ELDEN RING

ELDEN RING

View Stats:
Game keeps crashing as soon as I load in
Whenever I launch the game, it would crash immediately, whenever i launch the game and i load in i see my character for like 2 seconds, again it crashes immediately, i played for like 90 hours before and it did this before for a bit but it worked again without me doin anythin. now its happening again and its pissing me off. anyone have a solution?
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
Most recent update is the culprit. Best not to play/test until another update comes along to (hopefully) fix the recent update. Otherwise constantly crashing a save is only going to result in a corrupted save. This issue is not just happening to you.
DIRTZOOM 18 Aug @ 1:12am 
Thank you, thought I was the only one.
Originally posted by DIRTZOOM:
Thank you, thought I was the only one.

This guy (rusted cake) has zero clue about anything, it is not related to the update of the game, it is a problem at your System or broken gamefiles that cause this.

He posts this nonsense argument in every crash post since he is unable to analyse his own crash problem he want to make things worse for others too.

Post your crash log from windows event viewer to get proper help.
Last edited by dark-breed; 18 Aug @ 2:00am
Burns 18 Aug @ 2:44am 
Originally posted by Rusted Cake:
Most recent update is the culprit. Best not to play/test until another update comes along to (hopefully) fix the recent update. Otherwise constantly crashing a save is only going to result in a corrupted save. This issue is not just happening to you.
Misery does love company doesn't it?
Please OP disregard rusted marbles 'advice' and just check your files integrity before contacting support, if you haven t done it already.
play a better game instead
I have 330 hours of playtime and for the last 5ish days the game seems to like to crash quite often when I try to launch it for some reason, right before writing this I had to launch it 3 times for it to actually launch which is odd because its not been an issue until recently. No idea what is causing it and its easy to get around via launching it a few times but it is annoying.
dump your graphics settings down from the main menu... then try
I have the exact same issue and have done a bit of digging.

My theory is that a recent windows update screwed up the anti cheat stuff. My issues began just a few days ago and it coincides with several windows updates.

I have seen people have success playing offline without the anti cheat enabled. I have not tried that myself as I play with friends on coop or pvp very often.
Ironwu 18 Aug @ 7:25am 
Personally, I play exclusively in Offline Mode with EAC fully disabled. I also play on an older system with lower setting and my mouse software shut down when playing Elden Ring.

I do not see any of these issues. No crashes. No stuttering. No lag.

I sometimes have a lag spike, but I put that down to some software grabbing the system to update something or other or perform some 'important' task. But generally speaking play is smooth and uninterrupted 99% of the time.
Yup. To confirm, I followed these steps in another post. Offline with EAC disabled prevents the crashing.

1. Open the game and change to boot into offline mode in the settings.
2. Close the game and create a text file in the "Game" folder called "steam_appid.txt"
4. Open file and write 1245620; save it.
5. Open the game from the eldenring.exe (do not enter from steam)
Originally posted by calebisstupid:
Yup. To confirm, I followed these steps in another post. Offline with EAC disabled prevents the crashing.

1. Open the game and change to boot into offline mode in the settings.
2. Close the game and create a text file in the "Game" folder called "steam_appid.txt"
4. Open file and write 1245620; save it.
5. Open the game from the eldenring.exe (do not enter from steam)

Originally posted by calebisstupid:
I have the exact same issue and have done a bit of digging.

My theory is that a recent windows update screwed up the anti cheat stuff. My issues began just a few days ago and it coincides with several windows updates.

I have seen people have success playing offline without the anti cheat enabled. I have not tried that myself as I play with friends on coop or pvp very often.

this provide some information that the eac installation or windows is damaged, a full system check and a clean reinstall of eac (including delete of registry keys) should be done.
Originally posted by Fentlover420:
play a better game instead

Currently impossible
turn off ray tracing
DIRTZOOM 18 Aug @ 9:27am 
I verified my files multiple times, re-downloaded and restarted all day yesterday, but today my game is now NOT crashing and is working. its only a matter of time before it does the same thing.
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
Per page: 1530 50