Destiny 2

Destiny 2

View Stats:
Destiny just blackscreens my monitor and it turns off
this problem just started now and whenever i try to boot destiny i get a black screen and my monitor turns off ive tried so many things and i havent been able to fix it if anyone has had this issue and fixed it id love to know how:steamsad:
< >
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
trukr 15 Jun @ 7:18am 
Try pressing Alt + Tab once, I had that fix it for me when that happened.
Wooliest 15 Jun @ 7:42am 
well no i cant do that cause my actual monitor just turns off, ive tried it didnt work i completely lose my display input
John 15 Jun @ 7:59am 
my suggestions: Do you use a DP to HDMI cable? when yes, change to hdmi only for example. Dual displays? try with one display only, in fullscreen mode. check for video card driver updates. Disable overlays (steam, geforce, discord, whatever)
Last edited by John; 15 Jun @ 8:01am
trukr 15 Jun @ 2:14pm 
Originally posted by Wooliest:
well no i cant do that cause my actual monitor just turns off, ive tried it didnt work i completely lose my display input

I don't think the game can't turn your monitor off.
It can go into standby from no signal though.
I randomly get the same thing. Only affects the primary monitor not the secondary. My fix is to quickly unplug the power supply and plug it back in. The built in speakers start buzzing also.(I don't use them)
Wooliest 16 Jun @ 9:51am 
Originally posted by trukr:

well ya it disconnects my display port but then my monitor light goes from white to orange so
Wooliest 16 Jun @ 9:51am 
Originally posted by SaturnFiveisago:
I randomly get the same thing. Only affects the primary monitor not the secondary. My fix is to quickly unplug the power supply and plug it back in. The built in speakers start buzzing also.(I don't use them)
like legit unplug my pc power supply?
trukr 16 Jun @ 12:37pm 
Originally posted by trukr:

well ya it disconnects my display port but then my monitor light goes from white to orange so

That's not off, that just says your GPU is no longer sending a signal. Sounds like a driver crash.
Last edited by trukr; 16 Jun @ 12:38pm
Originally posted by SaturnFiveisago:
like legit unplug my pc power supply?

No, just the monitor.
I've gone through all those things and it didn't help. This happens only on D2. The rates increase when I have something else happening on the second monitor. (Youtube..). I keep the monitor power supply behind the keyboard so I can unplug and plug it back in when it happens.
redk 17 Jun @ 8:53am 
Do you have HDR turned on in Destiny and are trying to run it on a monitor that doesn't support HDR ?
Originally posted by redk:
Do you have HDR turned on in Destiny and are trying to run it on a monitor that doesn't support HDR ?

Had to check. HDR is turned off.
im having the exact same issue did you figure it out ?
Chebetha 12 Sep @ 10:47pm 
If this is still a thing for any of you, I fixed it by going into my device manager and turning off my graphics cards and then back on.
Smokey 13 Sep @ 4:45am 
When it happens try pressing this

"Windows key + CTRL + SHIFT + B" at the same time.

You will hear a beep and your screen will flash quickly. This indicates your graphics drivers have been reset.
This will restart your graphics card. Any ongoing apps or games will not be closed while using this shortcut.

Im not sure it if it helps but its worth a try.
Last edited by Smokey; 13 Sep @ 4:45am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
Per page: 1530 50