Hex of Steel
Game manual inconsistencies
I have found some inconsistent/contradictory information in the manual. I assume it's due to game updates being recorded in part of the manual but not elsewhere.

Morale
Page 23: Morale: Excellent: +15%, Good: +5%, Normal: +0%, Bad: -10%, Awful: -15%
Page 23: Morale: Excellent: +10%, Good: (missing), Normal: +0%, Bad: -5%, Awful: -10%

Infantry vs. Armor
Page 9: Infantry ignores armour completely
Page 23: Infantry vs armour = 10% of armour is taken into account

Any chance we can get clarification as to the correct numbers for these?
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Lord 18 Aug @ 12:45pm 
I've thought about reporting similar issues in the manual myself, but I think the manual's pretty outdated in general at this point. I've just been relying on what the game reports and what the forums here say.

TBH Also I feel like our HoS dev's support time is probably better spent on game code itself at this stage (which is certainly more fun to work on anyway).
A Corsican Frog  [developer] 19 Aug @ 3:53am 
Hello,

The issue with the manual at this point is that the game is updated constantly and I just cannot remember every change I made and I don't update the manual every time either

I just don't have the time

All numbers in it should unfortunately be taken with a grain of salt :/

I will however fix these inconsistencies

As for infantry, by looking at the code, it is 10% of armour. Regardless of the infantry.
Thanks for the quick reply. Understand that you have limited time and keeping the manual up to date could be impossible. Also realized that I can activate detailed damage reports in game to see exact damage modifiers.
A Corsican Frog  [developer] 19 Aug @ 9:33am 
Originally posted by ||RUL|| Bulljump:
Thanks for the quick reply. Understand that you have limited time and keeping the manual up to date could be impossible. Also realized that I can activate detailed damage reports in game to see exact damage modifiers.
Yeah damage breakdown will solve most of the "issues" you're having!

If you and others can pinpoint directly the errors in the manual, as I said, I'll fix those, I just cannot read the entire manual and compare with the code all of it, it's too much work that would be best spent on other things (fixing the AI right now...)
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 1530 50