DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS™ 2

DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS™ 2

View Stats:
question
does any1 know how far from the bell room the villagers will recognize buildings and rooms?
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Brodou 3 Aug @ 4:28am 
Villagers will recognize rooms as long as they have a name and are recognized as a room, such as a bathroom, a common room or a farmer's room. But on the first island there's a restricted construction zone, there's no limit that you can see, so I rely on the changing music to know if I'm out of the zone.
Originally posted by Brodou:
Villagers will recognize rooms as long as they have a name and are recognized as a room, such as a bathroom, a common room or a farmer's room. But on the first island there's a restricted construction zone, there's no limit that you can see, so I rely on the changing music to know if I'm out of the zone.

i mean on the island of awakeing or even buildertopia and post story
Brodou 3 Aug @ 7:37am 
Bell room has nothing to do with building recognition.
Originally posted by Brodou:
Bell room has nothing to do with building recognition.

i figured that but i was using that as the starting point to try to build my castle/farms and wasnt sure how far i could go out and they would still recognize them
Brodou 3 Aug @ 8:23am 
u can build anywhere u want, as far u want.
On Island of Awaking I think it's the whole Island

on Chapter Islands you can hear the music, if it change you left the zone
thank you and i ask cause ive built rooms that they wont recognize for some odd reason but ik is more then close enough to be seen
Also pay attention that they are not "extremly big", those won't work as I know right now :/

That's the reason with the music, was the first thing I realized and stucked with it
Brodou 3 Aug @ 2:19pm 
Room cannot be bigger than 150 block thats what someone one told me because i had that problem.
max size rooms ive made were always no bigger then 10x10 interior so unless thats the issue idk since the rooms work but the villagers dont
On the story islands its a defined size near the bell, but never centered on it. You can tell where the boundary is by watching for the HUD change, a background audio change during the day, and Malroth or other teammates (like the Furrowfield retreiver) running up behind when leaving or dispersing when entering the town's boundaries. Rooms with any part of the walls built outside the boundary or overlapping count as a recipe, but are not usable by residents and do not count toward quest completion.

On Isle of Awakening there are three habitable zones where bells will only affect the people (and gratitude) in that area. The same boundary rules apply here, though rooms that overlap two areas may be used by residents of both. The beach and mountaintop temple areas are considered uninhabitable once you return from Furrowfield. If ever curious exactly where each zone's boundary is, the easiest way is to put own a musical instrument within a zone, but not within a room, get it playing music, and then that music can be heard until you step out of the zone.
See https://ibb.co/mhHf9ww (note: image may contain light spoilers)

On Buildertopias the base area is island-wide. There is nowhere rooms don't count or aren't usable or where gratitude can't be collected. Even the dock island counts.

150 blocks of interior floorspace is the maximum recognizable room size in DQB2. You can certainly makes rooms larger than 10x10. However, you can't exceed 32 blocks in either the horizontal or vertical direction.
Last edited by lilisaur; 3 Aug @ 7:13pm
hmm ok sounds like biuldertopia might be better then assuming i can move everything over
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Per page: 1530 50