STAR WARS™: Squadrons

STAR WARS™: Squadrons

View Stats:
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Dangercato 4 Oct, 2020 @ 11:11am
Opinions, Politics & Threads: A Forum Guidelines Reminder
Stay on topic, stay on topic.

The Star Wars fandom is massive, diverse, and passionate. Everybody has a unique opinion, and lots of those people want to voice theirs.

While we do encourage discussions, we would also like to remind you all that this is a video game. And as such, any threads not directly relating to Star Wars: Squadrons will be deleted and users will be punished for breaking this rule on a case-by-case basis.

To give you an idea of what topics are not okay:
  • Race/gender/real-world politics debates/discussions
  • Bait threads
  • Cheating
  • Piracy
  • Attacks on individual players, forum users, developers, and moderators
  • Flaming
  • Low effort content

Additionally, threads must be relevant to Star Wars: Squadrons.

If you see a thread breaking the rules, please notify the Mod Team using Steam's built-in reporting system.

Thank you to the vast majority of users for sticking to these guidelines - your threads make these forums a fun, informative resource for everyone.

Fly safe, Pilots.

~ The Star Wars: Squadrons Steam Mod Team
< >
Showing 1-15 of 24 comments
Librodeus 4 Oct, 2020 @ 11:18am 
Finally. Hopefully this actually gets enforced. Thanks!
DmAnd 4 Oct, 2020 @ 11:38am 
In other words. BE SILENCE! It's not a problem if no one is allowed to talk about it anywhere.

I get it tho, this is just a video game.
CosmicXSolitude 4 Oct, 2020 @ 11:49am 
thank you. getting really tired of the political and race/gender threads. would rather see threads about actual issues/bugs
Originally posted by Captain-Obvious:
In other words. BE SILENCE! It's not a problem if no one is allowed to talk about it anywhere.

I think you meant to write ' be best ' .
Blake 4 Oct, 2020 @ 1:13pm 
7 posts in and this thread heads in the direction the thread is intended to avoid. The irony
Spaceman 4 Oct, 2020 @ 2:01pm 
Originally posted by Captain-Obvious:

You can talk about your political and racial opinions somewhere that political and racial opinions are relevant. This is a forum for a Star Wars game about flying starfighters. The topic of discussion here is Star Wars starfighters and anything related to actual gameplay. Such as the complete lack of B-wings which, in the post-Endor galaxy, should be far more prevalent than ♥♥♥♥♥♥ old Republic-era Y-wings.
Spaceman 4 Oct, 2020 @ 2:11pm 
Originally posted by Spanish_Ronin:
First you include the Race/Gender/Real-world politics in your game.

Ever since this all began, way back in 2012, people asking for more representation in visual and artistic media in general were always right: there hasn't been enough. The only problem was the antagonistic methods they went about getting their own way, which wound up mostly just annoying people by accusing them of various -isms where there were none in the first place. If you have a problem with a few people of different races and genders in the game, then why don't you have a problem with the aliens as well? At the end of the day, the game is about flying starfighters. All the character stuff is fluff, a footnote. It's not going to have any effect of any kind on your personal experience flying starfighters.

Additionally, there are no real world politics in this game. There is Star Wars politics. If you're so desperate for subtext, that's on you.
Spaceman 4 Oct, 2020 @ 2:20pm 
Originally posted by SgtScum:
Originally posted by Spaceman:
Such as the complete lack of B-wings which, in the post-Endor galaxy, should be far more prevalent than ♥♥♥♥♥♥ old Republic-era Y-wings.

Expect all the things people are wanting in Squadrons to come out in Squadrons 2 next year about this time. It's the new EA method for developing games.

We'll see. I haven't spent money on an EA game in almost a decade, this is the first. And overall, I'm not disappointed in my purchase, but it could have been a lot better. One of the biggest things that made me not want to buy it initially was the lack of available flyable craft. Eight, total, but most importantly, no B-wing, which back in the '90s, was always my ship. If there is another game, it's going to need to have a much larger, more comprehensive single-player campaign AT LEAST on par with Alliance, and definitely more ships. I literally won't settle for less than 24. There are plenty of different fighters in the Star Wars universe to choose from used by a variety of factions, including but not limited to: B-wings, Z-95 Headhunters, Nubian N-1s (Naboo Starfighter), E-wing, TIE Defender & Avenger, Delta-7 Aethersprite, Cloakshapes, Toscan 8-Q, Preybird, T-wings, and R-41 Starchasers. I wouldn't even be disappointed if they created something new - that TIE Reaper is a nice fit for the Empire and it's fun to use.

ExplosiveTooka 4 Oct, 2020 @ 2:27pm 
Are we allowed to talk about how happy we are that the devs included a non-binary character in the campaign? Or is representation considered politics?
Dangercato 4 Oct, 2020 @ 2:36pm 
Originally posted by ExplosiveTooka:
Are we allowed to talk about how happy we are that the devs included a non-binary character in the campaign? Or is representation considered politics?
We have no issue with users who wish to celebrate representation for underrepresented groups.
StDragon 4 Oct, 2020 @ 2:38pm 
Originally posted by ExplosiveTooka:

From my own experience. If you don't want your message to dissapear, better don't talk about anything but the gameplay and bugs.
KuriKona 4 Oct, 2020 @ 3:55pm 
Originally posted by Spaceman:
Such as the complete lack of B-wings which, in the post-Endor galaxy, should be far more prevalent than ♥♥♥♥♥♥ old Republic-era Y-wings.

Expect all the things people are wanting in Squadrons to come out in Squadrons 2 next year about this time. It's the new EA method for developing games.
By following that logic, where is Fallen Order 2? Nearly a year since release.
Delta_Assault 4 Oct, 2020 @ 3:56pm 
Originally posted by HOPE1134:

By following that logic, where is Fallen Order 2? Nearly a year since release.

Respawn is probably busy working on Apex Legends content.
dannyj147 4 Oct, 2020 @ 3:59pm 
Originally posted by Delta_Assault:
Don't put politics in your games if you don't want people to talk politics.
But Star Wars stories always have some politics in them. Heck Clone Wars was hugely political.
Can we talk about in universe politics? Like how the principles of democracy and equality as espoused in Mon Mothmas's "Declaration of Rebellion" are clearly a better way to run a society than the fascism of the Tarkin Doctrine?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 24 comments
Per page: 1530 50