Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin

Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin

View Stats:
Cocytus 2 Jan, 2023 @ 6:02am
any way to shut up the cat entirely?
hey, is there any way to shut that annoying cat up for good?
like seriously, after the first 5 nests i still thought ok, might be doable, but after the 10th nest it just became an annoyance and after the 100th it started becoming unbearable, especially since you can't click away the message without switching the cam control (keyboard/mouse controls) to click the message and switch it back after to be in full control again, similar for every egg you pick up, like seriously, as if all players were morons that can't differentiate a regular, a good or an awesome egg (and the weight info is pretty much pointless anyway since so far i haven't seen any weight differences on the same species) -.-

same annoyance every time you get near a royal monster and dare you if you wanted to pick up something since that stupid message also blocks all keys except movement >_<
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
liberator65853 14 Jan, 2023 @ 2:51am 
There was a mod that fixed that for singleplayer. I think it was made Fandirus and it was on his discord I think.

I have never tried it and have no idea if it still works though
Last edited by liberator65853; 14 Jan, 2023 @ 2:52am
Cocytus 14 Jan, 2023 @ 3:46am 
but seriously, whoever was in charge of the "quality control" in this game definitely did a sloppy job at best regarding that aspect of the game, or they imagined their target audience being stupid as bricks and still needing to get a literal tutorial notification about how nests work even after 100+ nests, and it's even more annoying since they at least fixed the movement break in coop yet they still left it this annoying in SP >_<
liberator65853 14 Jan, 2023 @ 6:13pm 
Yep! Hopefully They remove it or at least add an option to turn it off if they do a 3rd game. That mod might only fix the movement and not remove the dialog now that I think about it.
Cocytus 14 Jan, 2023 @ 7:36pm 
yea, saw it on youtube, the modder was basically too lazy to be bothered about disabling the text as a whole (his own words) and probably just copied over the coop code to work in SP *shrugs*

but yea, overall this game really scratches that creature collector/battler itch in the best way possible, if not for a few inconveniences here and there (time wasting stuff you can't skip) and that annoying laboratory cat that probably just peed in a power outlet or something :steamfacepalm:
Navirou:"There is a catavan stand nearby"
Me: I know there is a catavan stand im looking at it!
Mokona 5 Jul @ 7:05pm 
Yep I know there is a catavan, im trying to activate it but your text is stopping me. Then there is the egg hatching to get genes, cant just pop out the baby. No got to sit there and watch it crack every time, hope you are only hatching 5 all game.
MODCA 6 Jul @ 12:34pm 
Originally posted by Mokona:
Yep I know there is a catavan, im trying to activate it but your text is stopping me. Then there is the egg hatching to get genes, cant just pop out the baby. No got to sit there and watch it crack every time, hope you are only hatching 5 all game.
If you hold START (or whatever button that is on keyboard) while you hatch multiple eggs, it'll skip the cutscene.
Sadly you can't do this skip in stories 1.
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50