HUMANKIND™

HUMANKIND™

View Stats:
A Solution for the 'New Era' Transition that Divides Opinion
This article was written with poor English skills. Please understand if there are any incorrect expressions.

I felt a different charm in this game from "Civilization" and am a satisfied user enjoying it. However, I felt one point of regret and thought of a simple solution to address it, so I would like to present my opinion.

In the game "Humankind," unlike "Civilization," you evolve through different civilizations as you progress through the ages. This aspect has divided opinions among many players.
I'd like to propose a solution to this issue.

The method is to adding a narration about the fall of the previous civilization during the transition cutscene to a new era. Taking the transition from the Mycenaean civilization to the Hunnic culture as an example, the narration could say:
"The Mycenaean civilization fell to a mysterious nomadic tribe. However, the legacy of Mycenae remains, and it will be carried forward by them."
Following this, if a narration introducing the next civilization in the same manner is presented, it creates a sense of continuity.
< >
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
Daarkarr0w  [developer] 11 Apr @ 12:55am 
Originally posted by Yooncho:
This article was written with poor English skills. Please understand if there are any incorrect expressions.

I felt a different charm in this game from "Civilization" and am a satisfied user enjoying it. However, I felt one point of regret and thought of a simple solution to address it, so I would like to present my opinion.

In the game "Humankind," unlike "Civilization," you evolve through different civilizations as you progress through the ages. This aspect has divided opinions among many players.
I'd like to propose a solution to this issue.

The method is to adding a narration about the fall of the previous civilization during the transition cutscene to a new era. Taking the transition from the Mycenaean civilization to the Hunnic culture as an example, the narration could say:
"The Mycenaean civilization fell to a mysterious nomadic tribe. However, the legacy of Mycenae remains, and it will be carried forward by them."
Following this, if a narration introducing the next civilization in the same manner is presented, it creates a sense of continuity.
When you say article you refers to this post? Got a bit confused if you were referring to an "press article".
The only inconvenient i can see on your proposals is the fact that users tend to skip any short of animation most times (perhaps not the first time).
< >
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
Per page: 1530 50