Sid Meier's Civilization® VII

Sid Meier's Civilization® VII

Dear developers, add LGBTQ+ leaders, please.
We need more diversity in our favorite game. We need more LGBTQ+ characters+minorities.
Last edited by ADHD Asperger's-"Aspie"; 30 Jun @ 1:55pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 43 comments
siiir_zare 30 Jun @ 1:48pm 
Please name a prominent historical LGBTQ+ leader.
Margaret River 30 Jun @ 9:24pm 
Alphabeticus the Queer
Exceptional player (Banned) 30 Jun @ 11:25pm 
lol, trolling aside, this is precisely why I'll be waiting to see what they come up with before buying. If this looks or feels anything like Human Kind, I'm out. Will not play games with overt political left wing tones.
Ayase 3 Jul @ 6:03pm 
Nah what the ♥♥♥♥
this is bait. don't take the bait.
Exceptional player (Banned) 3 Jul @ 7:20pm 
Originally posted by wordwaster:
this is bait. don't take the bait.

Yeah its definitely bait. But they're so gunna do it though.
Vorpal Spoon (Banned) 3 Jul @ 9:35pm 
I'll take the bait and say this: I say that only 5% of the characters be alphabetized, like in real life, and the other 95% be hetero-normative, like in real life...
Exceptional player (Banned) 3 Jul @ 9:38pm 
Originally posted by Vorpal Spoon:
I'll take the bait and say this: I say that only 5% of the characters be alphabetized, like in real life, and the other 95% be hetero-normative, like in real life...

Or... You ignore a person's attraction to a specific gender (given its an entirely boring and irrelevant component in CIV) and just focus on making the game.
Vorpal Spoon (Banned) 3 Jul @ 9:40pm 
Originally posted by Exceptional player:

Or... You ignore a person's attraction to a specific gender (given its an entirely boring and irrelevant component in CIV) and just focus on making the game.
:steamthis::steamthumbsup:
Lucius 3 Jul @ 9:59pm 
Oh boy. Here we go... it has begun.
Originally posted by Exceptional player:

This is the better idea. It's better to not show in game what proclivities they have.

If a leader is already known to be such, that's fine, but don't add in quotes reinforcing it.

Especially since such quotes are usually directed at player leaders, and there aren't separate quotes depending on which gender they are talking to.
A-Money 4 Jul @ 8:58am 
How about more Catholic/Orthodox Saints as leaders? What could be more based. The opposite of what OP is 100% more likely. Saints are all over Civ 6.
Whakahoatanga 11 Jul @ 12:56am 
Originally posted by siiir_zare:

Alexander the Great was probably gay or bi. Also Gustav V of Sweden. So we already had LGBTQ+ leaders, and it's likely that Alexander will return :)
Last edited by Whakahoatanga; 11 Jul @ 12:58am
Exceptional player (Banned) 11 Jul @ 3:57am 
Originally posted by Whakahoatanga:
Originally posted by siiir_zare:

Alexander the Great was probably gay or bi. Also Gustav V of Sweden. So we already had LGBTQ+ leaders, and it's likely that Alexander will return :)

This is so misinformed its tragic. Sexuality as we understand today is totally incompatible with ancient practices. I dare say many people in the LGBTQ+ community would be offended being compared to people in ancient times.

Secondly, Alexander had multiple wives and the suggestion he was bi or even gay is historically contentious with no clear evidence to suggest he was either of those things.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 43 comments
Per page: 1530 50