Zombies Ate My Neighbors and Ghoul Patrol

Zombies Ate My Neighbors and Ghoul Patrol

View Stats:
Tobi.byte 11 May, 2021 @ 2:59pm
SNES or MD version of Zombies Ate My Neighbors?
Which version of Zamn is it? I hope both, SNES is little bit better, but both would be nice as collection like Aladdin and Lion King. :dwduck:
Last edited by Tobi.byte; 11 May, 2021 @ 3:15pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
Ha? Hamdok 12 May, 2021 @ 4:23am 
SNES
Timedye 12 May, 2021 @ 5:13am 
I only ever played it on the SNES, it looks like the SNES version to me. Was there any major difference between the SNES and MD versions?
Tobi.byte 12 May, 2021 @ 5:30am 
Originally posted by Timedye:
I only ever played it on the SNES, it looks like the SNES version to me. Was there any major difference between the SNES and MD versions?

SNES has a "bloody" game over screen + better graphic and sprites.
[ Rizno . 雨 ] 12 May, 2021 @ 9:56am 
I only played the SNES version. Didn't know there was others!
The Dude 13 May, 2021 @ 6:24pm 
Perhaps they'll include both versions.
The Dude 13 May, 2021 @ 7:18pm 
It would be nice if they included the European versions too so that we could see the differences.
Originally posted by The Dude:
It would be nice if they included the European versions too so that we could see the differences.
Ger:
Genau und eine Deluxe Edition mit anzubieten die als Gerüst die amerekanische SNES Version nutzt. Diese dann noch im Game Over Biltschirm und im Entwikler Bonus Level unzensiert macht wehre super.
Eng:
Exactly and to offer a deluxe edition that uses the American SNES version as a framework. This then uncensored in the Game Over screen and in the developer bonus level makes defend great.
+ 2 Jun, 2021 @ 10:52pm 
There was no difference between the two versions other than music and some pixel smoothing on the SNES.

The Genesis had better game play whereas the SNES version might suffer slowdown occasionally depending on the sprites on screen.
Indigo Jinx 11 Jun, 2021 @ 9:22pm 
Originally posted by Caine:
There was no difference between the two versions other than music and some pixel smoothing on the SNES.

The Genesis had better game play whereas the SNES version might suffer slowdown occasionally depending on the sprites on screen.

UGH it's been decades, yet THIS argument hasn't died... EVERY SINGLE GAME that was on both systems was better on the SNES, the system was superior in all the ways that counted... SNES has double the colors, smaller sprites, & more pixels, WAY better sound, full motion video on some games (NBA-Jam, a few Naughty Dog games, cut scenes on others), more buttons, more peripherals to play certain games with, the ability to LAN systems together to play Doom, Mario cart, & a few other games, etc. Heck even the Xband games were better, & less laggy on Nintendo...

I worked at Gamepro during these years, I played EVERY game in every possible way, on BOTH systems (& systems You've never played, or heard of, including the Super Nintendo disc drive [named Playstation back them]), before Nintendo did to Sony what they do BEST, & alienated them, didn't keep promises, then BAM Sony made their' own system. I've seen, heard, AND participated in the which system was better argument more times then I can count, & YOU believing Genesis was better, or that ANY of their' games were, won't EVER make it true...

NOW some games were easier to see, & play on SGEN due to the lack of 2D scaling, so they just made the game in the zoomed in scale (Samurai Showdown for instance), but it was STILL in lower rez, had worse sound effects (& less of them), & a lower color pallet.

The same argument move on to Xbox (the current one is the ONLY one that doesn't totally stink when compared to Sony's) versus Playstation, or even PC versus TV system (there's a couple of Need for speed 2014 pics in My artwork that show how AWFUL Playstation pro graphics are versus a cheap gaming PC's, yet fanboys like YOU swear Playstation (, or Xbox) is better (they aren't).
Last edited by Indigo Jinx; 11 Jun, 2021 @ 9:24pm
Gore08 12 Jun, 2021 @ 3:00pm 
Both are good.
I liked that the MD version has the screen on at all times. It gets tedious in the SNES version that you have to open it and close it. It also covers some of your viewing.

Other than that, both are fun. CAN"T WAIT FOR THIS!
Garlic Jr. 14 Jun, 2021 @ 5:11am 

That's not really true. Sega version had the permanent on screen radar display. Snes version has the flame thrower that's missing in the Sega version. Maybe some other things I'm forgetting. But those are the two that stand out in my memory.
Last edited by Garlic Jr.; 14 Jun, 2021 @ 5:15am
Krakxx (KRX) 17 Jun, 2021 @ 10:20pm 
Originally posted by IndigoJinx:

UGH it's been decades, yet THIS argument hasn't died... EVERY SINGLE GAME that was on both systems was better on the SNES, the system was superior in all the ways that counted... SNES has double the colors, smaller sprites, & more pixels, WAY better sound, full motion video on some games (NBA-Jam, a few Naughty Dog games, cut scenes on others), more buttons, more peripherals to play certain games with, the ability to LAN systems together to play Doom, Mario cart, & a few other games, etc. Heck even the Xband games were better, & less laggy on Nintendo...

I worked at Gamepro during these years, I played EVERY game in every possible way, on BOTH systems (& systems You've never played, or heard of, including the Super Nintendo disc drive [named Playstation back them]), before Nintendo did to Sony what they do BEST, & alienated them, didn't keep promises, then BAM Sony made their' own system. I've seen, heard, AND participated in the which system was better argument more times then I can count, & YOU believing Genesis was better, or that ANY of their' games were, won't EVER make it true...

NOW some games were easier to see, & play on SGEN due to the lack of 2D scaling, so they just made the game in the zoomed in scale (Samurai Showdown for instance), but it was STILL in lower rez, had worse sound effects (& less of them), & a lower color pallet.

The same argument move on to Xbox (the current one is the ONLY one that doesn't totally stink when compared to Sony's) versus Playstation, or even PC versus TV system (there's a couple of Need for speed 2014 pics in My artwork that show how AWFUL Playstation pro graphics are versus a cheap gaming PC's, yet fanboys like YOU swear Playstation (, or Xbox) is better (they aren't).
lol you tell about fanboys and you drop this long and boring text, you are a champion
SkullTrauma 21 Jun, 2021 @ 5:30pm 
EVERY SINGLE GAME that was on both systems was better on the SNES

Mortal Kombat 1 says hi.
Gordikk 23 Jun, 2021 @ 1:12pm 
Originally posted by SkullTrauma:
EVERY SINGLE GAME that was on both systems was better on the SNES

Mortal Kombat 1 says hi.
Preach it! But I think that's the only example. I may love my genesis Sunset Riders more but I'm probably objectively wrong.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
Per page: 1530 50