RPG Maker MZ

RPG Maker MZ

Disablility/Acessability Plugins
Some stuff that I am looking for is some plugins that can allow me to add Accessibility options into the game and to also be able to add some disability options in the character generator. I don't know if those plugins already exist. I am willing to pay a fair price to have those plugins. I'm just trying to make a game and disability is one of my very overt themes. So having the options to help disabled people play the game and also give representation is pretty important to me. Thanks.
Originally posted by Tamschi:
Originally posted by hockboy99:
This is a late reply, but I published a plugin to improve controller support (so that it's possible to point and click with a controller): R-Stick Mouse MZ[tamschi.itch.io]
Effectively, this makes MZ with touch UI enabled a one-stick-one-button game.

Players can change both a speed multiplier (customisable) and deadzone (from 5% to 95%) in the Options. I also took care to avoid precision issues if a large deadzone is used.

The stick isn't remappable, but the click uses the default button mapper system.
Thanks. Can you send me a link to where I can get this plugin?
The underlined text in my post is a link. Is that not visible to you?
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
You'll likely need to commission work for any accessibility plugin and write out the requirements for the tool. This is not an easy area to address, and I can't really see how a general-purpose accessibility plugin would work well (or at all). But that doesn't mean there isn't one—but I haven't seen one.

I've seen people talk about it, but I've never seen anyone share anything they have done.

What accessibility features do you expect? Is there an ADA Level or other accessibility standard you are trying to achieve? You should sort this all out before you contact any developer.

Art is much easier. There may already be some art for the character generator that fits your needs. But again, it may be easier and more consistent to commission someone to make the parts you want.
Last edited by Moga CMDR; 27 Mar @ 3:14pm
I am aiming for the ability to allow people to re-map keybinds to make it more comfortable for them to play. And then some art stuff to add a few options for more representation. I can already do some stuff for the menus to make them more clear and distinct for the visually impaired. Color and typeface wise. The standard that I am going for is that disabled people have the options to setup the controls however they desire. And this will eventually also require controller support. So who do I go to to have those things happen, or how do I do that myself? I'm comfortable with commissioning assets [payment of both cash and credits in game.] I'm just wondering if controller support has a plugin and the ability to change keybinds in a in game menu also exists. If it doesn't then how would I begin the process of making the plugin for that myself? Thanks for the input.
Tamschi 18 May @ 12:51pm 
This is a late reply, but I published a plugin to improve controller support (so that it's possible to point and click with a controller): R-Stick Mouse MZ[tamschi.itch.io]

Players can change both a speed multiplier (customisable) and deadzone (from 5% to 95%) in the Options. I also took care to avoid precision issues if a large deadzone is used.

The stick isn't remappable, but the click uses the default button mapper system.

The author of this thread has indicated that this post answers the original topic.
Tamschi 5 Jul @ 5:34am 

Last edited by Tamschi; 5 Jul @ 5:35am
I'm just dumb and didn't see it. Thank you.
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 1530 50