Destiny 2

Destiny 2

View Stats:
Hunters needs to be nerfed
How come hunters can have 2 supers and get the most flexible prismatic set up. Warlocks are ok since they have song of flame and a decent kit to create survivability. How can hunters the class that should be glass cannons/PVP strong class out play every other class by a large margin in PVE. I'm not saying nerf their damage but just balance hunter to more of a damage class and titans be the tanks they were born to be. Warlocks are fine where they are since they have a decent kit. The worlds first race says its all
< >
Showing 1-15 of 61 comments
Hey man, I played hunter in season of the worthy when your only PVE thing was a single shot tether and if raid golden gun... we've been sad thing for high end pve activities for way too long. Let us have our moment.
Originally posted by Moon Atreides:
Hey man, I played hunter in season of the worthy when your only PVE thing was a single shot tether and if raid golden gun... we've been sad thing for high end pve activities for way too long. Let us have our moment.
Nah hunters should be glass cannons and PVP menaces, not a PVE god with the best DPS and Survivability
Originally posted by Nomeat710:
Originally posted by Moon Atreides:
Nah hunters should be glass cannons and PVP menaces, not a PVE god with the best DPS and Survivability

It's interesting reading this after being away from the game for awhile. Hunters used to get the nonstop ♥♥♥♥ end of the stick, *especially* in PVP for *years.*

Warlocks had the instakill homing grenade meta for a long time and that ♥♥♥♥ was infuriating, and so was the instakill auto-aimed titan melee. Especially after they gave golden gun several nerfs. Hunters could still use spectral blades to get some easy cheesy kills, but every other spec and everything else in their kit was trash or mid at best in PVP. it was season after season of 'lol ♥♥♥♥ you'
For years titans was an unkillable op machine with a stuff such as lorely splendor, and hunters was the worst class in game. And now titans finally being nerfed and hunters buffed, so stop whining, and take a fact that hunters desrved to be an op
Originally posted by -_|S.V|_-Shpycrab:
For years titans was an unkillable op machine with a stuff such as lorely splendor, and hunters was the worst class in game. And now titans finally being nerfed and hunters buffed, so stop whining, and take a fact that hunters desrved to be an op
Titans "finally being nerfed"? Titans had moments when they were op. For the most part they got out classed. Warlocks could out support them, Hunters could out dps them (and now out tank them. Infact there are so many ways that warlocks and hunters can counter them and even out melee them now (hell they could get out meleed last season). Titans have almost always been on the short end of the stick since beginning of destiny 2. Given the times that they were broken they really were freaking broken but it never lasted as long as when hunters or warlocks were considered broken.

Hunters and warlocks have had a better time in both pve and pvp when it comes to flexibility and builds. In pvp titans are easy to counter both warlocks and hunters were given the tools to not let titans close the distance. If a titan was able to get in punching distance to you then thats a you problem not a titan was op problem lol. Then with pve content titans only got solid dps builds for a couple seasons (still then hunters could out dps them).
Mr Mage 6 Jul @ 7:43pm 
if anything, hunters should be massively buffed

I used to think hunter was easy mode too until I actually played the class. now I think hunter is a 10 of swords, rather than an ace of clubs.

hunter has no innate survivability, unlike warlock's with their class abilities, and titans with their barricades
they're bad at tanking damage to due being focused on mobility rather than resilience or recovery
they're abysmal at jump puzzles as they can't sustain altitude at all, unless you count grapple, but that's not innate either

I will admit that prismatic hunter is pretty good since there's a handful of aspects to greatly enhance survivability, but until hunter gets reworked, it will always be the inferior class of the 3
Last edited by Mr Mage; 6 Jul @ 7:43pm
Mr Mage 6 Jul @ 7:48pm 
Originally posted by Gothicc Feeldoe:
Originally posted by -_|S.V|_-Shpycrab:
Hunters and warlocks have had a better time in both pve and pvp when it comes to flexibility and builds. In pvp titans are easy to counter both warlocks and hunters were given the tools to not let titans close the distance. If a titan was able to get in punching distance to you then thats a you problem not a titan was op problem lol. Then with pve content titans only got solid dps builds for a couple seasons (still then hunters could out dps them).
I'm willing to bet you main titan in pvp yourself

though the problem isn't titans themselves, but rather the meta having been centered around pulse rifles, hand cannons and melee since forsaken at the latest. melee especially requires no skill and has no surefire counter outside of sniper rifles, and even then, they can use thrusters and catapult lift to outmaneuver snipers. this is a first person SHOOTER. melee should have never been as dominant as it has been. melee abilities are fine as they are, but uncharged melee should be a last resort, not a primary form of damage
Eriana 6 Jul @ 8:21pm 
Originally posted by Mr Mage:
if anything, hunters should be massively buffed

I used to think hunter was easy mode too until I actually played the class. now I think hunter is a 10 of swords, rather than an ace of clubs.

hunter has no innate survivability, unlike warlock's with their class abilities, and titans with their barricades
they're bad at tanking damage to due being focused on mobility rather than resilience or recovery
they're abysmal at jump puzzles as they can't sustain altitude at all, unless you count grapple, but that's not innate either

I will admit that prismatic hunter is pretty good since there's a handful of aspects to greatly enhance survivability, but until hunter gets reworked, it will always be the inferior class of the 3
Mobility is useless you're fine if you go for Resilience instead
Eriana 6 Jul @ 8:25pm 

though the problem isn't titans themselves, but rather the meta having been centered around pulse rifles, hand cannons and melee since forsaken at the latest. melee especially requires no skill and has no surefire counter outside of sniper rifles, and even then, they can use thrusters and catapult lift to outmaneuver snipers. this is a first person SHOOTER. melee should have never been as dominant as it has been. melee abilities are fine as they are, but uncharged melee should be a last resort, not a primary form of damage
I'm willing to bet you haven't touched PvP yourself since Forsaken, as the meta for the past several seasons has been primarily Autos, SMGs and Snipers.
Thrusters are useless unless you're using Juggernaut, which even then it sucks, and any good sniper (Or a bad sniper with 3 targeting mods) can easily deal with a moving target can easily deal with a moving target especially one sitting in any Titan Lift.

I bounce between all the classes since the game first came out. The problem stems down to people not know how to deal with Titans and bungie making it so titans play into the gimmick of punching every problem. I mean thats basically what their class is meant to be. Common sense would be to just keep distance. Most people who complain about them more or less let the titans close the distance in that case that's a user problem not a class problem.

If you think snipers are the only counters then you are pretty limited with adapting. You have long range guns as you mentioned sniper, scouts, pulses (even some ars). Theres also shotguns and fusion rifles. Then theres baiting the titan to charge if you are say a hunter. Titan comes launching him/herself at you just dodge as they are about to hit you, their melee will miss completely leaving them wide open to be beamed (especially if you have a shotgun or fusion). Hunters can do a normal dodge, that clone dodge, hell even that jump slam the titan lock on is easy to get around. You can use stasis (cold snap nades or even wall of stasis or that DoT slow). Any type of slow counters titans punching and closing the distance. If you are running Prim you can even toss that void cloud of smoke nade AND a dusk grenade again slowing down the titans. Those are all just examples that are off the top of my head there are more ways to counter titans.

Say you are warlock you can do any kind of stasis build, a pocket nova build, strand build any of those counter titans. If you see a titan leaping in the air to slam down just jump you dodge that whole DoT burst and it leaves them wide open due to the animation. I do agree with you though meleeing shouldn't be a go to anyway but thats how bungie built the titan class. They also built the other 2 classes to be able to counter the titans it's just average person in pvp doesn't think beyond guns. I've seen so many ppl panic when they see a titan running towards them or besides them. If you let a titan get close enough to punch you thats on you, you aren't properly adapting to the situation and using the MANY tools bungie gave you to counter that playstyle.
Jorge 7 Jul @ 12:42am 
How come hunters can have 2 supers and get the most flexible prismatic set up. Warlocks are ok since they have song of flame and a decent kit to create survivability. How can hunters the class that should be glass cannons/PVP strong class out play every other class by a large margin in PVE. I'm not saying nerf their damage but just balance hunter to more of a damage class and titans be the tanks they were born to be. Warlocks are fine where they are since they have a decent kit. The worlds first race says its all
Because hunter is the best class, and cannon class. deal with it
Originally posted by The Noot Father:

It's interesting reading this after being away from the game for awhile. Hunters used to get the nonstop ♥♥♥♥ end of the stick, *especially* in PVP for *years.*

Warlocks had the instakill homing grenade meta for a long time and that ♥♥♥♥ was infuriating, and so was the instakill auto-aimed titan melee. Especially after they gave golden gun several nerfs. Hunters could still use spectral blades to get some easy cheesy kills, but every other spec and everything else in their kit was trash or mid at best in PVP. it was season after season of 'lol ♥♥♥♥ you'

The conversation was shifted to PVP for some reason... But back then even PVP looked pretty stale to what is it now. But I tell ya, Grandmasters has always been really rough for a hunter until light 3.0 came out. To get a Grandmaster run back then with hunter felt like you are a dead weight. To get that seal I had to start level up a Titan so I can use Ursa Furiosa for specifically nasty GMs back then.

I like where hunter is now for PVE and for PVP I really don't know. I always sucked at it and everything seemed op to me.
Mr Mage 7 Jul @ 3:04pm 
Originally posted by Vivi:

I'm willing to bet you haven't touched PvP yourself since Forsaken, as the meta for the past several seasons has been primarily Autos, SMGs and Snipers.
Thrusters are useless unless you're using Juggernaut, which even then it sucks, and any good sniper (Or a bad sniper with 3 targeting mods) can easily deal with a moving target can easily deal with a moving target especially one sitting in any Titan Lift.
I hope you didn't put money on that bet, because I played rift not too long ago. auto rifles, smgs and snipers may be the current meta, but pulse rifles, hand cannons and melee have always been relevant to the point of being staple aspects of pvp. thrusters can easily be used to dodge a sniper shot, and if they can't, titans can always use a barricade among many exotics to enhance them

at the end of the day, melee has always been broken and should never have been in an FPS like D2
Mr Mage 7 Jul @ 3:07pm 

I bounce between all the classes since the game first came out. The problem stems down to people not know how to deal with Titans and bungie making it so titans play into the gimmick of punching every problem. I mean thats basically what their class is meant to be. Common sense would be to just keep distance. Most people who complain about them more or less let the titans close the distance in that case that's a user problem not a class problem.

If you think snipers are the only counters then you are pretty limited with adapting. You have long range guns as you mentioned sniper, scouts, pulses (even some ars). Theres also shotguns and fusion rifles. Then theres baiting the titan to charge if you are say a hunter. Titan comes launching him/herself at you just dodge as they are about to hit you, their melee will miss completely leaving them wide open to be beamed (especially if you have a shotgun or fusion). Hunters can do a normal dodge, that clone dodge, hell even that jump slam the titan lock on is easy to get around. You can use stasis (cold snap nades or even wall of stasis or that DoT slow). Any type of slow counters titans punching and closing the distance. If you are running Prim you can even toss that void cloud of smoke nade AND a dusk grenade again slowing down the titans. Those are all just examples that are off the top of my head there are more ways to counter titans.

Say you are warlock you can do any kind of stasis build, a pocket nova build, strand build any of those counter titans. If you see a titan leaping in the air to slam down just jump you dodge that whole DoT burst and it leaves them wide open due to the animation. I do agree with you though meleeing shouldn't be a go to anyway but thats how bungie built the titan class. They also built the other 2 classes to be able to counter the titans it's just average person in pvp doesn't think beyond guns. I've seen so many ppl panic when they see a titan running towards them or besides them. If you let a titan get close enough to punch you thats on you, you aren't properly adapting to the situation and using the MANY tools bungie gave you to counter that playstyle.
tl;dr. as I said before, titans aren't the problem, melee is. and even with long range weapons considered, most pvp maps are predominantly mid and/or close range.

as I also said before, this is a first person SHOOTER. melee shouldn't be as dominant as it is, it should be a last resort
Hunters have the worst survivability....... Warlocks have x2 resto, Titans have banner of war. The only setup that gives competitive survivability for hunter is solar with chain resto x1 which while good is still worse than solar titan with sunspots and warlock with x2 resto. The prismatic melee build is good but its not as good survivability as the other classes and requires an initial melee kill to start the chain
< >
Showing 1-15 of 61 comments
Per page: 1530 50