Sea of Thieves

Sea of Thieves

View Stats:
Treasure maps near impossible
Commence crying.
Happened two times this morning. I am digging on an island and some clown comes along, shoots my boat to pieces and leaves.
Tips? Doubt there are any.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 33 comments
keep an eye on the horizon and watch for any ship approaching
Originally posted by Kentucky Sperkle ♿:
keep an eye on the horizon and watch for any ship approaching
Thank you for tip. I try, I even try to hide my ship. But when you deep in the jungle, it gets harder to check the horizon.
yea, if you're solo you'd have to check more often
Last edited by [K]entucky Sperkle ♿; 6 Jul @ 3:55am
It's always harder when solo, but Sperkle is right - keeping an eye on the horizon and regularly returning to check on the ship are the only real things you can do to prevent other players form taking you by surprise.

On the bright side, you're not alone. Some people have 1000 hours in the game and still seem to play it with their eyes shut.
Another tip, don't play alone, or learn how to defend, or conform your actions in game to your skills. I'm not good in fight, nor i have will to get better as my nature don't crave senseless violence, so all i doing in game when i'm alone is something light, where i don't get much busy out of ship's reach. Having all ship's lights off is another small measure which can help.
Indeed. Turning your lights off helps, and I would also recommend burying your treasure if you see a ship approaching. You'll get a map to it and you'll know where the treasure is, but the other pirates won't. You can sail away or let them sink you, and then wait a while for them to leave. Then, you can sail back to the island and claim your loot.
For example, my mates and I were doing a skeleton fort, and we had just beat the boss and unlocked the stronghold vault. A Reaper V brigantine showed up at that moment, so my crewmates sailed away and battled the ship to give me time to bury all the loot. I did so, and then we allowed our ship to sink. I chilled on the island until my crew returned, and we were able to dig up all the loot and sell it for a tidy profit.
Hope this helps! Good luck on the high seas.
Originally posted by Panpan2019:
and I would also recommend burying your treasure if you see a ship approaching. You'll get a map to it and you'll know where the treasure is, but the other pirates won't. You can sail away or let them sink you, and then wait a while for them to leave. Then, you can sail back to the island and claim your loot.
Bad advice. When you get sunk your map will be stolen and the crew who sank you will know where your stuff is.
Last edited by Sir Fail-A-Lot; 6 Jul @ 11:39am
Originally posted by Sir Fail-A-Lot:
Originally posted by Panpan2019:
and I would also recommend burying your treasure if you see a ship approaching. You'll get a map to it and you'll know where the treasure is, but the other pirates won't. You can sail away or let them sink you, and then wait a while for them to leave. Then, you can sail back to the island and claim your loot.
Bad advice. When you get sunk your map will be stolen and the crew who sank you will know where your stuff is.
Oh, shoot, I didn't know that. Thanks for pointing it out!
play a different game.

griefers are like, 90% of this game's playerbase, you just gotta accept that they happen or give up like most pve players did.
Originally posted by rad_knight:
play a different game.

griefers are like, 90% of this game's playerbase, you just gotta accept that they happen or give up like most pve players did.
Nope. It depends on who enter server where you are on, but most up to 50% people you run into would attack you, at least according of my experience. Sometimes even reavers leave you be.
Shana 6 Jul @ 5:17pm 
safer seas
Originally posted by Virgin Wizard:
Commence crying.
Happened two times this morning. I am digging on an island and some clown comes along, shoots my boat to pieces and leaves.
Tips? Doubt there are any.
We have the same hours played. At the beginning, I had 2-3 times that someone ♥♥♥♥♥♥ me. But then, idk i just started being more aware, i was on the outskirts of the maps, far from big events, etc etc. Didnt run into a single soul, finished my little heists.
So, try the outskirts, but dont tell anyone I told you.
Thanks all. I dont mind pvp. I know this is the game for me. Was just frustrated that theres no defense for your ship when solo and searching the island.
cl656 8 Jul @ 9:23am 
Volcano area is the place you want to be for treasure chest hunting. The abundance of volcanoes, earth quakes, and geysers, annoy most people enough they stay out of the area. Also Ashen chests have much higher value than the base form of that type of chest.

Just watch out for falling fireballs.
Last edited by cl656; 8 Jul @ 9:26am
Abyssian 8 Jul @ 10:48am 
Originally posted by cl656:
Volcano area is the place you want to be for treasure chest hunting. The abundance of volcanoes, earth quakes, and geysers, annoy most people enough they stay out of the area. Also Ashen chests have much higher value than the base form of that type of chest.

Just watch out for falling fireballs.
Yes but sometimes volcanoes are more annoying than the players. I even experienced volcano attack and storm, that was something. Spent 10 minutes only to repair the ship and throw out water while anchored.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 33 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 6 Jul @ 1:49am