Sid Meier's Civilization® VII

Sid Meier's Civilization® VII

Native MacOS Version
I really hope there will be a native macOS Version. :))
If so, it is a „must buy“ game for me! Fingers crossed.
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Indeed, +1 for this!
What do you mean by "native"?

It looks like there is going to be a MacOS version, judging from the Store page.
gegyman 7 Jul @ 3:13am 
Originally posted by MeniliteZ:
What do you mean by "native"?

It looks like there is going to be a MacOS version, judging from the Store page.

„Native“ means: No Rosetta just use Metal Graphics and the power oft apple sillicon.
I guess CIV 6 uses rosetta.
I don't think I have Rosetta on my Mojave computer, and Civ 6 runs fine*. I'm not sure how it works for OSs past Catalina.

I doubt they'll make different versions of Civ 7 for different OSs. That would be a nightmare for updates and cross-OS play.

I know Firaxis (or is it 2k?) doesn't make Mac programs.

*Occasional text garble on loading a game, but just have to load it again.
gegyman 8 Jul @ 7:36am 

I doubt they'll make different versions of Civ 7 for different OSs. That would be a nightmare for updates and cross-OS play.

I don't think that this will be a nightmare. Think about the game Snowrunner which - i guess - runs nativ on M-Chips and can be played crossover with windows players.
My guess is: CIV 7 only runs on Apple Silicon Macs.
Originally posted by gegyman:

I don't think that this will be a nightmare. Think about the game Snowrunner which - i guess - runs nativ on M-Chips and can be played crossover with windows players.
My guess is: CIV 7 only runs on Apple Silicon Macs.

Snowrunner looks like a far less complex game.
I don't think I have Rosetta on my Mojave computer, and Civ 6 runs fine*. I'm not sure how it works for OSs past Catalina.

I assume you have an Intel Mac? If so, no need for Rosetta 2. If you have a M-chip Mac, you would need this translation layer to run Civ VI.

Actually, I guess all of this is in the hands of Aspyr, which was in charge of bringing Civ VI to Mac. Maybe they are bringing Civ VII too, similarly.

Hopefully Aspyr (*please*) will make Civ VII Apple Silicon- native.
Last edited by pierrespartan; 24 Jul @ 1:56pm
Originally posted by pierrespartan:

I assume you have an Intel Mac? If so, no need for Rosetta 2. If you have a M-chip Mac, you would need this translation layer to run Civ VI.

Actually, I guess all of this is in the hands of Aspyr, which was in charge of bringing Civ VI to Mac. Maybe they are bringing Civ VII too, similarly.

Hopefully Aspyr (*please*) will make Civ VII Apple Silicon- native.

Probably won't be playable on Intel Macs if they do.

But I'm kinda expecting that.

If I'm reading this right, you don't want to have to use Rosetta to run Civ 7. That's definitely something I'd agree with, if they make it unusable to OS 10 anyway.
gegyman 24 Jul @ 6:37pm 

Time of Intel (Macs) has past.
Originally posted by gegyman:

Time of Intel (Macs) has past.

Yeah. I may be out of the loop on how far in the past.
Also a PC version would be nice 16k cough cough next gen cough cough
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 1530 50