FINAL FANTASY IV

FINAL FANTASY IV

View Stats:
This game is currently more expensive than the 3D version
So? I can't hel but noticed that on current sale this game is like 6x times more expensive than the 3D version.

Question is: is there any reason I shoudl favor this over the 3D version?
< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
spy 18 Mar @ 3:20pm 
Collectible value. If you admire it, it should be in your steam library.

Remastered soundtracks. You can play it with any old ROM, but the music is amazing in this version.

Graphics. Better than old ROMs.

Convenience. There are features such as modernized UI, auto-battle options and escape from battle.

You can play After Years in 3D. This game does not contain After Years. Sold as separate game.

The collection was only discounted once and that was at 30 percent. If you want to buy it, it's not worth the wait.
Last edited by spy; 18 Mar @ 3:23pm
This game is more true to the spirit of the original game. The 3d version is different. Look into what each game offers and decide, it is not for everyone.
I would definitely recommend the 3D version over this. It isn't bad to own both, though. This version is for a more casual play and has enhanced music. The 3D remake is more challenging, has voice acting and a bit more backstory for the antagonist.
asapa 5 Apr @ 12:36am 
3d version is trash. If you want very bad voice acting and very bad graphics, that stray from the original game, then sure, have fun playing in pile of trash.
asapa 5 Apr @ 12:37am 
Originally posted by Is that a shard you've found?:

The collection was only discounted once and that was at 30 percent. If you want to buy it, it's not worth the wait.

Wrong, it's been discounted several times and 30% was not the lowest.
Originally posted by asapa:
Originally posted by Is that a shard you've found?:

Wrong, it's been discounted several times and 30% was not the lowest.

Really? do you not know what SteamDB is? The discount of the Pixel Remastered games and bundle have only been discounted one time and this is it. Learn to check facts before spitting false crap out your mouth.
Lockhart 30 Jul @ 3:00pm 
Originally posted by SoulSin:
So? I can't hel but noticed that on current sale this game is like 6x times more expensive than the 3D version.

There's no reason, besides the remastered soundtrack (the music in this PR version is AWESOME) and a collection of artworks.

The 3D version have more content, difficulty options and two secret bosses.
Originally posted by Lockhart:
Originally posted by SoulSin:

There's no reason, besides the remastered soundtrack (the music in this PR version is AWESOME) and a collection of artworks.

You: "there's no reason to buy this game"
Also you: "but here's two reasons to buy this game"

lolwut?
Last edited by Dimlhugion; 1 Aug @ 5:59pm
Originally posted by Dimlhugion:

lolwut?

There are two reasons to buy this game, but there's no reason to buy this game instead of the 3D remake. That's what I meant.

Please don't act like a shirtless person.
Last edited by Lockhart; 1 Aug @ 6:08pm

lolwut?

There are two reasons to buy this game, but there's no reason to buy this game instead of the 3D remake. That's what I meant.

There are plenty of reasons, and you listed two of them within your original post. You personally might like the 3D game better, which is fine if you do. However, that begs the question of why you even bothered a half-hearted attempt at this version's defense.
LOL 26 Aug @ 11:10am 

There are plenty of reasons, and you listed two of them within your original post. You personally might like the 3D game better, which is fine if you do. However, that begs the question of why you even bothered a half-hearted attempt at this version's defense.
You should put a shirt on before engaging in such a debate
Originally posted by LOL:

You should put a shirt on before engaging in such a debate

I lost it roughly 25 days ago when this topic was still relevant. Can I borrow yours?
birolay 6 Sep @ 6:45am 
As someone who has zero interest in anime, i find the chibi artstyle of the FF 3D remakes absolutely despicable. Looks like something my 6yo daughter would appreciate.

I have 'em in my library solely for collectible value, but in my eyes the Pixel Remastered versions are astronomically superior.
< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
Per page: 1530 50