Greyhat - A Digital Detective Adventure

Greyhat - A Digital Detective Adventure

View Stats:
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
76561199025929818  [developer] 30 Aug, 2020 @ 12:53pm
PLEASE REPORT BUGS HERE
Kindly use this thread to report any bugs that you may come across in the game. Thank you!
Last edited by Limited_Games; 30 Aug, 2020 @ 1:03pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 64 comments
WillFlame 6 Sep, 2020 @ 9:16pm 
In the Hospital Hijinks puzzle, after beating Josh's game, the MARRY ME xxxxxx square seems to be on a very high z-layer, covering the "Launcher" menu when clicked and even the confirmation box when attempting to power off the computer. Almost accidentally logged myself out.
Last edited by WillFlame; 6 Sep, 2020 @ 9:18pm
76561199025929818  [developer] 6 Sep, 2020 @ 10:02pm 
Originally posted by WillFlame:
In the Hospital Hijinks puzzle, after beating Josh's game, the MARRY ME xxxxxx square seems to be on a very high z-layer, covering the "Launcher" menu when clicked and even the confirmation box when attempting to power off the computer. Almost accidentally logged myself out.

Hello WillFlame! I'm aware of this and should be able to push an update out soon. Thank you very much for your feedback, I greatly appreciate it!
fuggles2k 8 Sep, 2020 @ 12:07am 
Ah, missed this thread. Didn't get the I'm In achievement. Not sure why. I have a feeling I got it on another computer, but it's not on my account so must not have done.
76561199025929818  [developer] 8 Sep, 2020 @ 12:30am 
Hi fuggles2k!

You just need to complete the tunelling mini-game on any difficulty besides Auto to get it.
You will also need to be logged into Steam and have an active connection. It won't matter if you play it on another computer as long as you're logged in on Steam to the right account.
Last edited by Limited_Games; 8 Sep, 2020 @ 12:37am
BingoBongos 14 Sep, 2020 @ 6:06pm 
I'm having trouble after the Knights of Kollision level (during the Virtuol) where the game is acting up, I'm not too sure if it's a bug, but it was after Seven sends breadcrumb and I had to unpack multiple times before I could read the stuff, I then got the notification that someone sent me a message but it wouldn't show who and no one was online.I don't know if the game is soft locked, or if I'm supposed to do something on my computer.
76561199025929818  [developer] 14 Sep, 2020 @ 8:11pm 
Originally posted by BingoBongos:
I'm having trouble after the Knights of Kollision level (during the Virtuol) where the game is acting up, I'm not too sure if it's a bug, but it was after Seven sends breadcrumb and I had to unpack multiple times before I could read the stuff, I then got the notification that someone sent me a message but it wouldn't show who and no one was online.I don't know if the game is soft locked, or if I'm supposed to do something on my computer.

Hi bingobongos
You just need to unpack breadcrumb_4 and read the documents. Seven should contact you shortly after. You Must read the documents (or at least open them) in order to advance.

In your case, check the last few messages of Seven's chat, he should be giving you an IP address. Let me know if this doesn't work

Hope this helps!
Last edited by Limited_Games; 14 Sep, 2020 @ 8:14pm
aquatorrent 21 Sep, 2020 @ 9:56am 
just finished the game. thanks for the great game!

found a bug:
you can no longer open "Patient Transcript Session #202" after opening "Patient Transcript Session #369". The game will show the text of session #369 even though you open the #202 file.

also, I'm not sure if it's a bug or not, but I'll just leave it here:
in The Perjurious Policeman case, The event was something "Thursday" in the email. However, there was only one date marked in yellow for thursday in the calendar. I inputted that date and the date of the other two date that was marked in blue, but nothing was working. I ended up replaying the stage to finish it. The date somehow changed to a more sensible one with both clues matched.

lastly, on the guide you put in the other thread, in The Dancing Devil case, i don't think you need to input the alphabet in the exam to finish the stage. i'm not sure if it's possible to complete though. i did decipher all alphabets except for 4 (since i couldn't find any clues in it) and brute forced the whole combinations, but nothing worked. or perhaps it's because i didn't write it as a full sentence since there's no clue about it (is that even exist?)
Last edited by aquatorrent; 21 Sep, 2020 @ 9:58am
76561199025929818  [developer] 21 Sep, 2020 @ 11:19am 

Originally posted by aquatorrent:
just finished the game. thanks for the great game!

found a bug:
you can no longer open "Patient Transcript Session #202" after opening "Patient Transcript Session #369". The game will show the text of session #369 even though you open the #202 file.

also, I'm not sure if it's a bug or not, but I'll just leave it here:
in The Perjurious Policeman case, The event was something "Thursday" in the email. However, there was only one date marked in yellow for thursday in the calendar. I inputted that date and the date of the other two date that was marked in blue, but nothing was working. I ended up replaying the stage to finish it. The date somehow changed to a more sensible one with both clues matched.

lastly, on the guide you put in the other thread, in The Dancing Devil case, i don't think you need to input the alphabet in the exam to finish the stage. i'm not sure if it's possible to complete though. i did decipher all alphabets except for 4 (since i couldn't find any clues in it) and brute forced the whole combinations, but nothing worked. or perhaps it's because i didn't write it as a full sentence since there's no clue about it (is that even exist?)
Hello Aquatorrent,
Thanks for the feedback, I'll get right on them!

I'm glad you enjoyed the game, do leave a review if you feel like recommending this game to other potential players!

For the last bit:
No you don't need to get to page 3 of the exam to finish the level. The exam is mostly there as a place to note down the letters you've deciphered.

Thanks again,
Lint
aquatorrent 22 Sep, 2020 @ 7:44am 
Originally posted by ;2945873878573068509:
Hello Aquatorrent,
Thanks for the feedback, I'll get right on them!

I'm glad you enjoyed the game, do leave a review if you feel like recommending this game to other potential players!

For the last bit:
No you don't need to get to page 3 of the exam to finish the level. The exam is mostly there as a place to note down the letters you've deciphered.

Thanks again,
Lint
consider it done! i'm gonna work on it soon :)

you can go to the page 3?? it seems i missed a lot of things in this game.. first the cold cases files, and now this.. there are so many of them.

anyway, i just checked the last update and the bug has been fixed. great job!
TheOneAndOnly 12 Oct, 2020 @ 9:42am 
Hey great game. I had one issue/bug. After playing the demo I purchased the game but my saved state got lost during the transistion and I had to play the chapter again.

Edit: After thinking about it there were a few little bugs I found during the game. One I remember is that in Kelly-Ann's Game I managed to get the ball flying completely horizontal so that it was trapped in that state. Had to load the last safegame to be able to finish it. A reset button would be handy.

At one point, I think early on in the game, you hat to find a date and a place. In my case the date was a single-digit number. As I normally do I put a 0 infront of it. But the game didn't accept it as a solution. Had cost me quite some time to figure out the problem was the date format. Happend at least once more where I had to enter a date in the format Day+Month+Year where I thought it would be DDMMYYYY but I had to take out the zeros in front from the day and month.
Last edited by TheOneAndOnly; 12 Oct, 2020 @ 10:09am
76561199025929818  [developer] 12 Oct, 2020 @ 10:56am 
Originally posted by TheOneAndOnly:
Hey great game. I had one issue/bug. After playing the demo I purchased the game but my saved state got lost during the transistion and I had to play the chapter again.

Edit: After thinking about it there were a few little bugs I found during the game. One I remember is that in Kelly-Ann's Game I managed to get the ball flying completely horizontal so that it was trapped in that state. Had to load the last safegame to be able to finish it. A reset button would be handy.

At one point, I think early on in the game, you hat to find a date and a place. In my case the date was a single-digit number. As I normally do I put a 0 infront of it. But the game didn't accept it as a solution. Had cost me quite some time to figure out the problem was the date format. Happend at least once more where I had to enter a date in the format Day+Month+Year where I thought it would be DDMMYYYY but I had to take out the zeros in front from the day and month.

Hi TheOneAndOnly,

Unfortunately, save files are incompatible between the demo and the main game. Thank you for the rest of your feedback, I'll look into these issues as soon as I can.

Best Regards,
Lint
76561199025929818  [developer] 12 Oct, 2020 @ 10:58am 
Originally posted by t1ffy:
I'm stuck between 2 levels. I got the new IP from Seven and had already opened the reconstructior when my PC crashed. Now I can no longer enter the contructor with the pw and the IP for the new level is gone. I restarted several times and waited more than 2 hours but no longer received any new messages. Any ideas??
Hi t1ffy,
I'm sorry you're experiencing this issue. Assuming you're referring to the part of the game where you first get the Image Reconstructor, the IP address that will allow you to advance is 182.192.184.550. You should be able to use TunnelFox to proceed. Please let me know if this doesn't work.
Lint
Last edited by Limited_Games; 12 Oct, 2020 @ 11:40am
76561199025929818  [developer] 4 Nov, 2020 @ 1:31pm 
Originally posted by dubesor:
3 bugs I noticed in the demo:
1) immediately noticed: resolution set to 74hz doesn't remember, always goes back to 60hz
2) while writing in the provided notepad and pressing enter it triggered the password field multiple times locking me out (even though I was not interacting with the password field at all)
3) the password hint tooltip flickering/not showing correctly
4) trying to copy the longitude / latitude from the bottom of notepad seemed impossible, everytime I scrolled down to highlight+copy it would snap back to the top not letting me interact with anything below. had to delete notes for my notes to "jump up" in order to copy them.

overall some annoyances in the demo that made me not want to purchase the game. cheers.
Hi Dubersor,
Thanks for the feedback, I'll look into these issues. Are you playing on a Mac or PC, and could you kindly share your specs?
Cheers,
Lint
76561199025929818  [developer] 4 Nov, 2020 @ 1:58pm 
Originally posted by dubesor:
PC, Win10, 1920x1080p, 75Hz Monitor, GTX1060, i5-7400, 16GB DDR4, 860QVO, naturally everything up to date.
Thank you for responding! Much appreciated. Cheers.
Sorcha 6 Nov, 2020 @ 6:05am 
when i open the game I see the open screens. Then the screen goes black, I can hear music playing but it never progresses further than that. I have verified integrity of files. I've also uninstalled, reinstalled. As well as close steam, open it back up.
I'm on a MacBook Pro running macOS Catalina version 10.15.7: processor 2.3GHZ Dual Core Intel Core i5, graphics intel iris plus graphics 640 1536 MB
Last edited by Sorcha; 6 Nov, 2020 @ 6:06am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 64 comments
Per page: 1530 50