Buccaneers!

Buccaneers!

View Stats:
Friendly AI ships not capturing enemy ships in a timely manner?
I have gotten to the point where I can incapacitate many ships close to the beginning of the battle. I have three other ships that are slower but they have more men as I am using a light sloop without many people.

I need them to capture ships that have seventy two enemy AI but my ships will just circle around all the ships staying out of the range of fire most of the time. If I wait they might try to capture it but it could take anywhere from 30 seconds to 10 minutes. If I initiate the boarding myself on my small ship I often don't get help from the other ships.

I would like to keep using a small and light ship as it's more fun. It's coming to the point of having to use a large ship just to have enough people to capture the enemy vessel. Does anyone know how to give an order to one of my ships to directly capture another? ( I do have the capture setting on.)
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
I have had the same problem but it's worse. The AI ships in my fleet will not board at all they do is just circle while getting shot and will not help me take the ship at all. I'm now stuck trying to take a 72 crew enemy ship and even with grape shot to reduce the enemy crew by half my small ship always loses.
I think they'll only close in to capture if they could win on their own.

Or it could be a bug. :/
Idk if you guys have tried but what about the capture button in orders. It always comes handy for me when double boarding 2 deckers with like heavy/light frigates such and such.
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 1530 50