Housebreaker

Housebreaker

Percinator 27 Jan, 2023 @ 2:01pm
Demo one of the buggiest experiences I have ever had.
Pushed the container, hopped the fence. As soon as I land the woman is startled and comes looking. I hide in the bush perfectly still till she moves away and loses all suspicion.
Move past the window (done three times via crouching, sprinting and walking) and regardless she is instantly alert again and calls the cops regardless of where she is on the property.
How are you even supposed to do this?
Also why is there not an option to have toggle crouch?
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
MrZeebub 27 Jan, 2023 @ 2:22pm 
Changes to mouse sensitivity don't change until you restart the map.

+1 on toggle crouch. Crouch can also cancel if you let go of crouch during a tutorial popup, or when you're in a hiding place.

Also, what use is the tutorial about tool usage well before you get to use any tools?
[PS]FacTor-X 27 Jan, 2023 @ 9:18pm 
It was so glitched I literally just said screw it! I Grabbed the ladder, went up into the old man's room got the code to the door and ran to unlock the shed door with the combo. I made all sorts of noise and the cop was stuck somewhere going all "Where is he!" I then hot wire the car causing all noise and take my time opening the garage because everyone is so stupid. So with the car started and the garage open, I ram through the gate. I was not sneaky at all because the sneaky mechanics are broken and so is the AI.

They need to chill on the awareness level, when the cops are called, and when the cops leave (Its like no mater what I do they just dont leave!!! Even hidding does nothing!)

The premise of the game is quite interesting and there is quite good voice work with a decent story to be told regarding the motivations of your character. This could be a good one if they spend more time polishing it:

-Simplify controls (maybe have an option to auto select the tool or simply the UI selection! Why are there tabs for keys and tools!? Why can it just be one wheel to choose your item?)

-Fix Ai of residents and cops

-Fix detection levels. Way too high IMO or have difficulty levels. If I am in a bush standing or not and I am in the dark, not even in the residents field of view, I should not be spotted woah...

-Fix hidding spots. If I am hidding and the cops are all confused and looking around they should eventually leave! Perhaps even add some sort of time to run out of the dudes sight as well. This is a game it should be somewhat fun. Being spotted should not be insta fail. It should be more like Metal Gear solid 2 or assassins creed with a cool down timer regardless of who spots you... Right now its way too extreme and broken.

Just my two cents but yeah I think this game could use some work before release :(.
Last edited by [PS]FacTor-X; 27 Jan, 2023 @ 9:26pm
Twitch 30 Jan, 2023 @ 8:08pm 
Damn. Maybe they are ripping off payday 2 after all cause the layout of that house in the store pages screenshots looks awfully familiar to me.
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 1530 50