DRAGON QUEST XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition

DRAGON QUEST XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition

View Stats:
Do we keep costume appearances on our next game?
Hello everyone. I am nearly at the end of the game I think. I want to do another run with different draconian settings. Do we get to keep the costume appearances we unlocked on to our new game?
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Koby 30 Jun @ 11:11pm 
No, there is no New Game+, so you can only start a fresh game file.
Ashuran 30 Jun @ 11:21pm 
Originally posted by Koby:

ok thanks. That is so unfortunate. Would have loved if the costumes at least carries over to a new game.
Originally posted by Ashuran:

ok thanks. That is so unfortunate. Would have loved if the costumes at least carries over to a new game.

There are nexus mods that let you do this.
I need to check if from switching between 2D and 3D you can start on chapter 1 with everything. I haven't tried 2d mode yet because if the gameplay is like Tickington, I may not tolerate it from how slow the battle system is.
Ashuran 2 Jul @ 1:24pm 
Originally posted by LordKaiserX0:
I need to check if from switching between 2D and 3D you can start on chapter 1 with everything. I haven't tried 2d mode yet because if the gameplay is like Tickington, I may not tolerate it from how slow the battle system is.

Yes. I know I can sort of make a new game plus with everything we have. But I want to start fresh but with all the costumes.

I am almost at the end of act 2. I guess I wont be replaying this game for a while. Almost a 100 hours just to reach end of act 2, granted I am on hard mode haha. If I were to do act 3 then it would probably mean another 20 hours or so I think. So I think replaying this game would burn me out too much haha. Going to grab another rpg on sale at the moment instead haha.
Jean 2 Jul @ 5:39pm 

There are mods to obtain all the costumes from the beginning I believe, so just use that if you want them earlier this time through.

Yes. I know I can sort of make a new game plus with everything we have. But I want to start fresh but with all the costumes.

I am almost at the end of act 2. I guess I wont be replaying this game for a while. Almost a 100 hours just to reach end of act 2, granted I am on hard mode haha. If I were to do act 3 then it would probably mean another 20 hours or so I think. So I think replaying this game would burn me out too much haha. Going to grab another rpg on sale at the moment instead haha.

Act 3 is the most non lineal portion of the game. It's purpose is for you to get the end game equipment... Yeah if you want everything it will be just as long XD.

You could turn off hard mode after act 2. As the game recognizes only up to act 2 for completing hard mode.
Ashuran 5 Jul @ 3:32am 
Originally posted by Chaos 混沌 カオス:

You could turn off hard mode after act 2. As the game recognizes only up to act 2 for completing hard mode.

Thanks. I thought about that but so far I am progressing fairly fine. I will turn it off once I get stuck and just wants to finish the game haha. The post game story is very short. Generally more of a collection and battle game for people who wants to collect more stuff for their characters and see more stronger builds with more levels. I am slowly trying to do stuff one at a time as we can get overwhelmed with so many side quests being handed to us at once haha
Originally posted by Chaos 混沌 カオス:

Thanks. I thought about that but so far I am progressing fairly fine. I will turn it off once I get stuck and just wants to finish the game haha. The post game story is very short. Generally more of a collection and battle game for people who wants to collect more stuff for their characters and see more stronger builds with more levels. I am slowly trying to do stuff one at a time as we can get overwhelmed with so many side quests being handed to us at once haha
yeah, postgame or whatever you wanna call it is essentially a redo of the last act where you want to unscrew the screwups.
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Per page: 1530 50