DRAGON QUEST XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition

DRAGON QUEST XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition

View Stats:
DQXI vs DQXI S
I've not been able to find anything regarding a question I have been the two, so I figured I'd just ask here. I have a copy of DQXI in my library and lately I've been thinking about getting S to try some of the other challenges and see what stuff has been added. If I get S, will it like overwrite my copy of XI, or will it have its own listing?
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
The author of this thread has indicated that this post answers the original topic.
own listing i have both.
I've never known a single game to offer a different version of said game that then overwrites the original game and removes it from your inventory.

Closest I can think of is the "Anniversary Edition" of Skyrim, which was nothing more than a collection of DLC packs, but you could still play the downgraded version all you wanted if you didn't get it - or didn't connect to Steam.
So my copy of XI will for lack of a better term, be safe, if I buy a copy of S? I was hoping that'd be the case, since there are so many differences they're basically separate titles. But I didn't want to get S and lose access to XI.
Originally posted by Bossonova420:
own listing i have both.

Meant to quote your reply. That brings a lot of peace of mind. I didn't want to lose XI for posterity. And I enjoy it for what it is
Yeah, you'll be fine.

However, save file progress is also kept separate between the 2 versions.
That works for me.
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 1530 50