Housebreaker

Housebreaker

Numenorean 5 Jul, 2022 @ 10:11pm
A stealth game where the stealth mechanic does not work
I played the demo and for 10 times I attempted to jump into the property. For some bug as soon as I land in the property after moving the trashcan, my presence is revealed. The meter goes on red and green at will; and only once I was able to actually get in the yard. Even so, the demo is so buggy that most of the stealth mechanics are not working.

Not sure how old the demo is, but it is unplayable. Have been in the barrel walking around and nobody can tell I am inside even when moving; but just landing in the bushes and hiding reveal my position. Unclear how the game can even work if the AI and stealth is in this shape.

Also for some reasons I can either use 1080p or 4K; no other usable resolution
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
ZelosZalis 10 Jul, 2022 @ 11:00pm 
yep the demo is broken, the noise meter is maxed out half the time when I start the level. I can often get this to go away if I wait about 30 seconds before entering the property, still can then randomly spike one last time, the only way I've safely not been caught then is to hide in something till it goes away. I've gotten it down to a near science and can beat the demo every time now, but doesn't change the fact the demo is fundamentally broken.
Last edited by ZelosZalis; 11 Jul, 2022 @ 8:21pm
SilkMan79 25 Nov, 2022 @ 3:51pm 
Yeah, I agree. You can't even crouch to make less noise. I climb the ladder and the lady automatically either hears me, or sees me. When hiding in cabinet, and the policeman shows up, he stays there, never giving up and eventually leaving.
cannedcream 16 Jan, 2023 @ 2:34am 
Frankly, I'm amazed you've even made it to the ladder before being heard. In my last attempt, I was heard by the owners while standing still.
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 1530 50