaglemut:
There is not supposed to be a Savegame folder under bin, only in Documents\My Games\Age of Empires 3.

You are most likely looking at a Documents folder of a different Windows user than what is used by the game. Make sure that you always launch the game as administrator and look into the administrator user's documents folder.
Brilliant. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction, I knew that it was supposed to be in the documents folder of the user, but didn't think that AOE would save in the admin rather than the user in which it was installed. Savegame was in the admin folder. Thanks!
C:\Users\tammam\Documents\My Games
i have same problem im trying to enter to this file and I find most fo my games there but not AoE3 when I launch the game (it take 15 minutes to launch) I cannot play anything besides the campaign. and after I shut it down my save is gone. when I try to press on skirmish it has a small stutter then does nothing. when I try to create home city also I enter the tab but there is nothing to press its just an empty page I cannot select anything... same for multiplayer... it weird I trued to reinstall it 3 times.
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 1530 50