Art of the Rail

Art of the Rail

bcjiowa 13 Dec, 2022 @ 5:18pm
How long does it take to type a one sentence update??
Why hasn’t someone on the devs team addressed the botched release, very confusing!!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 91 comments
Uberwarrior 13 Dec, 2022 @ 5:53pm 
They have, it was due to a flu and they will update us when more information becomes available.
KiwiPete 13 Dec, 2022 @ 5:59pm 
I imagine it would be a reflection of the management style. If my understanding is correct, Art of the Rail is the CEO's project (with a couple of others working on it) and perhaps he's gate keeping the information and no one else is in a position to release / update on the situation. With the nasty virus that's been with us for a while, who knows, he may be in hospital in ICU? Or enjoying a summer's day in Dunedin at the Emersons brewery.
ArcticuKitsu 13 Dec, 2022 @ 11:26pm 
Originally posted by Executor UberDuck:
They have, it was due to a flu and they will update us when more information becomes available.

I'd believe this. Developers usually tell us what happened after the fact with funeral, family death, covid and other stuff. Now that flu is the reason that's understandable. There have been some nasty ones going around making me believe the delay in self care.

We live in a spoiled society.
Ligator 27 Dec, 2022 @ 4:05am 
Apparently the Dev and all employed in the company have had a flu for a LOOOOOONG time now. Poor company where all have a flu.
Admiral_Marc 29 Dec, 2022 @ 12:09pm 
Are you REALLY expecting anything else from Rocket?
Dark Phoenix 30 Dec, 2022 @ 1:36pm 
Originally posted by Ligator:
Apparently the Dev and all employed in the company have had a flu for a LOOOOOONG time now. Poor company where all have a flu.

The team working on this is three people. One programmer and two artists. Without the programmer, stuff cant really be done...so more info will come when they know what info to give.
TaKtLo$$ 31 Dec, 2022 @ 4:48pm 
Originally posted by Dark Phoenix:
Originally posted by Ligator:

The team working on this is three people. One programmer and two artists. Without the programmer, stuff cant really be done...so more info will come when they know what info to give.

You dont get it? There was a Fake release Date and no one say just 1 word. Just for example: "Hello we are here" or Sorry for the fake release date".... thats all people want.
I understand why people get upset
Dark Phoenix 31 Dec, 2022 @ 6:02pm 
Originally posted by TaKtLo$$:

You dont get it? There was a Fake release Date and no one say just 1 word. Just for example: "Hello we are here" or Sorry for the fake release date".... thats all people want.
I understand why people get upset

No, there was a release date, the programmer came down with something at some point, and was unable to update. There is nothing fake about it...sometimes these things happen.

The game not being ready for release doesnt mean anything was fake. This is an established company with multiple games under their belts.
Monarchco 1 Jan, 2023 @ 6:14pm 
No, there was a release date, the programmer came down with something at some point, and was unable to update. There is nothing fake about it...sometimes these things happen.

So is the programmer dead? That was over 4 weeks ago. We're literally almost a month since the "release date" and "the flu".
Mush 1 Jan, 2023 @ 11:25pm 
Originally posted by Monarchco:

So is the programmer dead? That was over 4 weeks ago. We're literally almost a month since the "release date" and "the flu".
he probably does not want to say anything on Steam because of the possible backlash.
it does not look good to keep ignoring Steam but if you look at some of the reactions that are posted here, it is understandable that they would rather look bad by saying nothing vs a message board full of troll posts.

I think they should post something at least, not even a release date but something to show that they are still working on the game.
Dark Phoenix 2 Jan, 2023 @ 3:48am 

There are some nasty things going around, they got ill just before the holidays....most devs will break for a couple of weeks around xmas anyway. Maybe just wait patiently...none of us have paid them anything, they don't owe us a product.
Kaizan 2 Jan, 2023 @ 6:50pm 
I have to sadly agree with alot of the comments at this point, week 1 or 2 with no update because of sickness is viable, but a month with zero word when you know your project was releasing is unacceptable.

Defence or blame, you cant disagree its unacceptable.
Monarchco 9 Feb, 2023 @ 1:29pm 

There are some nasty things going around, they got ill just before the holidays....most devs will break for a couple of weeks around xmas anyway. Maybe just wait patiently...none of us have paid them anything, they don't owe us a product.
Just wait patiently?

No. They can't bother to even give us a real reason. It's been over a month since your post, and they still haven't said a thing beyond their "sick" excuse.
You think they're still on break? What a company to be on break for 2 months straight ignoring customer issues/etc.

I've checked back here every few weeks. This is the last time. Whenever it does come out, if it ever does, they won't get my money now. And they won't get my money for a single other thing they ever produce either at this point.

I've never had any experience with this studio or dev in the past. I never played dayz or anything else made by these guys. But I now solidly understand why everyone seems bitter at them. And now they won't get my money.

They did owe me something. If they want me, or any other customer to ever give them money, they need to give their customers RESPECT long before any money changes hands. It's why games like battlefield 5 failed. Because the devs couldn't give even slight respect to their customers. So the customers simply never gave them any money at all.

So you enjoy waiting for them to get over being "sick", or to wait for them to get done with their "holiday break" as we're into the second week of february with still no announcement of any kind.
Last edited by Monarchco; 9 Feb, 2023 @ 1:30pm
power man 10 Feb, 2023 @ 10:21am 

Just wait patiently?

No. They can't bother to even give us a real reason. It's been over a month since your post, and they still haven't said a thing beyond their "sick" excuse.
You think they're still on break? What a company to be on break for 2 months straight ignoring customer issues/etc.

I've checked back here every few weeks. This is the last time. Whenever it does come out, if it ever does, they won't get my money now. And they won't get my money for a single other thing they ever produce either at this point.

I've never had any experience with this studio or dev in the past. I never played dayz or anything else made by these guys. But I now solidly understand why everyone seems bitter at them. And now they won't get my money.

They did owe me something. If they want me, or any other customer to ever give them money, they need to give their customers RESPECT long before any money changes hands. It's why games like battlefield 5 failed. Because the devs couldn't give even slight respect to their customers. So the customers simply never gave them any money at all.

So you enjoy waiting for them to get over being "sick", or to wait for them to get done with their "holiday break" as we're into the second week of february with still no announcement of any kind.
lmao, why're you resurrecting this old argument?, now your just gonna start it again :steamfacepalm:

like mate, they're active again on discord if you guys even bothered to join it
Eisbär 10 Feb, 2023 @ 3:02pm 

Just wait patiently?

No one owes you anything.
Instead of crying here so disgustingly, you can also just go to the Dev Discord and make yourself a picture of the state.

The comments here are just ridiculous.
Especially because no one has paid a cent.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 91 comments
Per page: 1530 50