Hades
Different game speed on different pcs
I was watching my friend playing Hades over stream and it was quite noticeable that he has a higher speed of the game itself, i mean mobs, attacks and all. No hell mode, all usual. I tried searching but "speed" request gives a handful of speedrun results.
What could be going wrong?
Last edited by David Orson_RU; 14 Aug, 2021 @ 4:16am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 24 comments
Bobywan 14 Aug, 2021 @ 4:47am 
Did your friend had heat levels ?
David Orson_RU 14 Aug, 2021 @ 5:48am 
Originally posted by Bobywan:
Did your friend had heat levels ?
nope, fresh start of the game
Psyringe 14 Aug, 2021 @ 5:58am 
If you compare the game speeds of you and your friend to Youtube videos or Twitch streams, does it look like your game is unusually slow, or is your friend's game unusually fast?

If it's the former, could you provide your hardware specs?
Last edited by Psyringe; 14 Aug, 2021 @ 5:59am
David Orson_RU 14 Aug, 2021 @ 7:14am 
Damn, it became kinda hard to decipher. I have a PC more then capable of handling this so i highly doubt they are the problem. I'm watching streams and it feels like it's still his game that is overly fast.
Last edited by David Orson_RU; 14 Aug, 2021 @ 7:16am
TheSwanDragon 14 Aug, 2021 @ 3:43pm 
Heyo—could you ask your friend to try making sure vsync is enabled, and see if that makes a difference? In addition, could you share a video here, of both your gameplay and your friend's?
Haradux 15 Aug, 2021 @ 4:11pm 
Maybe the Fps ?
gahal 15 Aug, 2021 @ 4:42pm 
Originally posted by TheSwanDragon:
Heyo—could you ask your friend to try making sure vsync is enabled, and see if that makes a difference? In addition, could you share a video here, of both your gameplay and your friend's?
So play speed could vary depending on excess fps? Like how quake 1-3 for some reason used famerate in jump and gravity physics.
TheSwanDragon 15 Aug, 2021 @ 4:58pm 
Originally posted by gahal:
So play speed could vary depending on excess fps? Like how quake 1-3 for some reason used famerate in jump and gravity physics.

In most cases, no. However some setups have shown slight differences in certain parts of the game, which is why I'd like video showing the gameplay.
gahal 15 Aug, 2021 @ 5:10pm 
In most cases, no. However some setups have shown slight differences in certain parts of the game, which is why I'd like video showing the gameplay.
To add onto your request for gameplay, What API are you using, DX11 64/32 bit or vulkan. I'm asking on (on the unofficial behalf of TheSwanDragon, since that may be relevant).

Also post specs for both machines.
Last edited by gahal; 16 Aug, 2021 @ 10:46am
David Orson_RU 16 Aug, 2021 @ 2:01am 
I don't know his specs, but i know that he has 75 hz monitor and I have 60 hz, we both have vsync on. I'll ask him then post both specs
QLIQ 16 Aug, 2021 @ 10:04am 
So running the game at 600fps makes it harder? I was sure it wasn´t me!
gahal 16 Aug, 2021 @ 11:01am 
Is there some kind of demo we could run to test the theory?
At the moment I have a 4K @ 60Hz screen, and a 2k @ 144Hz connected to the same machine. I'd love some way to measure just even movement speed.

All i can come up with ATM is to run back and forth in hades, like sprints back and forth down the west hallway. However a lot of data from that experiment would be subject to to chance of hitting the door and then turning back at different timings (like pro swimmers), or starting & stopping the clock. Overall this tactic would need to have the differences in speed needs to be about 20+% for this tactic to get realistic readings due to the manual timings involved.
Last edited by gahal; 16 Aug, 2021 @ 11:04am
TheSwanDragon 16 Aug, 2021 @ 12:40pm 
At the moment I have a 4K @ 60Hz screen, and a 2k @ 144Hz connected to the same machine. I'd love some way to measure just even movement speed.

All i can come up with ATM is to run back and forth in hades, like sprints back and forth down the west hallway. However a lot of data from that experiment would be subject to to chance of hitting the door and then turning back at different timings (like pro swimmers), or starting & stopping the clock. Overall this tactic would need to have the differences in speed needs to be about 20+% for this tactic to get realistic readings due to the manual timings involved.

The MegaGogon fight should be a good way to test it.
gahal 16 Aug, 2021 @ 1:32pm 

Please keep in mind that on the internet, humor is not always obvious. There are people who would say what you said without it being a joke.

:P
TheSwanDragon 16 Aug, 2021 @ 2:01pm 

Please keep in mind that on the internet, humor is not always obvious. There are people who would say what you said without it being a joke.

:P
I wasn't actually joking :3 😁

That fight has been documented to have a noticeable difference on specific high-refresh rate display setups without vsync enabled.

That being said, it shouldn't be affecting the entire game.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 24 comments
Per page: 1530 50