Townscaper

Townscaper

Mpokolis 30 Jun, 2020 @ 10:58am
Crash at launch
Everytime I press the play button, a window pops up with an exclamation mark and a bar loading, but then nothing happens! Anyone else experiencing the same issue?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
Rix 1 Jul, 2020 @ 10:22pm 
I'm getting this as well
Rix 1 Jul, 2020 @ 10:33pm 
So I found that it works if I go live in a Discord channel while playing ._.
Ksun 3 Jul, 2020 @ 4:41pm 
Due to absence of Discord, didn't check that way.
I suspect it have something to do with video card drivers, but after I updated mine, it still crash
Rix 4 Jul, 2020 @ 5:53pm 
Still getting crashes after restarting my laptop though
averiator 6 Jul, 2020 @ 7:06pm 
I am also getting this. I can't get it to launch at all
Vision 8 Jul, 2020 @ 8:57am 
Mines crashing at launch too
Oskar  [developer] 9 Jul, 2020 @ 11:01pm 
Very sorry about this bug. No idea what causes it, but I will investigate! Thanks a ton for being helpful and letting me know about it
bogcore 10 Jul, 2020 @ 2:56pm 
This is the same for me
bogcore 13 Jul, 2020 @ 2:15am 
This seems to happen with some other unity games too, but not all of them
Lausmädl 13 Jul, 2020 @ 6:11am 
Same for me :/
bogcore 17 Jul, 2020 @ 5:01am 
anyone had any luck getting around this yet? i've tried some fixes people suggested elsewhere for unity games, but nothing seems applicable/works
Mpokolis 17 Jul, 2020 @ 8:37am 
Originally posted by briar:
anyone had any luck getting around this yet? i've tried some fixes people suggested elsewhere for unity games, but nothing seems applicable/works
no, nothing works for me!!
i've downloaded this game today and i have the same issue :/
ekertin 13 Jun @ 1:19pm 
Mine was working fine, but once my build got huge, the trouble began. It will load fine, but when it finally finishes rendering the details, it crashes. I updated all my drivers. I have a smaller graphics card, but I never had problems before, and I used to play it without a graphics card. Kind of makes me dislike the game, and it will definitely change my review of the game.
anakowi 6 Jul @ 8:51pm 
I haven't tried for a few months, but since I've installed a new mother board I tried to open my last file again. Crashed after rendering. The file is 55mb.

I remember reading somewhere that the code was not fully optimised, built as a tool for other game projects then released as an "app" itself, as is. And it is thoroughly delightful. It deserves a little more attention to code stability.

Unless I'm greatly mistaken, every time you make a change to a tile it affects every other adjacent tile according to "procedural rules" --- rendering each tile anew to reflect the rule, eg. new doors, windows etc. appear. In addition, every tile connected/adjacent above and below each secondary tile that is re-rendering, must also be rendered anew. So one minor click can result in hundreds of cascading adjustments. Therefore, low-broad designs will be less problematic.

I'd love to hear from anyone that has modded/fixed the file-size problem (if that IS the answer to the problem).
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
Per page: 1530 50