Isles of Sea and Sky

Isles of Sea and Sky

View Stats:
Thoughts on the dragonfly puzzle.
I just got stuck on the dragonfly puzzle, like a few other folks , and I'm glad I looked for help, because I never would have come up with the solution. No doubt the puzzle is fair. The information to solve it is available. But because the grid where one places the dragonfly blocks is presented as a static thing, I gave it a static solutions. I tried positioning the blocks all over the place, based on the dragonflies' positions. And when it occurred to me that the solution might have something to do with the dragonflies' paths, I discarded the idea as paranoid, because the grid didn't react to or represent paths. In short, nothing about the place for the solution indicated to me that it was sensitive to anything dynamic.

So I'll say it would have been nice if there had been any indication otherwise. It wouldn't take much. Even something as simple as the act of pushing a block over a tile in the grid wiping it away would have indicated that my actions on the grid could mean something to the game. Maybe that would have been too easy, and perhaps what I discarded as a paranoid solution is appropriate to the difficulty of the rest of the game (I don't know at this point). But I'd rather have gotten a hint from the game.
Last edited by Ovidian; 12 Jun @ 6:40pm
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Hatless 12 Aug @ 6:10pm 
The four steps of the dragonfly puzzle:
  • I don't know what this is.
  • I'm dumb, I just need to mark where the dragonflies live.
  • I'm dumb, I just need to mark where you catch the dragonflies.
  • Look up the solution.
Last edited by Hatless; 12 Aug @ 6:12pm
I was able to solve that one without looking it up. I basically did the same thing you did, but after the static positions didn't work, I tried the pathing.

The answer to the statue puzzle in the fire area is more aggravating if you ask me.
Zelakon 17 Aug @ 6:09am 
I've encountered misleading inconsistencies like the one OP has described in puzzle games before, and they completely undermine any cleverness in the design.

It's precisely the reason I'm patiently waiting for v1.1 to release before immersing myself in this game...
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 1530 50