Sid Meier's Civilization® VII

Sid Meier's Civilization® VII

better AI please.
I swear the AI doesn't even have a plan, they never deploy their aircraft, they never use all the troops at their disposal, they make weird unrealistic decisions.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
Ro)(oR 10 Jul @ 12:44am 
The day this game will have an AI, people will complain "i'm not able to win this crap ..."
lol
i join your idea pitchblack.
rolly_k 17 Jul @ 3:38am 
oh please, +1 for better AI.
Spartak 18 Jul @ 1:42pm 
Yes! The ai hammering barracks with melee instead of going to the city annoys me so much
Vakuda (Banned) 19 Jul @ 8:53pm 
There is no point in having a new civilization game if the AI doesnt play better
A new coat of paint and minor gameplay changes doesnt justify a new title for me
One way to have better ai is to give the player fewer options in the setup menu. There should be only two map sizes small and standard. period. There should only 1,2,4 or 7 ai civs only. period. Continents and island map only . period. standard speed only. period. zero or eight city states only. period. And no mods and the mod crybabies.
/I'm kidding-or am i?
eternien 24 Jul @ 2:30am 
+1 for a better AI
Seamus 28 Jul @ 6:33am 
If the AI hasnt been significantly revamped with new gameplay systems to compliment it then its essentially the same old ♥♥♥♥. You reach a point in these games where you overcome the initial adversity and the rest of the civs simply fold and you've won the game and playing on is pointless. I always find myself wondering why I'm still playing because there's no challenge posed anymore. It then becomes a little cosmetic city builder.
The AI will be about the same as civ3, civ4, civ5,civ6…
AI needs computational power and civ7 is made for the last gen consoles like the current version…
I can fore see the most popular threats in civ7 Fortum when the game is releases to be, ”why the game AI is so bad…”
If civ7 will become online game where you pay $20 to $30 / month to play… and some online super computer handle the AI… maybe, maybe then the AI would be tiny bit better,,,
AI (as it has always been in the series) will never be satisfying. The complexity of the game increases way faster than the capabilities of the AI do and that will never change until real AI is implemented into games.

That will probably never happen though because that seems like a classical case of "You think that you do, but you don't".
Last edited by parent child bowl; 31 Jul @ 2:47pm
p9000 2 Aug @ 5:27pm 
A big part of making "good AI" is to design a game that is playable by the AI you are able to create.

In Civ 6, for example, the AI is utterly unable to deal with the loyalty drain on cities, so they found cities that immediately go into revolt, or wage expensive wars to take a city only to allow it to fall into revolt immediately and lose it back to the original owner.

The solution here is pretty simple: get rid of the whole loyalty checking of cities (which is extremely irritating even for the human player, not realistic, and adds nothing fun to the game).

In a 90s version of Civ when you could still stack units, the way to capture a city was clearly to stack a siege unit with low defense with a melee unit for defense, then move them together to the city walls.

The AI didn't know to do this and would just send an endless stream of undefended catapults to your city, which you would easily kill with any unit.

I created a mod for myself where a catapult unit was the cost of a phalanx + catapult, and had the defense of the phalanx plus the siege power of the catapult. Just so they AI couldn't do the stupid thing it wanted to do. Now when the AI sent lone catapults to your city they had the same stats as the combined stack that any human would use.

It worked, the AI was like twice as good just from that simple change to the game: change the rules to fit the AI's behavior when you can't change the behavior itself.
Last edited by p9000; 2 Aug @ 5:28pm
play Civ5 Vox Populi mod. It has best tactical AI
Originally posted by CookieMagic:
play Civ5 Vox Populi mod. It has best tactical AI

Will check that out, thank you. :)
Lee 3 Aug @ 3:17pm 
If you really want a better AI then get the million of dollars needed to create it and create a computer that could handle the AI.
Junior 5 Aug @ 5:34pm 
Originally posted by parent child bowl:
AI (as it has always been in the series) will never be satisfying. The complexity of the game increases way faster than the capabilities of the AI do and that will never change until real AI is implemented into games.

That will probably never happen though because that seems like a classical case of "You think that you do, but you don't".
dota is much more complex than civ games and they managed to make a ai that beat pro players ( open ai FIVE) so no, its totally doable.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
Per page: 1530 50