Need for Speed™ Heat

Need for Speed™ Heat

View Stats:
Game keeps stuttering/massive fps drop
I’ve upgraded my pc and wanted to play nfs heat but im experiencing issues with the game stuttering

When the game isn’t stuttering I’m getting 100+ fps just randomly starts lagging for a bit

Anyone else experience this issue? I’ve done basic research game still ain’t running the best

I’m on a fresh install of windows and it’s the only game I’ve experienced this issue with so far.

My pc specs
2080ti
I7 13700k
32gb ram
WD850nx m.2
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
zerex 15 Jul @ 11:22am 
Its just how the game is unfortunately. I have no idea why the CPU usage is high even if I'm just not moving. The CPU threads are being pushed for absolutely no reason.
I had a similar issue, in the end I set my graphics to Auto and capped the framerate. After a while in-game, it seems to have calmed down for me and doesn't eat as much CPU (before it was just sitting at 100%). I don't know why at the start of running the game it was so choppy, maybe it does caching on the fly or something. Seems to just be how it do.
eras 19 Jul @ 6:17am 
there is a fix for all these. i just tweaked it(found in other thread). you need a user.cfg text file in your NFSHeat folder and set these lines
Thread.ProcessorCount 8 (Here you put your CPU cores)
Thread.MaxProcessorCount 8 (Here you put your CPU cores)
Thread.MinFreeProcessorCount 0 (you let it as is)
Thread.JobThreadPriority 0 (same)
GstRender.Thread.MaxProcessorCount 16 (Here you put your CPU threads

(Things inside () you don't type it, just for refference)
. Other than that for CPU put Borderless, another thing is to make in properties>compatibility> change for all users, compatible with windows 7, Disable fullscreen optimizations and on Change DPI settings you just tick the "Override High DPi... from Application"
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 1530 50