Need for Speed™ Heat

Need for Speed™ Heat

View Stats:
vongdong 12 Jun, 2020 @ 12:35am
Cops too damn annoying
I've been busted at least 10 times now, only at level 15. I get into 3 races at most before I get worried and have to end the night because level 2 is already a pain in the neck with the charger cop cars. Losing all the rep and even a percentage of earnings is extremely annoying.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 43 comments
CursedPanther 12 Jun, 2020 @ 12:46am 
Remember there is no safety net during night roaming and you will only reach a higher wanted level by sticking around longer. Once you've pushed your current car to the limit you won't be able to handle the next level of cop cars. Return to a garage ASAP so you don't lose your accumulated progress.

Rule of thumb, don't bother with level 3+ cops until you have a 300 rating car at least. By the time you have a 400+ rating car, you can even outrun level 5 cops quite easily.
Lazarus 12 Jun, 2020 @ 12:58am 
Defund the Police in NFS heat.

Honestly, I'm glad Ghost is gone. Much of this game feels like they were forced to make something they didn't enjoy making.
vongdong 12 Jun, 2020 @ 2:10am 
Originally posted by CursedPanther:
Remember there is no safety net during night roaming and you will only reach a higher wanted level by sticking around longer. Once you've pushed your current car to the limit you won't be able to handle the next level of cop cars. Return to a garage ASAP so you don't lose your accumulated progress.

Rule of thumb, don't bother with level 3+ cops until you have a 300 rating car at least. By the time you have a 400+ rating car, you can even outrun level 5 cops quite easily.

I had an rx7 at around 230 and the chargers are a real damn hassle to deal with. Last time I was busted it was during a race, a charger crashed into me causing me to run into a wall then 3 of them blocked me in and busted me. I've had it with this game.
CursedPanther 12 Jun, 2020 @ 2:14am 
Originally posted by vongdong:
I've had it with this game.
Up to you really.

Like I've said earlier, by the time you've got a 400+ car even the police choppers won't be an issue anymore and you'd be complaining about the game being too easy by then.
HachiRiko 12 Jun, 2020 @ 2:15am 
Originally posted by CursedPanther:

I had an rx7 at around 230 and the chargers are a real damn hassle to deal with. Last time I was busted it was during a race, a charger crashed into me causing me to run into a wall then 3 of them blocked me in and busted me. I've had it with this game.
hilarious
Cusco 12 Jun, 2020 @ 2:49am 
Yea you kinda need to have escape plans. it's not impossible but prioritizing 3 things can help you at lower levels, running downhill, jumps (Anywhere, driving off cliffs works wonders), and the edgewood carpark roof.

Apart from that, at higher heat levels you kinda just want to blow past and keep your engagements as short as possible and run off before they can call in reinforcements.
Mancubus 12 Jun, 2020 @ 2:54am 
I've been busted at least 10 times now, only at level 15. I get into 3 races at most before I get worried and have to end the night because level 2 is already a pain in the neck with the charger cop cars. Losing all the rep and even a percentage of earnings is extremely annoying.
...and this is the reason we need old NFS series remastered on the table guys...best cop chasing race was in NFSMW 2005 and NFSC , you were feeling all that tension and adrenaline..
The Overlander 12 Jun, 2020 @ 10:39am 
use jumps and ocasionally throw yourself into the sea at high speed trust me it works
JackHanma22 12 Jun, 2020 @ 11:23am 
Git Gud
pablaz. 12 Jun, 2020 @ 12:54pm 
lol, I faking yoink level 4 cops with 267lvl car.
VoidSixx 12 Jun, 2020 @ 1:31pm 
Work on your escape strategy. Do laps around the shipping yard, hitting a bunch of jumps. The police will all crash and you can speed off. Avoid straight lines, use twisty routes to break line of sight. I've managed to escape lvl 3 police in a lvl 200 R32 GT-R, so it's doable. I haven't tried lvl 4 yet. I play on hard if that makes a difference.
Winpest 13 Jun, 2020 @ 3:14am 
how the F**** we get rid of the cops here??... jesus...
Astasia 13 Jun, 2020 @ 6:25am 
That was answered several times in the thread. Don't go above the heat limit of your car, and/or go hit a jump. Cop cars crash comically the moment they touch any sort of jump, it's 100% of the time as far as I can tell. There are a few places on the map where a jump is the only way across a gap, passing over one of them will instantly end a chase and get you a bunch of bonus points, unless maybe you have helicopters on you. If I'm going for heat level 3-4 I make sure the last race I do ends near the coast on the south east side, there's that double bridge with the lower lane under construction and multiple jumps over the water, total safety zone leading up to a safe house on the northern side of it.
Zepondrax 14 Jun, 2020 @ 12:38am 
yeah level 2, for me as i just started the game, i am already chased by 2-3 police cars!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 43 comments
Per page: 1530 50