Project Zomboid

Project Zomboid

This topic has been locked
< >
Showing 1-15 of 55 comments
АлЖи 23 Nov, 2023 @ 2:59pm 
42 in 2023? 2024? 2234?
WolfRenegade 23 Nov, 2023 @ 3:18pm 
@nasko i was wondering since i saw you guys are working on whispering call outs and shouts i was thinking if there was any way to put in banging on the wall to draw out zoms in a certain house instead of shouting or whsipering because whispering is too quiet and shouting is too loud. So a small thing like banging on the wall for walkers in a certain house to be alerted enough to come to the front of the house.
xKilroyx 23 Nov, 2023 @ 3:25pm 
Good stuff guys!! I always look forward to these. Happy Thanksgiving to You and Yours!
Last edited by xKilroyx; 23 Nov, 2023 @ 3:26pm
Crisplocket1489 23 Nov, 2023 @ 3:28pm 
Man all this progress we got a 40% chance of a unstable build in dec
ßeta 23 Nov, 2023 @ 3:34pm 
Was really looking forward to this one after last week. Great read and good progress.

A suggestion: you can get iron from sand in the US South in a lot of places. Particularly by streams. You can sift out the heavy bits then refine it. Might be a possible alternative to iron nodes.

Or just make the nodes look like veins coming out of the ground which happens sometimes.

Keep up the great work!
Wyr 23 Nov, 2023 @ 3:35pm 
Great to see all the progress being made, the hair dying by itself is extremely impressive

The heys are quite nice, though I think it'd be great if Panic had an effect on them; or if combat situations made them sound louder, as the current hey sounds might be a bit quiet compared to how many zeds they draw in, in game.
R4dioS1lence 23 Nov, 2023 @ 5:02pm 
About the iron crops, I wonder if Knox had actual mines, even if small ones. Probably would be better to use the incoming work with underground levels and create procedural mines that may even be prone to expansion via digging to find more ores/coal.
Murasame 23 Nov, 2023 @ 8:23pm 
It will be in 2024
Death 23 Nov, 2023 @ 8:48pm 
Originally posted by WolfRenegade:
@nasko i was wondering since i saw you guys are working on whispering call outs and shouts i was thinking if there was any way to put in banging on the wall to draw out zoms in a certain house instead of shouting or whsipering because whispering is too quiet and shouting is too loud. So a small thing like banging on the wall for walkers in a certain house to be alerted enough to come to the front of the house.
You can hit a door with your weapon or even just push a door to make some noise and lure them out with the effect you're looking for.
mw00 23 Nov, 2023 @ 11:41pm 
Don't waste time and precious resources adding pointless fluff like door opening animations. Focus resources on delivering old promises to the people who trusted you by buying this game in early access years ago, and move towards the finish line, instead of piling up new fancy stuff. Like these animations are cool, but what's the point? And what was said about using these animations for slow door opening mechanics, again, what's the point of this in an isometric game? You'd have to rework FoV and fog of war mechanics for that entirely, and at that point you are reaching Star Citizen level of BS.
mw00 23 Nov, 2023 @ 11:44pm 
Originally posted by R4dioS1lence:
About the iron crops, I wonder if Knox had actual mines, even if small ones. Probably would be better to use the incoming work with underground levels and create procedural mines that may even be prone to expansion via digging to find more ores/coal.
running a mine is a combined effort of many many people. Adding that into the game would be too game-y. Like seriously, we would be suddenly playing Minecraft. Only realistic way for them to add iron gathering is iron bacteria. But how would a Kentucky inhabitant obtain knowledge how to gather iron bacteria? Primitive survival enthusiasts can manage to smelt iron bacteria after months of trial and error and research. average person wouldn't be able to suddenly come up with this process in their head, let alone have the knowledge of iron bacteria being in the soil. Back in the day this kind of thing was generational knowledge, with multiple generations worth of knowledge refining.
Last edited by mw00; 23 Nov, 2023 @ 11:50pm
咕咕鸡 24 Nov, 2023 @ 12:55am 
"a while".How many MONTHS do we need to wait?
DGVaniX 24 Nov, 2023 @ 1:17am 
New "One Door OpenZ" announcement
Saw that animals are coming in an update, does that mean animal farming/husbandry and PETS are finally coming??? I can finally get myself a cat and a dog? :'D
WeedArm 24 Nov, 2023 @ 1:48am 
Officially, I don't think they mentioned dogs and cats. However, this post says that it would be easy to add new animals and modders could have fun with it. So I think dogs and cats are coming anyway, even if it appears to be a mod for now.

The problem is that the whole thing is nothing more than an announcement...just like NPC's since 2012. The developers are very very slow in terms of development and until you can really expect these features, it can really take a long time.
Armagenesis 24 Nov, 2023 @ 2:43am 
Originally posted by R4dioS1lence:
A quick google search, and I found this:
https://www.uky.edu/KGS/minerals/im_oredeposits.php

Maybe with more map expansion we can actually see mines being added?
Totally not looking to base myself inside an abandoned mine or anything. No, sir. :steamhappy:

------
Also, live Spiffos are finally in the game!?
Last edited by Armagenesis; 24 Nov, 2023 @ 2:49am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 55 comments
Per page: 1530 50