BioGun
xbox controller not working
anyone having similar issue?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
Same, the right trigger is not working, it's mapped on the start button for some reason. And on the right analog stick the vertical axis is not working and the horizontal axis is mapped on the vertical axis.
Dapper Dog  [developer] 1 Aug @ 5:31am 
Originally posted by wolframius:
Same, the right trigger is not working, it's mapped on the start button for some reason. And on the right analog stick the vertical axis is not working and the horizontal axis is mapped on the vertical axis.
If you have trigger locks be sure to adjust them so that the trigger can fully be pressed. Everything else youve mentioned is flying over my head. I don't think im understanding it as that is not how its set up in the game.
BLÀde 1 Aug @ 6:40am 
mine wouldn't even work no buttons worked no analogs nothing it's like it wasn't even detecting it. refunded already.
ORDOS 1 Aug @ 2:13pm 
i have a problem with both xbox and dualsense controllers - up arrow should open pills menu - it doesnt work at all, pills menu open with right arrow simultaniously with overdrive mode (and also triggers one selected pill also). Pls help!
Dapper Dog  [developer] 1 Aug @ 4:19pm 
For 1.0 tablets were changed to Right Dpad. Overdrive is now Left Stick click. tapping Right Dpad will consume a preselected tablet. Its to allow you to eat one quickly in the middle of a hectic boss fight.

Overdrive should no longer work with Right Dpad. Let me know otherwise. :)
retroguy 2 Aug @ 12:23am 
Originally posted by BLÀde:
mine wouldn't even work no buttons worked no analogs nothing it's like it wasn't even detecting it. refunded already.
me too
Tonindo 2 Aug @ 2:47am 
I'm having issues too. I got it to work with a Switch Pro controller and my 8-Bitdo Pro 2 yesterday after messing with Steam Input for a while, but for some reason nothing works today. I really want to play it, but I might have to refund it.
started recognizing controller but now the aim stick isnt working. may refund soon
PacoLsr 2 Aug @ 4:58pm 
My controller isn't working, wireless or wired. I've uninstalled/reinstalled BioGun with no luck. I've disabled/enabled Steam overlay. I've disabled/enabled Steam input. I can't play without a controller.

In addition to the controller not working, the software is having some issues loading and closing.

I'm hoping to be able to play this, but might have to ask for a refund if I can't get the controller working.

Windows 11
8bitdo Ultimate 2.4G
Dapper Dog  [developer] 2 Aug @ 11:28pm 
Originally posted by PacoLsr:
My controller isn't working, wireless or wired. I've uninstalled/reinstalled BioGun with no luck. I've disabled/enabled Steam overlay. I've disabled/enabled Steam input. I can't play without a controller.

In addition to the controller not working, the software is having some issues loading and closing.

I'm hoping to be able to play this, but might have to ask for a refund if I can't get the controller working.

Windows 11
8bitdo Ultimate 2.4G
Next update is introducting a controller notification that could give us more clues as to what may be going on. A theory I have is that since the game only works with player 1 what could be going on is that the game is detecting multiple controller and if thats the case then technically when you plug your gamepad in it may read it as a Player 1 but maybe Player 2 as an example. The games code only works with player one. Cross your fingers! Next update is coming within a few hours.
Last edited by Dapper Dog; 2 Aug @ 11:38pm
teajay 2 Aug @ 11:40pm 
I also had issues with game not recognizing my controller (DS4).
Dapper Dog  [developer] 2 Aug @ 11:41pm 
Originally posted by teajay:
I also had issues with game not recognizing my controller (DS4).
not sure if you read my message just above yours but I really would love to figure out why its working for some people with the same controllers and not others. Hoping the Gamepad notification system can help us resolve this. Coming in next update. <3
Last edited by Dapper Dog; 3 Aug @ 6:09am
Dapper Dog  [developer] 3 Aug @ 5:29pm 
Hey guys! Check out the new discussion regarding the Gamepad notification system. Hoping this will help you all with getting your gamepad to work in the mean time!
PacoLsr 3 Aug @ 6:10pm 
Originally posted by Dapper Dog:

Windows 11
8bitdo Ultimate 2.4G
Next update is introducting a controller notification that could give us more clues as to what may be going on. A theory I have is that since the game only works with player 1 what could be going on is that the game is detecting multiple controller and if thats the case then technically when you plug your gamepad in it may read it as a Player 1 but maybe Player 2 as an example. The games code only works with player one. Cross your fingers! Next update is coming within a few hours.

The update didn't fix my issue, but it helped me to identify and fix the issue.

When I would turn on my wireless controller, or plug in my wired controller it would say Controller 2 detected. When I would turn-off/unplug my controller, it would say Controller 1 detected. Connected to my computer, I have a mouse, a Razer Tartarus V2, and my 8 Bitdo Ultimate Controller.

I noticed in the Steam > Settings > Contoller settings, it listed two controllers; an Xbox controller and my Tartarus V2. So, I decided to turn-off/unplug my controller and unplug the Tartarus V2. When I turned-on/plugged in my controller, it said Controller 1 detected...and I was able to use the joystick in the game. When I plugged the Tartarus V2 back in, it stated Controller 2 detected.

I hope this info helps others that might be experiencing the same issue.
Dapper Dog  [developer] 3 Aug @ 6:25pm 
Originally posted by Dapper Dog:

The update didn't fix my issue, but it helped me to identify and fix the issue.

When I would turn on my wireless controller, or plug in my wired controller it would say Controller 2 detected. When I would turn-off/unplug my controller, it would say Controller 1 detected. Connected to my computer, I have a mouse, a Razer Tartarus V2, and my 8 Bitdo Ultimate Controller.

I noticed in the Steam > Settings > Contoller settings, it listed two controllers; an Xbox controller and my Tartarus V2. So, I decided to turn-off/unplug my controller and unplug the Tartarus V2. When I turned-on/plugged in my controller, it said Controller 1 detected...and I was able to use the joystick in the game. When I plugged the Tartarus V2 back in, it stated Controller 2 detected.

I hope this info helps others that might be experiencing the same issue.
PERFECT! This is exactly what I was hoping for. This wasn't a fix for the issue but It was set up to help identify what may be happening. I am currently working on a way to brute force whatever last gamepad thats plugged in to become the the one that gets used.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
Per page: 1530 50